Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
F3SS

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

704 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Paranormal Panther
20 hours ago, Astra. said:

Who knows, but it's quite possible that he may cancel, as having a change of heart concerning these peace talks.

It seems that KJU may have become a little 's-e-n-t-i-m-e-n-t-a-l'  after the NK's and SK's teams united as one due to the winter Olympic games.

Idk, I just find it a bit hard to swallow that such a warmongering regime like this one could change it's spots (so to speak) practically over night. Time will tell I guess. 

There was a promise of economic aid as a carrot. Money talks. It could be that Kim Jong Un is sane enough to realize that his country is in ruins and shambles. A financial infusion might help North Korea get on the right track.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
14 hours ago, bee said:

 

Indeed....

they must have been rushing around from meeting to meeting like headless chickens at the thought of Trump being a part of
uniting and denuclearizing the Korean Peninsular.. 

god forbid that that happen and people start expecting him to get a Nobel Peace Prize.... or even credit......or even a smidgen of praise...

THAT will never do - THAT cannot be allowed to happen

and as usual to hell with the ordinary citizens and the effects on them and their lives...

I think it's safe to say that the ''''propaganda news pundits''''' democratic or otherwise...will be doing all they can to  manage perception
so Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un is wrecked before it starts...

At best, they'll downplay his accomplishments when they aren't able to deny them. Some of them likely are lighting candles and saying prayers in the hopes that Kim rejects Trump. They like a dangerous North Korea more than a respected President Trump. The main question is if they can broadcast any good news through their gnashed teeth.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
On 5/15/2018 at 5:32 PM, Setton said:

Only to those whose heads it goes over. 

Or have you never come across slow clapping before. I imagine you especially must have. 

Maybe you just thought people actually liked what you were saying... 

I'm sure that Merc just lacks the intelligence to appreciate such profound witticisms from British Mensa members. My guess is that he's really a double-digit IQ American (of course) high school girl who knows more about the Kardashians than Kim Jong Un. :rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

To be fair, I don't think they're using it as an excuse. There's just no way in a million Sundays that North Korea will ever give up their nukes. It's literally the only reason anyone is even taking them seriously. Without them, they'd revert right back to how they were before, in the eyes of the international community. 

Kim will just look at the likes of Libya, Ukraine and now Iran and probably laugh at the stupidity of Bolton. 

They were never going to get rid of their nukes. Anyone who believes or claims otherwise is an idiot.

Doesn't it make sense then, that they may avoid these peace talks by finding any excuse they can, so as to not be pressured to give up their nukes ?....basically, if little rocket man doesn't go ahead with these peace talks in June...then he was obviously blowing hot air out of his backside by telling Mr Trump and indeed the world that he was prepared to rid his country of nuclear weapons.

Personally, I hope that these talks do go through. Unfortunately tho, I just don't have much faith (if any at all) in Kim Jong-un and his regime. Again, time will tell.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
37 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

There was a promise of economic aid as a carrot. Money talks. It could be that Kim Jong Un is sane enough to realize that his country is in ruins and shambles. A financial infusion might help North Korea get on the right track.

That makes perfect sense. I hope you are right. I guess we'll see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 minute ago, Astra. said:

then he was obviously blowing hot air out of his backside by telling Mr Trump and indeed the world that he was prepared to rid his country of nuclear weapons

He has never said this. It was Trump who made this false claim. Their nuclear site collapsed, which is the only reason for the halt in production.

NK know that the only way they will become and stay a political player is by having nukes. If they give up their nukes or their program then they'll be betrayed. They'll have no leverage. Like the countries I mentioned previously.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
36 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

They like a dangerous North Korea more than a respected President Trump. The main question is if they can broadcast any good news through their gnashed teeth

Both Bush and Obama tried to bring NK to the table. It didn't happen because they both had the pre-condition that NK end their nuclear program before any serious talks were to take place. The only way Trump will be successful is if he removes that condition or accepts that they'll never end their program.

Personally I'd be fine with that, if it meant NK and South finally moving forward, but I've yet to encounter any American who is okay with a nuclear NK.

People seem to be singing praises a bit prematurely here, by the looks of things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Both Bush and Obama tried to bring NK to the table. It didn't happen because they both had the pre-condition that NK end their nuclear program before any serious talks were to take place. The only way Trump will be successful is if he removes that condition or accepts that they'll never end their program.

Personally I'd be fine with that, if it meant NK and South finally moving forward, but I've yet to encounter any American who is okay with a nuclear NK.

People seem to be singing praises a bit prematurely here, by the looks of things.

That may be true, but they were more premature with their praise of Obama. Saint Barack got the Nobel Peace Prize *before* he did one thing to deserve it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He has never said this.

Well from what I had gathered, he certainly gave the impression that he was willing to end his nuclear programme. He also seemed willing to have peace talks with the US after a date and the place of the meeting had been set. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

Who thinks that North Korea only has one mountain to use for testing?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I'm sure that Merc just lacks the intelligence to appreciate such profound witticisms from British Mensa members. My guess is that he's really a double-digit IQ American (of course) high school girl who knows more about the Kardashians than Kim Jong Un. :rolleyes:

Yes, EMM  and you are a real brain trust.  :rolleyes: EMM hasn't gotten anything correct since he joined this thread and you are just a person who doesn't like to be challenged in their beliefs.  If he has then please point it out?  Thanks, though, for letting me know where you stand, polite conversation can now end :tu:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe

I haven't read the whole thread, but, I knew there woukd be a hiccup or stall in talks when I saw a headline that basically called Trump a hero for peace with NK.  You cannot have a megalomaniac like Kim Jong Un being shunted off and have Trump with all the limelight. :no:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That may be true, but they were more premature with their praise of Obama. Saint Barack got the Nobel Peace Prize *before* he did one thing to deserve it.

