Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will get the military parade he want's

Unusual Tournament

Just now, Farmer77 said:

That was a reference to the pattern which all dying empires have of spending gobs of money to try and reclaim their once lost glory. 

Over dramatic? Possibly but we do seem to be following that pattern 

all empire rise just so they can fall this is a fact. you think that having a military parade is a prelude to the collapse of the American empire? possibly. mess with free trade and NATO and you just might be right. but that has nothing to do with a military parade.  

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

With Trump, there is no such thing as over dramatic. 

Hank

granted. but cause Trump is a drama queen it doesn't mean that all is ideas have no merit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

all empire rise just so they can fall this is a fact. you think that having a military parade is a prelude to the collapse of the American empire? possibly. mess with free trade and NATO and you just might be right. but that has nothing to do with a military parade.  

Well in a vacuum of course its not, but it is IMO, a symptom of the overall sickness which is infecting America.

Just to be clear Trump is also a symptom of that overall sickness, I'm not laying all that blame at his feet at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well in a vacuum of course its not, but it is IMO, a symptom of the overall sickness which is infecting America.

Just to be clear Trump is also a symptom of that overall sickness, I'm not laying all that blame at his feet at all. 

see your point. personally i think Trump is a dofus. and if the people voted him in then they aren't far off being the same either. maybe the next president will be different. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

see your point. personally i think Trump is a dofus. and if the people voted him in then they aren't far off being the same either.

I've heard it on good authority that at least 60% of them are deplorable. :unsure2: 

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

What he ought to have done is like the Romans did in the old days, parading captives through the streets of Rome, or in this case Noo Yoik, in chains, and ceremonially execute their leader (the captives' leader, that is) at the end of the parade, while the Emperor sits on his golden throne, fanned by eunuchs, and drawn by hundreds of enemy prisoners. Who are then executed and given to the masses to enjoy at a ceremonial banquet.

The only trouble is of course that there don't seem to be many enemy captives to parade. This might have something to do with the U.S.' habit of allowing terrorists to escape when they're surrounded, so that they can fight the government of the country we're actually trying to overthrow while maintaining the pretense of fighting terrorists. Still, I can't wait for the day when they parade Bashar al Assad, the Butcher of Damascus, through the streets in chains. ^_^

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

granted. but cause Trump is a drama queen it doesn't mean that all is ideas have no merit. 

Well, to that I'd have to do some research on his past ideas . *heads to the googles and comes back* Nope, not one good decision with merit. The man is a natural or national disaster waiting to happen. 

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

What he ought to have done is like the Romans did in the old days, parading captives through the streets of Rome, or in this case Noo Yoik, in chains, and ceremonially execute their leader (the captives' leader, that is) at the end of the parade, while the Emperor sits on his golden throne drawn by hundreds of enemy prisoners. Who are then executed and given to the masses to enjoy at a ceremonial banquet.

The only trouble is of course that there don't seem to be many enemy captives to parade. This might have something to do with the U.S.' habit of allowing terrorists to escape when they're surrounded, so that they can fight the government of the country we're actually trying to overthrow while maintaining the pretense of fighting terrorists. Still, I can't wait for the day when they parade Bashar al Assad, the Butcher of Damascus, through the streets in chains. ^_^

i think you're confusing a military triumph with a military parade. mind you didn't the U.S. have one of those in New York after GW1? now that would have been a good time to publicly execute Saddam instead of giving him another bit at the cheery.

there are heaps of enemies to parade... rocket man, Assad, Jeff Sessions, Hillary Clinton all could just as easily water central park with their blood. just joking about Clinton and Sessions. 

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, to that I'd have to do some research on his past ideas . *heads to the googles and comes back* Nope, not one good decision with merit. The man is a natural or national disaster waiting to happen. 

Hank

the wall was a bad idea, but i quite like this idea. a military parade from a real superpower. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

the wall was a bad idea, but i quite like this idea. a military parade from a real superpower. 

