Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants new authority over polling places

Farmer77

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

considering we have a voter ID law.

Not all states or counties have voter ID laws. We are one of the most backward countries, in the west, when it comes to voter ID laws. Some states or counties in the US let you bring in a utility bill to prove where you live, therefore making you eligible to vote. Others are actively fighting for illegal immigrant's right to vote.

I'm positive this has all been covered before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

Not all states or counties have voter ID laws. We are one of the most backward countries, in the west, when it comes to voter ID laws. Some states or counties in the US let you bring in a utility bill to prove where you live, therefore making you eligible to vote. Others are actively fighting for illegal immigrant's right to vote.

I'm positive this has all been covered before.

We just got the voter ID law here in Iowa.  The 23 convictions was in a five year period that we didn't have it.  We did a two year long investigation to try and justify it and that is all they came up with. 

People like this gal: https://www.aclu.org/cases/griffin-v-pate

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm well aware of what a libertarian is, can't say ive ever heard of one cheering federal agents being placed in the public arena before today. 

We agree on that. As evidenced by the massive failure of Trump's "Desperately search for voter fraud to prove I'm popular" commission it really appears the vast majority of Americans do as well. 

That's the point , this is unnecessary, and again someone running in an election should not be sending armed men to polling places. That's simply insane. Even if you trust the current POTUS the next one will have this power too. 

That someone running in an election should not be sending armed men to polling places just seems like a basic American value we should all be able to agree on.

The failure isn't on Trumps part. We are being failed by people who want to hide the fact millions of illegals vote in our elections. And why wouldn't they? The last president outright told them to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. 

I cant think of much which defines the antithesis of vigilance more than supporting a candidate in an election sending armed men to polling places. 

That is banana republic stuff. 

You only feel that way because the illegals vote the way you want them to.

The integrity of our elections have been compromised. That's needs to end right now.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Or they might be sent out to intimidate voters. Ya, I'm gonna go with intimidate. It's his modus operandi. 

Hank

People who have no legal right to vote should be, no, need to be intimidated into not voting.

We obviously have a major problem when states feel they have to keep secretes from the federal government regarding federal elections.

Edited by preacherman76

Just now, preacherman76 said:

You only feel that way because the illegals vote the way you want them to.

The integrity of our elections have been compromised. That's needs to end right now.  

Man this kneejerk reaction which leads to cheering on totalitarianism  is insane.

Have we as a nation forgotten the lessons of the fallout from 9/11 where we rushed to give up our rights for our security?

What I am just floored by is the short sightedness of Trump supporters, you're so convinced that brown folks are out to get ya that you're willing to support legislation which will allow ANY POTUS not just Trump to send armed men with extremely broad authority to polling places. You are cheering on the devolution of our nation into a banana republic. Good job :tu: 

I'm not saying don't secure our elections, in fact I believe there are billions of dollars earmarked to defend our elections against Russian interference which Trump should have to explain why he hasn't spent.

That said having a candidate sending armed men to polling places is simply un-American. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

We just got the voter ID law here in Iowa.  The 23 convictions was in a five year period that we didn't have it.  We did a two year long investigation to try and justify it and that is all they came up with. 

People like this gal: https://www.aclu.org/cases/griffin-v-pate

I don't know what your illegal population looks like in Iowa, but many other states have massive amounts of illegals that are being bussed around to several districts to vote several times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

We obviously have a major problem when states feel they have to keep secretes from the federal government regarding federal elections.

Holy hell man, no the problem is with the federal government demanding the private information of American voters without having any evidence that such an intrusion was necessary. 

Let me guess "it is known " right?  That's basically what your arguments have devolved to. Not facts or figures or statistics but a cult like belief that "it is known" and since "it is known" facts aren't necessary. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man this kneejerk reaction which leads to cheering on totalitarianism  is insane.

Have we as a nation forgotten the lessons of the fallout from 9/11 where we rushed to give up our rights for our security?

What I am just floored by is the short sightedness of Trump supporters, you're so convinced that brown folks are out to get ya that you're willing to support legislation which will allow ANY POTUS not just Trump to send armed men with extremely broad authority to polling places. You are cheering on the devolution of our nation into a banana republic. Good job :tu: 

I'm not saying don't secure our elections, in fact I believe there are billions of dollars earmarked to defend our elections against Russian interference which Trump should have to explain why he hasn't spent.

That said having a candidate sending armed men to polling places is simply un-American. 

Ok ok, I'll back off for a sec. Let me ask you a question or two. Lets say for a second that conservatives are right. There is a big problem with illegals voting in our elections. Do you not feel like that's important enough to do something about it? And if so what should be done? Remember places like NY and CA allow illegals to get driver licenses. There is literally nothing to stop them from registering to vote. so in many cases even voter ID laws will do nothing to stop it.

• Like 1

Holy hell man, no the problem is with the federal government demanding the private information of American voters without having any evidence that such an intrusion was necessary. 

Let me guess "it is known " right?  That's basically what your arguments have devolved to. Not facts or figures or statistics but a cult like belief that "it is known" and since "it is known" facts aren't necessary. 

And there it is, the problem doesn't even exist.

