Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

9 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Last century technology or not, there's no arguing what they're capable of. Aside from a Star Trek style world destroying laser how much more destructive and efficient at killing does a weapon need to be?

Well, as a former member of the military, I would say 100%. It's why we haven't stopped weapons research since then.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, as a former member of the military, I would say 100%. It's why we haven't stopped weapons research since then.

Are you saying that nukes aren't efficient at killing and destruction? 

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

that is irrelevant, part of  MIC that builds nukes, still needs money and need a reason to exit. they still can't make a nuke small enough to fit in a pocket, so they keep researching

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

They are efficient, but not nearly enough.  Aztek kinda hits it on the nose.  A bomb that requires a bomber to deliver compared to something that fits in a pocket. For instance.

Or something that kills all the people but leaves resources behind.  Or something that kills people and doesn't even need a human deliver system.  Nukes really are outdated and messy. 

34 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Or something that kills all the people but leaves resources behind. 

you mean like chemical weapons?

Or something that kills people and doesn't even need a human deliver system.  Nukes really are outdated and messy. 

you mean like biological weapons?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think Trump made a big mistake for doing this, he is giving legitimacy to Kim and getting nothing in return. Kim doesn't need to be kept in the worlds lime light, he hasn't really done anything to deserve it yet. However, he did send Trump a Beautiful Letter, I think their Bromance has gone far enough.

It would've been ab even bigger mistake to leave Dennis Rodman as the SME on Kim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

you mean like chemical weapons?

you mean like biological weapons?

Yup.  Most of that is out of date but I'm sure we are working on more modern versions.  Drone technology, hypersonic and microwave weaponry, things like that.  We won't stop making better ways to kill people and we will happily spend the trillions that we do for it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Now it rather looks like Kim summoned President Trump. to his turf

It in no way looks like that since Trump initiated it. 

And as for the security...there was an ex-secret service guy on that said that place us probably the most secure place on the planet and they are used to dealing with nation to nation security details...it's all in a day's work for them to have security from several countries together in one room at one time.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes I do, that whole situation was completely out of control. They were people running all around Trump, and don't know if you noticed where was his security. The only people around him were North Koreans, and I am certain that wasn't scripted. There obviously no plan and if there was it went out the window.

Completely bogus. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, skliss said:

And as for the security...there was an ex-secret service guy on that said that place us probably the most secure place on the planet and they are used to dealing with nation to nation security details...it's all in a day's work for them to have security from several countries together in one room at one time.

Did I say there was a security risk?  No I did not.  Nobody would dare harm the President of the United States.  Even us never-Trumpers would be ready for a major strike against whatever regime..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Did I say there was a security risk?  No I did not.  Nobody would dare harm the President of the United States.  Even us never-Trumpers would be ready for a major strike against whatever regime..

Sorry, that part was for the people talking above you about the lax security and how our Secret Service wasn't prepared.  Didn't mean it for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, skliss said:

Sorry, that part was for the people talking above you about the lax security and how our Secret Service wasn't prepared.  Didn't mean it for you.

No worries, and you know we would too.  We can criticize and poke fun, but nobody messes with the Pres.  It would be the same as an attack on our country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Completely bogus. 

I don't know what you saw on the news concerning the meeting but here in South Korea, they showed how out of control things were. Maybe they didn't show the same thing on the on American news, but I don't know why they wouldn't.. However there is a number of YouTube videos that show the chaos that went on there. Sorry you feel my comments are bogus, I have no reason to lie about what I saw.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You don't have to worry, all of North Korea will see what happened. I think that the real question is what they will be told happened. I beleive Kim will use this as propaganda and tell his people something to the effect that look what I have done. This guy is coming to see me, I have him right where I want him. I don't think this was in the best interest of America, I think it happened because of Kim's recent visits with China and Russia. In Asia the mind set is different, the weaker always come to see the stronger, not the other way around.

It doesn't matter how it's viewed within DPRK.

Trump has crossed the line the USA agreed not to cross since WW2.

Would Xi or Putin look weak if the just walked in to ROK?

• Thanks 1

What Chubby Kim did was, he made a POTUS do what he knew a POTUS cannot do, and all in the glare of the international media attention... 

~

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Or something that kills all the people but leaves resources behind.  Or something that kills people and doesn't even need a human deliver system.

Or something that attacks only the people you don't like.  A gene linked virus that sterilizes one target population or gives them congestive heart failure or could pacify them enough to take your orders willingly.  All kinds of options open up in the future of weapons research.  Not pleasant to think about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Or something that attacks only the people you don't like.  A gene linked virus that sterilizes one target population or gives them congestive heart failure or could pacify them enough to take your orders willingly.  All kinds of options open up in the future of weapons research.  Not pleasant to think about. 

We already have developed a weapon that is perfect if you just want to kill people. It is called the Neutron Bomb, when detonated it emits very high levels of radiation, that will kill all life under the detonation. The building and all other equipment will not be destroyed after about 600 meters from the detonation, because the weapon is designed to have very little explosive effect. Then within hours to days you can just go in and clean up the bodies, because the radiation created by the bomb dissipates very rapidly. Now to my knowledge we do not have any of these bombs built, so whether or not they exist today is unknown. But we did test and build these weapons in the past, until sometime in the 1980s when these weapons were retired due world and public outcry. However, it is certainly better than the current nuclear weapons, but the best thing is to hope none of these weapons are ever used.

