Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

What are you suggesting is not new? I'm confused to what it is exactly that you're talking about.. 

In April at his meeting with Moon KIm agreed to work toward the " complete denuclearization” of the Korean peninsula" - so this is not new.

Furthermore in 1995 N and S Korea signed the "Joint Declaration of the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" accord.

The only thing that is new is that the US have signed up to the "complete denuclearization” of the Korean peninsula" - which is interesting in itself.

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Hopefully individuals such as yourself will wake up and see how fortunate we are to have such a great President and Country. 

You are very welcome to him.

18 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

In April at his meeting with Moon KIm agreed to work toward the " complete denuclearization” of the Korean peninsula" - so this is not new.

Furthermore in 1995 N and S Korea signed the "Joint Declaration of the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" accord.

The only thing that is new is that the US have signed up to the "complete denuclearization” of the Korean peninsula" - which is interesting in itself.

Well that's not the only thing that's new. A president meeting with the leader of NK hasn't happened in many decades. If Trump and Kim can form a personal relationship, he could have much more influence over the outcome.  

34 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No their arguments parrot mine, and my sources.

Parrot was a bad choice of words on my part. I didn't mean that in a negative way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Try explaining  if you can   just  how exactly the  President  of America  Donald Trump  and his  cabinet are  displaying disregard towards  human rights ? 

The absolute love affair with dictators and strongmen is a good start but we also have their own words 

Leaked memo schooled Tillerson on human rights

Trump: It’s Not The White House’s Job to Care About Human Rights

Donald Trump on terrorists: 'Take out their families' 

7 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Oh I see you refuse to acknowledge that President Trump will be soon receiving a  Nobel Peace prize .  I have read  that Moon did offer aide to help find American Soldiers remains in North Korea.   Yes I am very thankful  for President Trump and his  administration.  I never want President Trump to ever leave the office of Presidency. He's the greatest employee America has ever hired to work for us.  To think  he once sought out the very best the very talented  for hire    likewise so did Americans when we chose him.

19 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh I see you refuse to acknowledge that President Trump will be soon receiving a  Nobel Peace prize .  I have read  that Moon did offer aide to help find American Soldiers remains in North Korea.   Yes I am very thankful  for President Trump and his  administration.  I never want President Trump to ever leave the office of Presidency. He's the greatest employee America has ever hired to work for us.  To think  he once sought out the very best the very talented  for hire    likewise so did Americans when we chose him.

Yes that another great point. The return of our fallen is a awesome achievement, especially if you had family that fought and died in NK.

For the first time there is reason to have hope for the people of NK, and for the several countries NK has threatened to nuke since Clinton gave him the green light and the means to make nukes. To cheer against this, like so many are doing right now is insane. Don't they know how utterly ridiculous they sound?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So I click on one of the links and  it's Marxist Mother Jones,  are you serious ?  The last  administration devastated human rights not only in the Middle East but world wide with imposing forced immigration into  societies where they would never assimilate while trying to take our rights away from us , you know little things like free speech and Christianity. 

@ Farmer Do you respect  & uphold the American Constitution &  America's Founding Fathers in  their dream of building a nation, America? 

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So I click on one of the links and  it's Marxist Mother Jones,  are you serious ? 

Yup. Research the info , cross reference, but dear god don't dismiss a source without doing so first. 

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The last  administration devastated human rights not only in the Middle East but world wide with imposing forced immigration into  societies where they would never assimilate while trying to take our rights away from us , you know little things like free speech and Christianity. 

Ok? Im not arguing for the last administration. Im not defending the last administration. I didn't vote for the last administration.  Im not trying to bring the last administration back. The last administration has zero to do with this conversation 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yes that another great point. The return of our fallen is a awesome achievement, especially if you had family that fought and died in NK.

For the first time there is reason to have hope for the people of NK, and for the several countries NK has threatened to nuke since Clinton gave him the green light and the means to make nukes. To cheer against this, like so many are doing right now is insane. Don't they know how utterly ridiculous they sound?

That's gonna be really really sad preacherman76.  I think he asked for that to be added in the agreement because he said that he had received so many letters in asking him to help them get their family remains back to them. I wonder how many other president s received those letters too.

