Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living in a massive level haunting for 9month

HerbalJaguar

On 3/26/2018 at 9:28 AM, papageorge1 said:

So you believe in intelligent voices without physical form creating them. Interesting.

The existence of intelligent voices producing words from a non-physical source would be revolutionary to our scientific understanding of the universe. Seems important to me. Not to mention absolutely fascinating. I say have at it @HerbalJaguar

I didn't say what I thought made them. 

I said you can get crazy EVPs.

I think people manifest the phenomena, and we have discussed this.

It doesn't really matter what actually makes it happen, though...only that it isn't good for people to immerse themselves in it. 

It should just be banished. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I didn't say what I thought made them. 

I said you can get crazy EVPs.

I think people manifest the phenomena, and we have discussed this.

It doesn't really matter what actually makes it happen, though...only that it isn't good for people to immerse themselves in it. 

It should just be banished. 

You might be right about not messing with the stuff BUT I am still right about it being fascinating and scientifically revolutionary.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

You might be right about not messing with the stuff BUT I am still right about it being fascinating and scientifically revolutionary.

I didn't realize we were in a struggle about who was right. 

You can be right that it's fascinating. 

Deadly snakes are fascinating, too, but we avoid handling them. Most of us, anyway. 

I don't expect science to get in on this. It's too unpredictable and there is much difficulty replicating any of it. 

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You might be right about not messing with the stuff BUT I believe that I am still right about it being fascinating and scientifically revolutionary.

Just added the bold and underlined bit as to make your 100% subjective post more accurate. 

If you’re really convinced that you are right, it’s a bit telling. 

14 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Just added the bold and underlined bit as to make your 100% subjective post more accurate. 

If you’re really convinced that you are right, it’s a bit telling. 

Maybe you misunderstood. I think the subject of EVPs is fascinating. Of course fascination is relative to an observer.  And the person I was responding to believes in tke reality of the phenomena but not in its importance if you go back and check. I found that view strange as one interested in science.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe you misunderstood. I think the subject of EVPs is fascinating. Of course fascination is relative to an observer.  And the person I was responding to believes in tke reality of the phenomena but not in its importance if you go back and check. I found that view strange as one interested in science.

I did read the earlier posts and I understood.

Yes fascinating to some in the sense that it is fascinating how the human mind works (not that EVP’s are in any way a real thing, in a paranormal sense), but in no way do I think that it is scientifically revolutionary. 

What is scientifically revolutionary about it?

7 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

I did read the earlier posts and I understood.

Yes fascinating to some in the sense that it is fascinating how the human mind works (not that EVP’s are in any way a real thing, in a paranormal sense), but in no way do I think that it is scientifically revolutionary. 

What is scientifically revolutionary about it?

Well, I believe I have heard enough stories and EVPs that do not have any satisfyingly believable inside the current box of science explanation. Any explanation of intelligent voices without a physical plane source would be revolutionary to science, right?

Edited by papageorge1

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I believe I have heard enough stories and EVPs that do not have any satisfyingly believable inside the current box of science explanation. Any explanation of intelligent voices without a physical plane source would be revolutionary to science, right?

Yes that would be revolutionary to science.

But unfortunately for EVP, science doesn’t rely on stories and subjective opinions of questionable audio.