Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

The extraordinary and unexpected opening came through shuttle diplomacy by a South Korean delegation arriving in Washington Thursday. Trump heralded the development as a "major announcement" after speaking with the South Korean president.

"I told President Trump that in our meeting, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he's committed to denuclearization. He pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests," South Korean national security adviser Chung Eui-yong told reporters after meeting with Trump at the White House.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/08/trump-major-announcement-coming-north-korea/408781002/

Wouldn’t that be quite the win for the Trumpster?

• Like 2

It sounds like positive news. But small steps and lots of caution should apply. 

• Like 5

Could be China applying pressure? In any case I am glad. Sitting under the route that a N.K missile would take makes me very nervous. Especially the fact that the missiles are crude and unreliable. Not that it matters because if the U.S went to war with Kim, Canada would be dragged in also. 

Hank

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Could be China applying pressure? In any case I am glad. Sitting under the route that a N.K missile would take makes me very nervous. Especially the fact that the missiles are crude and unreliable. Not that it matters because if the U.S went to war with Kim, Canada would be dragged in also. 

Hank

I have family sitting in Hawaii and Kyoto so It's been a bit of a worry with me too.

• Like 3

"I told President Trump that in our meeting, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he's committed to denuclearization. He pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests,"

Has he pledged this before?

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Wouldn’t that be quite the win for the Trumpster?

I'm going o have to take Farmer off ignore long enough to see what conspiracy he comes up with, ought to be a doozy as the boy has lost it completely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Deflection.  You heard it hear first.  They WILL NOT meet.  This is to take away from the negative press.

10 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Deflection.  You heard it hear first.  They WILL NOT meet.  This is to take away from the negative press.

South Korea broke the news. Not the White House. Be optimistic for a change. A lot of good could come from this.

I don’t know, maybe SK didn’t break the news but still man, glass half full. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Everyone in Seoul is a cool as always, and I am very glad about that.

And indeed, I really hope that China is pulling the plugs here. China will be the key to a peaceful resolution. 

If this is successful, Obama should give his undeserved Peace Prize to Trump. The Democratic propaganda news outlets should eat fried crow with their humble pie. The neocons and warmongers should leave the GOP, and work for some Bolshevik never-Trump magazine publisher. The rest of the world should support all of the people who might further the cause of peace.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Very possible and funny that you greet this with sadness and depression.  LMAO.  Regardless, for the first time in decades they are talking and we haven't pulled  any of the pressure holds we are using to get them to talk but hey, we all knew you and the usual suspects would be negative no matter what happens and therefore your opinions are more worthless every day.  Being wrong ALWAYS tends to erode one's credibility.  Agreed though, give the NPP to Trump Barry, you didn't earn it.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

I have family sitting in Hawaii and Kyoto so It's been a bit of a worry with me too.

I can only imagine what they were feeling when the false alarm went off. My wife and I, being fairly old, decided that we aren't going to run for shelter. We would rather sit on the front porch and wait for the end. No fear, just acceptance. Besides who are we to take shelter spots when there are kids that need it far more than an old codgers like us. I feel blessed because I was and am able to pass on my half century of survival and hunting wisdom to a lot of youngsters. It helps ease the pain of your kids growing up and leaving home. Besides, kids are fun and willing to learn.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

If this is successful, Obama should give his undeserved Peace Prize to Trump. The Democratic propaganda news outlets should eat fried crow with their humble pie. The neocons and warmongers should leave the GOP, and work for some Bolshevik never-Trump magazine publisher. The rest of the world should support all of the people who might further the cause of peace.

Like AO said, Kim may back out, probably will, so what, he made an unprecedented move and obviously he is weakening.  The most interesting thing will be to watch the haters like AO and the media celebrate when Kim backs out.  What does that tell you?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Like AO said, Kim may back out, probably will, so what he made an unprecedented move and obviously he is weakening.  The most interesting thing will be to watch the haters like AO and the media celebrate when Kim backs out.  What does that tell you?

I suppose Nuclear warfare is a better option than Trump  doing something useful in their eyes.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 4

Just now, Merc14 said:

Like AO said, Kim may back out, probably will, so what he made an unprecedented move and obviously he is weakening.  The most interesting thing will be to watch the haters like AO and the media celebrate when Kim backs out.  What does that tell you?

It tells me that my opinion of them was right. They put their grudge before their country.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Very possible and funny that you greet this with sadness and depression.  LMAO.  Regardless, for the first time in decades they are talking and we haven't pulled  any of the pressure holds we are using to get them to talk but hey, we all knew you and the usual suspects would be negative no matter what happens and therefore your opinions are more worthless every day.  Being wrong ALWAYS tends to erode one's credibility.

Who's we. Do you have a club? Just more projectionisms. Are you speaking from personal experience about always being wrong? 

Hank

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I suppose Nuclear warfare is a better option than Trump  doing something useful in their eyes.

I'd hate to see the response but I have to say that many would crow loudly.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

This is..

A. A delaying game.

B. North Korea is really starving and could use some spam and radishes asap.

I betcha Kim Jong Fat Boy ran out of his favorite cheese ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Who's we. Do you have a club? Just more projectionisms. Are you speaking from personal experience about always being wrong? 

Hank

That is the best you can do Hank?   I know, sad day for you, don't be so obvious next time. it makes it too easy.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It's like the Mickey Mouse club here sometimes.

It is going to get worse, take my word for it.  The real S is just now hitting the fan.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Kim will come to the US for the meeting and never go back.

• Like 1