Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

CNN is saying today that this summit will only be a "meet and greet" and nothing will come out of this first meeting.

I want to see them give credit where credit is due. Of course they would never give Trump any favorable coverage no matter what happens.

Eat your words "Trump/Russia 24/7 collusion network"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

CNN is saying today that this summit will only be a "meet and greet" and nothing will come out of this first meeting.

I want to see them give credit where credit is due. Of course they would never give Trump any favorable coverage no matter what happens.

Eat your words "Trump/Russia 24/7 collusion network"

Trump will never/ever get credit (for anything) from CNN...hell will freeze over first. Words will ever be eaten, if one thing doesn't pan out they will simply move onto another. The mainstream media is no longer engaged in journalism, they are all just political pundits at this point. 

• Like 3

Trump Kim summit: US President Donald Trump arrives in Singapore- BBC News

Hooray it's going ahead -

Bless Donald Trump for putting in the work to make this happen - and being prepared to make Peace -

We'll see how it all goes....

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

and

(it's CNN but it came up after the Trump one above so I'm just using it)

Kim Jong Un arrives in Singapore and meets with PM Lee Hsien Loong

On 6/4/2018 at 8:18 AM, Lilly said:

Trump will never/ever get credit (for anything) from CNN...hell will freeze over first. Words will ever be eaten, if one thing doesn't pan out they will simply move onto another. The mainstream media is no longer engaged in journalism, they are all just political pundits at this point. 

Even President Trump has said he doesn't expect too much from this meeting.   In reality, isn't meet and greet a first step to further negotiations? Are we so attention limited that we expected everything to be solved in one weekend?  CNN isn't lying or inventing this stuff; they do tend to focus on the negative though.

• Like 1

And...it’s going down right now. Just saw Kim arrive (in his elevator shoes no less). Trump looks positively ‘slim’ standing next to him.

No one knows what may or may not happen.

Historic meeting, very good for the world.

I understand Trump will speak late(r).

10 minutes ago, Lilly said:

And...it’s going down right now. Just saw Kim arrive (in his elevator shoes no less). Trump looks positively ‘slim’ standing next to him.

No one knows what may or may not happen.

I think that anything other than bellicose threats and missiles being fired over Japan is amazing.  I don't expect miracles, yet the mere fact this is happening is.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Hopefully there will be re-runs in the morning (I’m just not a night owl). 

I heard that Trump will speak exclusively with Sean Hannity at 4am EDT.

(I don't have a link however and the timing of course could change)

8 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I heard that Trump will speak exclusively with Sean Hannity at 4am EDT.

(I don't have a link however and the timing of course could change)

I always remember that when deployed and in theater, and things like this would be going on, my very young **** would be strapped into a Tomcat at 0400, on alert, ready to launch.  Diplomacy at the pointy end of the spear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

I always remember that when deployed and in theater, and things like this would be going on, my very young **** would be strapped into a Tomcat at 0400, on alert, ready to launch.  Diplomacy at the pointy end of the spear.

I recall being at General Quarters in the radio shack aboard a Guided Missile Frigate armed to the teeth with birds locked and loaded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

You're airforce Merc? Didn't know that about you.  Cool man!

9 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You're airforce Merc? Didn't know that about you.  Cool man!

Navy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I recall being at General Quarters in the radio shack aboard a Guided Missile Frigate armed to the teeth with birds locked and loaded.

Didn't know you were a squid ZZ, :tu:   My brother did his first tour on a Perry class.  80's Navy though, big difference.

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Didn't know you were a squid ZZ, :tu:   My brother did his first tour on a Perry class.  80's Navy though, big difference.

"Sparks" <-----

I'm talking 1967 :lol:

Edited by .ZZ.

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

"Sparks" <-----

I'm talking 1967 :lol:

My Dad was a radioman in the late 50's and early 60''s, I've heard the stories.    :tu:  I guess you have a few years on me shipmate

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Navy.

Cool man!  I don't know much about military stuff but a quick Google search says Tomcats were used on aircraft carriers.  Here in Victoria, BC we can hear the rumble of fighter jets practicing taking off and landing on the coast of Washington State... Whidbey island.  I've been told that rumbling sound is the sound of freedom!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Cool man!  I don't know much about military stuff but a quick Google search says Tomcats were used on aircraft carriers.  Here in Victoria, BC we can hear the rumble of fighter jets practicing taking off and landing on the coast of Washington State... Whidbey island.  I've been told that rumbling sound is the sound of freedom!

That was my first assignment after boot camp  (1965) Cool place.

I remember the rain and the rocky beaches, not sand like in SoCal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yep, carrier only except in ran.  Iran was the only country that bought the most expensive fighter in history, at the time,  for his fledgling air force.  he Iranians have far more kills than the Navy (Iran-Iraq war). Interesting story to read. 

• Like 1

So, they just shook hands, and it doesn't look like Trump did his "usual handshaking routine",  where he try to rip the recipients arm right out of his goddamn socket....(thanks for small miracles)....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EllJay said:

So, they just shook hands, and it doesn't look like Trump did his "usual handshaking routine",  where he try to rip the recipients arm right out of his goddamn socket....(thanks for small miracles)....

It'd be hilarious if it weren't for the fact that it's real life.

Still hard to wrap my mind around that... :blink:

• Like 1