Edited by Manwon Lender

10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't know what you saw on the news concerning the meeting but here in South Korea, they showed how out of control things were. Maybe they didn't show the same thing on the on American news, but I don't know why they wouldn't.. However there is a number of YouTube videos that show the chaos that went on there. Sorry you feel my comments are bogus, I have no reason to lie about what I saw.

I'm not saying you are lieing I'm saying you are misinterpreting and giving no credit to our Secret Service who actually handled everything that came up. Did anything happen to POTUS? The speculation that our Secret Service would be anything but professional because of WHO is President does them a huge disservice and frankly is insulting!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, third_eye said:

What Chubby Kim did was, he made a POTUS do what he knew a POTUS cannot do, and all in the glare of the international media attention... 

~

Kim didn't make Trump DO anything. Trump initiated the whole thing including the meeting place...if anything Trump made Kim scurry to where he was already going to be in order to meet up with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skliss said:

Kim didn't make Trump DO anything. Trump initiated the whole thing including the meeting place...if anything Trump made Kim scurry to where he was already going to be in order to meet up with him. 

You weren't paying attention, Sparky himself said 'it was all unexpected' unless of course he's lying,  Chubby stayed on his side of the line, Sparky stepped over into NK, which technically is a DMZ because, technically, the Koreas are still at war. 

Just curious, let's say you found out your platoon / squad leader spent the night over enemy lines buddying with the enemy, on his own initiative, so to speak, is it the same? 

~

19 minutes ago, skliss said:

I'm not saying you are lieing I'm saying you are misinterpreting and giving no credit to our Secret Service who actually handled everything that came up. Did anything happen to POTUS? The speculation that our Secret Service would be anything but professional because of WHO is President does them a huge disservice and frankly is insulting!

My comments have nothing to do with who is the President, please don't put words in my mouth.  I will give credit where credit is due, but in this case things certainly got out of hand. If your insulted by my comments I am sorry about that, but as far as this situation gos we can agree to disagree. Oh and by the way there really is never any need to be to be rude, when you disagree with someone, and it certainly doesn't make you right.

Thanks for your comments

Edited by Manwon Lender

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

You weren't paying attention, Sparky himself said 'it was all unexpected' unless of course he's lying,  Chubby stayed on his side of the line, Sparky stepped over into NK, which technically is a DMZ because, technically, the Koreas are still at war. 

Just curious, let's say you found out your platoon / squad leader spent the night over enemy lines buddying with the enemy, on his own initiative, so to speak, is it the same? 

~

Did he spend the night? It's such a ridiculous comparison anyway....we've been trying to open communications with NK with every successive administration for eons. Now a POTUS has been able to do so and all we hear is griping. Tell me what was working before? 

Maybe they wouldn't be "technically" at war if there was a bit more diplomacy going on. Did you happen to notice the two Korean leaders giddily smiling at each other? 

I'm not worried so much about appearances as I am interested in results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

My comments have nothing to do with who is the President, please don't put words in my mouth.  I will give credit where credit is due, but in this case things certainly got out of hand. If your insulted by my comments I am sorry about that, but as far as this situation gos we can agree to disagree. Oh and by the way there really is never any need to be to be rude, when you disagree with someone, and it certainly doesn't make you right.

Thanks for your comments

Then who said maybe the Secret Service wasn't doing a good job because of who is President? Maybe it looked out of hand to you but obviously the job was done and everyone walked away just fine with good feelings all around. The speculation that our SS would allow...yes, allow because they have the say...POTUS to be any where he would be less than secure is insulting.  

P.S. No one was rude to you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

Did he spend the night? It's such a ridiculous comparison anyway....we've been trying to open communications with NK with every successive administration for eons. Now a POTUS has been able to do so and all we hear is griping. Tell me what was working before? 

Maybe they wouldn't be "technically" at war if there was a bit more diplomacy going on. Did you happen to notice the two Korean leaders giddily smiling at each other? 

I'm not worried so much about appearances as I am interested in results.

Regardless, still at war, and the hypocrisy just pulled out another set Of The emperor's new robes, like I mentioned earlier, Trump got punk'd , and nobody got the gumption to call it what it is, if you believe there's going to be any results other than the obvious farcical comedy gold mine that it is now, all the best to you and your future undertakings. 

~

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Regardless, still at war, and the hypocrisy just pulled out another set Of The emperor's new robes, like I mentioned earlier, Trump got punk'd , and nobody got the gumption to call it what it is, if you believe there's going to be any results other than the obvious farcical comedy gold mine that it is now, all the best to you and your future undertakings. 

~

Yeah...so your "I hate Trump" filter disallows for the reality of Trump arranging the whole she-bang and the possibility being opened up for diplomatic relations beginning again after being stalled. Got it.

• Like 2