Precisely, that's why Nobel Peace Prize's shouldn't be handed out like 'participation awards'.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

EMM hasn't gotten anything correct since he joined this thread....

You mean that he's never patted you on the back or implicitly agreed to what you say?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
50 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but, I knew there woukd be a hiccup or stall in talks when I saw a headline that basically called Trump a hero for peace with NK.  You cannot have a megalomaniac like Kim Jong Un being shunted off and have Trump with all the limelight. :no:

Megalomaniacs do tend to skitter toward the spot light, unlike cockroaches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

You mean that he's never patted you on the back or implicitly agreed to what you say?

No, I mean he has been wrong about everything has has claimed.  Very simple.  This will not be a one meeting thing, it will go on for, most likely, years but it is at least moving forwards.  The fact that he collapsed his nuclear testing mountain helps Trump as that is a catastrophe in the making but the hatred EMM holds blinds him to what is going on. 

Why would I want a pat on the back?  What a bizarre statement to make!   I am merely posting news here and my thoughts, does that anger you?  Isn't that what this thread is for? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
3 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Why would I want a pat on the back?  What a bizarre statement to make!   I am merely posting news here and my thoughts, does that anger you?  Isn't that what this thread is for? 

Truly, that is what a discussion forum is for. In my opinion, you take this far too personally. You seem to take an anti-Trump comment as a personal attack.

Disregard that as you will, as I'm sure you will.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crookedspiral
12 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Everything is going according to plan. Pay no attention to the sensationalist papers praying that the talks fall through.

Posted yesterday:

76e6c0e964a012622524ef67a1b6f56eb485fc68

Kim threatened to cancel the talks after US and South Korean military conducted air drills near his turf. He saw that as a sign of aggression and now he's putting on a strong man show. Kim doesn't want to be seen as weak - probably his biggest fear in life. This is just posturing. If Trump can draw Kim from threats of war to shaking hands and walking with South Korea's President, I'm sure he can close the deal. The hard part is already over.

 

Here we go, a Trump fan quoting CNN, the Fake News channel as evidence. How ironic!

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
6 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That may be true, but they were more premature with their praise of Obama. Saint Barack got the Nobel Peace Prize *before* he did one thing to deserve it.

 

I've just figured that one out.....  a couple of minutes ago :D

they had to give him the Nobel Peace Prize BEFORE his administration got stuck in to some serious warmongering, death and destruction -

I think  it must have been part of setting up his legacy for history as he seems to be the Globalist's Golden Boy...

and there was also that weird white / blue spiral thing in the sky of Norway just a day (hours?) before he accepted the Prize...

(perhaps that was also part of the Barack Obama Myth Making Department  :blink: )  

video link - spiral

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
7 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That may be true, but they were more premature with their praise of Obama. Saint Barack got the Nobel Peace Prize *before* he did one thing to deserve it.

I agree that giving him the Nobel was ludicrous, but, if you look at the history of the award, it was far from unprecedented. They try to give it to people to guilt them into acting a certain way, not because they are praising them. They thought Obama was an easy mark, due to the way he ran his campaign. They were very, very wrong.

There's context to everything.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Yes, EMM  and you are a real brain trust.  :rolleyes: EMM hasn't gotten anything correct since he joined this thread and you are just a person who doesn't like to be challenged in their beliefs.  If he has then please point it out?  Thanks, though, for letting me know where you stand, polite conversation can now end :tu:

Uh, what? You drunk again, Merc? That wasn't me you quoted. Seriously, either you are more often than not drunk, or you have a brain tumor or something. You regularly make glaring mistakes like this.

Seek help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

No, I mean he has been wrong about everything has has claimed.  Very simple.  This will not be a one meeting thing, it will go on for, most likely, years but it is at least moving forwards.  The fact that he collapsed his nuclear testing mountain helps Trump as that is a catastrophe in the making but the hatred EMM holds blinds him to what is going on. 

Why would I want a pat on the back?  What a bizarre statement to make!   I am merely posting news here and my thoughts, does that anger you?  Isn't that what this thread is for? 

How would you even know what I've claimed? You just quoted Paranormal Panther thinking it was me. That's space cadet material. And you do stuff like that all the time, while calling other people the equivalent of stupid.

Alhough, PP and I do both have pinkish avatars - and everyone knows that all pink people look alike :blink:

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee

 

Now then now then - I think we need a Peace Summit in this thread....

we don't want to end up like the Scousers do we.... DO WE.... ^_^

 

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
22 hours ago, bee said:

 

I agree with the bolded above...

I don't think that most people are seeing Kim Jong Un through rose coloured glasses but anyone who claims to care about the
ordinary people in North Korea caught up in one of the biggest dramas of modern politics... must surely be prepared to
give him some slack as a tricky situation is in progress.... ?

Everything we know about Kim Jong Un and North Korea comes to us second hand and through the filter of the media that
basically can't be trusted.... so we have to be wary of the over all narrative being fed to us...

IMO :) 

 

 

It's difficult to even imagine the level of hateful cynicism it must take for anyone to hope AGAINST a plan that might end up saving millions of lives.  It just boggles the rational mind...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.