I'm sure it will be spendifficly stupendous for 30 mil. To be perfectly honest, I'm a little jealous. If Canada had one, 10 Rangers in a pick up truck with a couple of snowmobiles in tow would be about it. Okay, not quite that bad, but still.:lol:

Hank

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

What he ought to have done is like the Romans did in the old days, parading captives through the streets of Rome, or in this case Noo Yoik, in chains, and ceremonially execute their leader (the captives' leader, that is) at the end of the parade, while the Emperor sits on his golden throne, fanned by eunuchs, and drawn by hundreds of enemy prisoners. Who are then executed and given to the masses to enjoy at a ceremonial banquet.

This x10.

Hank

12 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Imagine it's your day off work, and it's your birthday.  Your boss calls you and tells you that you have to come in for your B-day party, oh, and also to bake a cake and bring it with you.  When you are in the military, the most valuable thing you have is YOUR time.  Your days off mean everything, because you know at any given time, you could be leaving your family for a year.  You think standing on a sidewalk drinking a beer and cheering as Soldier's have to march by you on their day off is celebrating the military?  It's not.  It's just not.

very true and I have had it happen outside the military, as well as inside. standing there chearing , or being watched march by, is better than fighting a loosing war and maybe getting killed because some over blown bloated whale in DC will not listen to you or keep you supplied. Please don't get me started on 'politicians vs the military' I might goof and say something that gets someone in charge here mad at me.

4 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

The definition of enemy is somewhat fluid, keep this imagery in mind while listening to Trump talk about immigration and executing drug dealers. 

Edited by Farmer77

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

That was a reference to the pattern which all dying empires have of spending gobs of money to try and reclaim their once lost glory. 

Over dramatic? Possibly but we do seem to be following that pattern 

Seven steps in the life cycles of great powers

Glubb Pasha learned that different empires had similar cultural changes while experiencing a life cycle in a series of stages that could overlap. He generalized about empires having seven stages of development, identifying these successive ages as follows:

1. The age of outburst (or pioneers).
2. The age of conquests.
3. The age of commerce.
4. The age of affluence.
5. The age of intellect.
6. The age of decadence.
7. The age of decline and collapse.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

as the son of a war vet and Xmilitary  myself, I agree. but I do not believe it will ever happen and being as there is not a (unprintable) thing I can do to stop it I will say it again. have some pride in the military.

Well, in my opinion supporting the present military, her wars and policy - treatment of her conscripts, equals a strong disservice to not only the men and women which serve within her ranks, but the USA as a nation. She is being used by crony elite for their own personal gain, not to defend the Homeland, not in the interests of the American taxpayer (quite the opposite). To blindly support such an organisation, no matter what policy she is fomenting, or goals she is used to attain, seems a bit self defeating. Literally. Because you could in fact be supporting illegal wars that are not in the interests of The People, supporting the unnecessary deaths of thousands of Americans, and the unnecessary spending of billions of American's taxpayer money. Which, in fact, I think is exactly the case.

Would be interesting to see how fast these 'Samaritan wars' would cease if and when those that lead your nation into them would be obliged to send their sons & daughters to the frontline from the very getgo. There seems to be some romantic delusion at play here, where US soldiers are regarded as 'defending the Homeland with their lives'. Nothing could be further from the truth, imho.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

There seems to be some romantic delusion at play here, where US soldiers are regarded as 'defending the Homeland with their lives'. Nothing could be further from the truth, imho.

I find myself walking a fine line in this discussion. I agree with you wholeheartedly no one fighting in the US military is doing so for my freedom right now , period end of discussion. 

However the rank and file don't have a say over where they go and who they fight,  and they are there and willing to sacrifice their lives for my wellbeing and for that the individual  deserves my gratitude, even if I don't agree with what the organization as a whole is doing. 

Finding the balance among that nuance is really difficult in todays hot take black/white us vs them world. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Imagine it's your day off work, and it's your birthday.  Your boss calls you and tells you that you have to come in for your B-day party, oh, and also to bake a cake and bring it with you.  When you are in the military, the most valuable thing you have is YOUR time.  Your days off mean everything, because you know at any given time, you could be leaving your family for a year.  You think standing on a sidewalk drinking a beer and cheering as Soldier's have to march by you on their day off is celebrating the military?  It's not.  It's just not.

