Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gobekli Tepe's bone plaque

kborissov

4 hours ago, Geomaniac said:

Maybe they are hash marks recording numbers or totals.

I thought about that too but nothing was found on the T pillars, no residue of paint, etc...  

• Like 1

The bone plaque comes from an occupation site at least 5,500 years older than the Great Pyramid. There is not and can be no connection.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

The bone plaque comes from an occupation site at least 5,500 years older than the Great Pyramid. There is not and can be no connection.

Well, you know, not to feeble minds as we humans have. Are there any ham-centered carvings at GT? Perhaps bone relics?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

On 3/10/2018 at 3:17 PM, FLOMBIE said:

I found this image:

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/plaque.htm

And it does look like a pictorial representation of Göbekli Tepe.

In the same way Constable's Haywain looks like the London Skyline .....

IMO

• Like 1

I saw posts about hands, trees, and writing... Cannot agree with any of those.

1) This is already excepted by both camps that those are T pillars. So, no hands and no trees

2) It cannot be paint as no paint residue was ever found on the T pillars

What else?

On 3/13/2018 at 11:12 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Yes, that is what is in the books but more theories there that suggest the pyramid constructed around 10500 BC. If you disagree, I would be glad to read your arguments (better in bullet points)

2 minutes ago, kborissov said:

Yes, that is what is in the books but more theories there that suggest the pyramid constructed around 10500 BC. If you disagree, I would be glad to read your arguments (better in bullet points)

God forbid you take the time and effort to use the search function and read material posted /at least/ a dozen times here.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kborissov said:

You could at least do a little research rather than relying people such as I to spoon feed you, but okay.

•  The 10,000 BCE figure exists only in the world of the fringe. It isn't supported by real-world research and is not accepted in the real world.
  • The two rounds of extensive carbon dating of the pyramids show that conventional dates have always been correct. It is possible on these grounds that the Great Pyramid is about 100 to 150 years older than thought, but certainly not thousands of years older. If you disagree, you must directly challenge the scientific study and results. Just pretending they're wrong would be an epic fail.
  • There is no archaeological evidence that anything at all existed in that area of the Plateau before Dynasty 4—just some tombs at the opposite end of the Plateau that are Early Dynastic.
  • The entire area if a vast necropolis used throughout Dynasty 4.
  • The Great Pyramid itself falls neatly within the evolution of royal tomb building in the Old Kingdom. It's really big, of course, but hardly unique. Observe the proper context. There are over 100 pyramids, big and small, so why do fringies treat the Great Pyramid like it's the only thing in Egypt? It held little focus or importance beyond Dynasty 4.
  • The entire burial ground is filled with tombs that specifically mention Khufu: family to the east, officials and noblemen to the west,
  • Finally, the relieving chambers in the Great Pyramid mention Khufu by name quite a few times, and these chambers had been sealed all the way until the early 1800s.

These are the sorts of things you have to address and challenge, although I doubt you're equipped to because you don't appear to know the history too well. But please go ahead, prove me wrong.

• Like 6

On 3/14/2018 at 3:34 PM, jaylemurph said:

Well, you know, not to feeble minds as we humans have. Are there any ham-centered carvings at GT? Perhaps bone relics?

--Jaylemurph

ahhh... to be or not to be. 

On 3/19/2018 at 10:04 PM, kmt_sesh said:

You could at least do a little research rather than relying people such as I to spoon feed you, but okay.

•  The 10,000 BCE figure exists only in the world of the fringe. It isn't supported by real-world research and is not accepted in the real world.

I can give you 10 reasons from the top of my head, why a theory would not be accepted by the real world and all those have nothing to do with if the theory is correct or wrong. I am not that naive.

• The two rounds of extensive carbon dating of the pyramids show that conventional dates have always been correct. It is possible on these grounds that the Great Pyramid is about 100 to 150 years older than thought, but certainly not thousands of years older. If you disagree, you must directly challenge the scientific study and results. Just pretending they're wrong would be an epic fail.

Need proof that samples are from the time the pyramid was constructed and not from the time Khufu had a slumber party.

• There is no archaeological evidence that anything at all existed in that area of the Plateau before Dynasty 4—just some tombs at the opposite end of the Plateau that are Early Dynastic.

Any evidence that nothing was there INCLUDING the pyramids? 

• The entire area if a vast necropolis used throughout Dynasty 4.

Makes sense If the pyramids were already there, AEs would bury the deads to be closer to the gods.

• The Great Pyramid itself falls neatly within the evolution of royal tomb building in the Old Kingdom. It's really big, of course, but hardly unique. Observe the proper context. There are over 100 pyramids, big and small, so why do fringies treat the Great Pyramid like it's the only thing in Egypt? It held little focus or importance beyond Dynasty 4.

