Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recurring Dream

Kaylee Chadd

I have never done this before so I am not sure if I am in the right place. 

My whole life (even as a child) I always complained about seeing a dark, tall figure standing in the doorway of my bedroom at night. About 2 years ago my husband and I notices bruises and marks on my body that were not visable before I went to bed. Over the past 5 months or so I have been having a recurring dream of being woke up by being pulled quickly out of my bed and out of my bedroom. While this is happening I am so scared because i cannot see what is pulling me from my bed so quickly but I can feel a tight grip around my ankle. While I am being pulled from my bedroom I can see my husband sit up in bed and whatch me being pulled but I cannot see his face. It is just black. What does this mean? It is scaring the crap out of me....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phaeton80

• I'mConvinced

• Kaylee Chadd

Popular Days

Sounds like you are suffering a form of sleep paralysis:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-paralysis/

Symptoms of sleep paralysis

The main symptom of sleep paralysis is being completely aware of your surroundings but temporarily being unable to move or talk.

This usually occurs as you're waking up, but can happen when falling asleep.

During an episode of sleep paralysis you may:

• find it difficult to take deep breaths, as if your chest is being crushed or restricted
  • be able to move your eyes – some people can also open their eyes but others find they can't
  • have a sensation that there's someone or something in the room with you (hallucination) – many people feel this presence wishes to harm them
  • feel very frightened

The length of an episode can vary from a few seconds to several minutes.

5 hours ago, Kaylee Chadd said:

I have never done this before so I am not sure if I am in the right place. 

My whole life (even as a child) I always complained about seeing a dark, tall figure standing in the doorway of my bedroom at night. About 2 years ago my husband and I notices bruises and marks on my body that were not visable before I went to bed. Over the past 5 months or so I have been having a recurring dream of being woke up by being pulled quickly out of my bed and out of my bedroom. While this is happening I am so scared because i cannot see what is pulling me from my bed so quickly but I can feel a tight grip around my ankle. While I am being pulled from my bedroom I can see my husband sit up in bed and whatch me being pulled but I cannot see his face. It is just black. What does this mean? It is scaring the crap out of me....

Set up a camera, see what you find. Just in case, if only to rule things out.

• Like 1