I understand your pov.  A little over the top...a little...in my perspective...but it is a good point.  I have a different problem with it.  We all have pride in our country...we just do..most of us.  We take pride in our work, families, etc.  And when we are threatened...as in 911...we all come together...that's why we are known as The Sleeping Giant!  We don't really wear our patriotism on our sleeves...but it is there...it is deep and we don't really need a huge military parade to express that.

The problem I have is...I think it is totally unnecessary and creates potential for disaster...putting our military at risk in ways it shouldn't.  A Parade of any kind is a Terrorist Target.  A Military Parade would be a huge Terrorist Target!  We already have military parades....we have them every day on bases around the country.   Freshly graduated from basic training...they all strut their stuff in unison of step before their peers and commanders.   Any veteran knows what I'm talking about.   But...all that strutting your stuff...we quickly lose sight of Marching...after basic training because we are involved in our jobs within the military.  A parade is just a bad idea for a host of reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I find myself walking a fine line in this discussion. I agree with you wholeheartedly no one fighting in the US military is doing so for my freedom right now , period end of discussion. 

However the rank and file don't have a say over where they go and who they fight,  and they are there and willing to sacrifice their lives for my wellbeing and for that the individual  deserves my gratitude, even if I don't agree with what the organization as a whole is doing. 

Finding the balance among that nuance is really difficult in todays hot take black/white us vs them world. 

Good point. The individuals deserve your gratitude for their sacrifice. But if they deserve your gratitude for their willingness to sacrifice their lives for your wellbeing.. What are you going to do for their wellbeing? Are you just going to show your gratitude, or are you also raging against the folly of these wars, the policy makers, the structural mistreatment of vets? Its a double sided coin, and to only take note of one side while ignoring the other is just deluding yourself. A 'blue pil' kinda deal. When I say 'you' here, it is meant in a general sense, not you personally (because I know you rage against the criminals that send American sons & daughters to their deaths for their own interests).

• Like 1

The idea of parading tanks and missiles through the streets sounds way too Stalin-esque for me. I sent an email to Whitehouse.gov to voice my displeasure. I’d much prefer to honor our Military with pay raises instead of parades.

FTR - As a Union member I strongly support Pres. Trump’s business-friendly economy, and I admire his eccentric edge-of-the-knife diplomacy, but there are times when he needs to ratchet back his showmanship tendencies. I consider a tanks-and-missiles parade to be showmanship that could be misinterpreted by our enemies as a schoolyard dare to fight.

• 2 weeks later...

A parade? GOODY? I'm totally in favor of it.

Tanks that damage the road? Just an opportunity to repave the roads and improve them. Creating jobs. Stimulus.

IMHO, we should invite other nations to participate also. Canada, Mexico, Caribbean nations, the UK.....

On 3/13/2018 at 0:48 AM, simplybill said:

As a Union member I strongly support Pres. Trump’s business-friendly economy,

"abolish all regulations pertaining to, for example, safety and environmental legislation if it might get in the way of allowing Gigantic American Corporations to Make as Much Money as Possible", would that be the policy?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

"abolish all regulations pertaining to, for example, safety and environmental legislation if it might get in the way of allowing Gigantic American Corporations to Make as Much Money as Possible", would that be the policy?

EXCELLENT plan, Vlad. I like your style :)

In light of the recent events in Salisbury, perhaps we could persuade President Trump to hold the parade in Red Square ? :D 

30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

EXCELLENT plan, Vlad. I like your style :)

In light of the recent events in Salisbury, perhaps we could persuade President Trump to hold the parade in Red Square ? :D 

As a congratulatory parade for Putin's re-election? 

10 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I don't expect that the changes will be that lopsided. My hope is that corporations and small businesses will benefit from a business-friendly economy that produces more jobs and more financial security for the labor force.

I don't view corporations as evil entities. On the contrary, efficiently-run corporations are a positive benefit to the labor force. I say that from the point of view of having worked for a bankrupt company at one time. The constant lack of job security was a bit unnerving.

What's disconcerting to me is that in the last two Presidential elections, less than 60% of the eligible voters actually voted. I expect that voter participation will increase in the 2020 election.