I've heard them saying  that K.J.U  has about maybe 50 or so years to reign and that he doesn't want to live it out  as  a dictator.  Also  we know where most of his missiles are and whatever else is based there and so when he hands over the whereabouts of it all we'll know if he's being honest  with us right away.

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yup. Research the info , cross reference, but dear god don't dismiss a source without doing so first. 

Ok? Im not arguing for the last administration. Im not defending the last administration. I didn't vote for the last administration.  Im not trying to bring the last administration back. The last administration has zero to do with this conversation 

This is  the 3rd time I'm asking you this , why won't you answer it . 

@ Farmer Do you respect  & uphold the American Constitution &  America's Founding Fathers in  their dream of building a nation, America? 

16 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

This is  the 3rd time I'm asking you this , why won't you answer it . 

I haven't answered it because what you're doing by forcing this question down people's throats is immature jingoism at best and I had hoped that me ignoring it would give you opportunity to discover that truth on your own. 

The answer to your question is of course I do. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skliss said:

You have a history of ignoring anything you can't refute by saying we are all horrible humans who can't possibly know anything so you won't continue the debate or our thinking is so incomprehensible and so evil you are done.

You're literally accusing me of the very thing you yourself are guilty of... :mellow:

This thread has become a big **** show.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This thread ha become a big **** show.

The meeting did happen and now is over.  The rest is just the small talk after the show.

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This thread ha become a big **** show.

Farmer has a way of doing that to any Trump related thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Honestly if it weren't for this administrations complete lack of regard for human rights I would probably be more excited. To give up on caring about those things now though makes me concerned.

You are complaing about Trump's "complete lack of regard for human rights"  but when Trump bombed Assad for using chemical weapons on civilians he tore into him didn't you?

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

Farmer has a way of doing that to any Trump related thread. 

I'd love to discuss the merits of the summit, instead I open the thread to see people screaming about media being the scum of the earth because they disagree with someone. 

• Like 3

You are complaing about Trump's "complete lack of regard for human rights"  but when Trump bombed Assad for using chemical weapons on civilians he tore into him didn't you?

I think tore him into may be a little strong but yeah I was skeptical of the need for us to be involved. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think tore him into may be a little strong but yeah I was skeptical of the need for us to be involved. 

So damned if you do and damned if you don't.  The meeting between Trump and Kim was not intended to cover every subject under the sun, it was to gauge the chances of future negotiations which will cover human rights abuses I am sure.

• Like 1

So damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

In my defense that would likely be true no matter who POTUS was. 

he meeting between Trump and Kim was not intended to cover every subject under the sun, it was to gauge the chances of future negotiations which will cover human rights abuses I am sure.

I think that's probably how it is lining up as well however we do know that this administration has intentionally put human rights on the back burner as it relates to foreign policy so it could end up being ignored. 

I was on record during the campaign as really liking Trump's "have a burger" idea, I think that having a conversation is a good thing.  I do see some validity in the thought process that Kim (and china) got a win from the summit while finding out whether we see any benefit will be a long game. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I'd love to discuss the merits of the summit, instead I open the thread to see people screaming about media being the scum of the earth because they disagree with someone. 

No it’s cause they are the scum of the earth. They as obvious as can be want this to fail. Are trying to make this fail. These people crap on every single thing this man does, while hoping we all forgot the praise they heaped on Obama, often for doing the same thing. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

No it’s cause they are the scum of the earth. They as obvious as can be want this to fail. Are trying to make this fail. These people crap on every single thing this man does, while hoping we all forgot the praise they heaped on Obama, often for doing the same thing. 

So what youre saying is you'll never hear anything negative about Trump again because those who may say it are in your eyes already "scum of the earth" not worth listening to.

That's some scary stuff right there man, a wannabe dictator's wet dream. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

don't dismiss a source without doing so first. 

I thought that was a prerequisite here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

You're literally accusing me of the very thing you yourself are guilty of... :mellow:

Not accusing, pointing out a fact....and I often engage with others here to debate a topic.

39 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

really liking Trump's "have a burger" idea,

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyy! You might be on to something...Kim looks like he enjoys his chow....who knows what we might get if we promise a chain of McDonalds! :tsu:

Edited by skliss
Needed an emoji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1