Not sure about other people. I know why I interested in the GP.

• The entire burial ground is filled with tombs that specifically mention Khufu: family to the east, officials and noblemen to the west,

Okey.

• Finally, the relieving chambers in the Great Pyramid mention Khufu by name quite a few times, and these chambers had been sealed all the way until the early 1800s.

Need proof that they built the GP and not just did some cosmetic work.

These are the sorts of things you have to address and challenge, although I doubt you're equipped to because you don't appear to know the history too well. But please go ahead, prove me wrong.

Cheap shots. 

15 minutes ago, kborissov said:

I can give you 10 reasons from the top of my head, why a theory would not be accepted by the real world and all those have nothing to do with if the theory is correct or wrong. I am not that naive.

Need proof that samples are from the time the pyramid was constructed and not from the time Khufu had a slumber party.

Makes sense If the pyramids were already there, AEs would bury the deads to be closer to the gods.

Okey.

Cheap shots. 

They didn't do any cosmetic work in the relieving chambers, that would require taking the majority of the GP apart which according to fringies they couldn't do to begin with. There were also no civilizations in AE predating the Egyptians who could have built the GP. 

cormac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

They didn't do any cosmetic work in the relieving chambers, that would require taking the majority of the GP apart which according to fringies they couldn't do to begin with. There were also no civilizations in AE predating the Egyptians who could have built the GP. 

cormac

Well, there was one. But they figured it was better to nap and let the AEs do the har bits. 

Sadly, the AEs made a right hash of it, giving perhaps the first instance in history of "If you want something done right..."

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/22/2018 at 5:46 PM, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

are you also going to comment on other points in my post?

On 3/22/2018 at 5:29 PM, kborissov said:

Okey.

Cheap shots. 

kmt_sesh, please reply on my reply...

27 minutes ago, kborissov said:

are you also going to comment on other points in my post?

Why, you’re pretty much irrelevant to a discussion of Ancient Egypt and I’m not obligated to you for anything? 

cormac

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Why, you’re pretty much irrelevant to a discussion of Ancient Egypt and I’m not obligated to you for anything? 

cormac

yes, I think I may agree with that (at least partially). Not to Ancient Egypt. As I mentioned I do not think they built GP. If you disagree, let me know... 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:46 PM, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Now reading your post, Why no inscriptions in the other two Giza pyramids? 

5 minutes ago, kborissov said:

yes, I think I may agree with that (at least partially). Not to Ancient Egypt. As I mentioned I do not think they built GP. If you disagree, let me know... 

I personally don’t care what you think. The samples tested from the GP both times were taken from mortar from areas inaccessible for Khufu’s builders to have taken it apart for renovation if they couldn’t have built it to begin with. The Diary of Merrer also shows that his gangs were responsible for the Tura limestone placed on the GP. Also the GP was built on and over a massif/hillock to begin with so whatever “may” have existed prior to the GP’s construction wouldn’t have been very large anyway. Lastly no evidence exists in Africa, including Egypt, nor close neighboring areas,  of a Culture or civilization of sufficient size and technological capability to have constructed the GP. 

cormac

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kborissov said:

Now reading your post, Why no inscriptions in the other two Giza pyramids? 

Why should there be, the layout for the other two wasn’t the same? Also, why are they obligated to meet your expectations for approval? 

cormac

• Like 3

On 3/10/2018 at 6:01 PM, kborissov said:

Below is a fragment of the bone plaque found at the Gobekli Tepe site which shows the T shape pillars. It also shows four strips etched on the surface per pillar. None of the megalith pillars found at the site has these strip carvings. So, the natural question is why the GT people carved those on this artifact? 

In my opinion the strips represent the trail of lights falling on the megalith pillars night time which GT people carved on this artifact. The trail of lights was created by the Great Pyramid and had total four colors (read my other thread for details) but I would like to hear your opinion what you think these strips may represent. 

Thanks 

BqxpF2Z.png

What does the Great Pyramid have to do with this stuff????

• Like 2

I'll wager there was more tooth plaque than bone plaque in both locations.

Harte

• Like 1

On 23/03/2018 at 7:29 AM, kborissov said:

I can give you 10 reasons from the top of my head, why a theory would not be accepted by the real world

Go on then.

Well, there are LIDAR scans of the area that show only the Giza Complex.

Well, sure. Especially if you’re the dudes who built thr complex.

Do tell.

Okey.

Because if, for some reason, they were older they’d be mentioned in the historical record from those periods

• Like 1