We are talking about our elections. We have no way of knowing if millions of illegals who are being encouraged to vote by even at one point the highest office in the land, and by MANY many state servants,  and you think sticking our heads in the sand over it is the best course of action? We should just pretend there is no problem? If we cant come up with anything better then that from your side, then men with guns it is, cause YOU are part of the HIGHLY unconstitutional problem.

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Russia is not the problem with our elections...Fraud is the problem.   If I can vote twice...that's a problem...if dead people can vote...that is a problem...if illegal aliens can vote...that is a problem.  Russia is nothing more than a Straw Man.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ok ok, I'll back off for a sec. Let me ask you a question or two. Lets say for a second that conservatives are right. There is a big problem with illegals voting in our elections. Do you not feel like that's important enough to do something about it?

Of course something should be done. Having a candidate in an election sending armed men to polling places however should never ever be done. 

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

And if so what should be done? Remember places like NY and CA allow illegals to get driver licenses. There is literally nothing to stop them from registering to vote. so in many cases even voter ID laws will do nothing to stop it.

I'm for the federal government supplying, on their dime, voter identification for all legally registered voters.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joc said:

Russia is not the problem with our elections...Fraud is the problem.   If I can vote twice...that's a problem...if dead people can vote...that is a problem...if illegal aliens can vote...that is a problem.  Russia is nothing more than a Straw Man.  

Exactly. Russia spends 100,000 on facebook adds and its the end of the world. Straight showing people I can vote twice (at least) and we are crazy conspiracy theorists. smh

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course something should be done. Having a candidate in an election sending armed men to polling places however should never ever be done. 

I'm for the federal government supplying, on their dime, voter identification for all legally registered voters.  

But you are against any investigation to see if those who are registered are legal. So what good would that do?  

And there it is, the problem doesn't even exist.

We are talking about our elections. We have no way of knowing if millions of illegals who are being encouraged to vote by even at one point the highest office in the land, and by MANY many state servants,  and you think sticking our heads in the sand over it is the best course of action? We should just pretend there is no problem? If we cant come up with anything better then that from your side, then men with guns it is, cause YOU are part of the HIGHLY unconstitutional problem.

And the choir says "it is known" 

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

But you are against any investigation to see if those who are registered are legal. So what good would that do?  

No I'm not, not at all. I'm against a mentally feeble POTUS demanding an investigation and using taxpayer money to prove how popular he is. 

Again "it is known" isn't enough to get me to willingly set up a scenario which makes our elections less secure in the long run. 

• Like 1

Of course its known. 0bama straight told them they'd become citizens if they voted. Several states have done all they can to make sure nothing gets in the way of them voting. To assume they are not is ridiculous. If anything you are in the "It is known" choir. Against all reason and common sense.

6 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't disagree that potential fraud is an issue. 

I guess I do however think its pretty idiotic to ignore the intelligence agencies when they say that Russia is going to interfere in the 2018 election and literally spend zero dollars to stop it from happening. 

State Dept. hasn't spent any of its $120M to counter foreign election interference: report

• Like 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Of course its known. 0bama straight told them they'd become citizens if they voted. Several states have done all they can to make sure nothing gets in the way of them voting. To assume they are not is ridiculous. If anything you are in the "It is known" choir. Against all reason and common sense.

No dude I'm the one saying its a possibility but show proof its happening rumor and innuendo is not proof. 

Hell I'm not saying don't work to secure our elections, what I'm saying is that this proposal is the exact opposite of that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I don't disagree that potential fraud is an issue. 

I guess I do however think its pretty idiotic to ignore the intelligence agencies when they say that Russia is going to interfere in the 2018 election and literally spend zero dollars to stop it from happening. 

State Dept. hasn't spent any of its $120M to counter foreign election interference: report

Well, right now, there isn't a whole lot of trust of the intelligence agencies...it seems they have an agenda all their own.  

No I'm not, not at all. I'm against a mentally feeble POTUS demanding an investigation and using taxpayer money to prove how popular he is. 

Again "it is known" isn't enough to get me to willingly set up a scenario which makes our elections less secure in the long run. 

And yet everything you said after says exactly the opposite. To me, if folks have no interest in even trying to see this obvious massive problem, then why should anyone listen to them try and avoid any solution.

The claim is that our elections are compromised. With massive evidence suggesting that's very possible. I don't see how we can move on as a country without addressing it. I also think folks like yourself should be heard, and should be part of the solution. Right up till you close your eyes to it.

Bottom line, there should be no way for any illegal to vote. Right now there is nothing to stop it. We should not rest till that is no longer the case.

Just now, joc said:

Well, right now, there isn't a whole lot of trust of the intelligence agencies...it seems they have an agenda all their own.  

No it really doesn't. 

I mean logically yeah sure they do, but not as it relates to Trump.

Creating the impression that they do is a brilliant defense strategy but as evidenced by the repeated fizzling out of the next conspiracy theory which will provide the evidence to "lock her up" its nothing more than the accused muddying the waters as he tries his defense in the court of public opinion. 

Chucking mud to see what may stick to the wall. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No dude I'm the one saying its a possibility but show proof its happening rumor and innuendo is not proof. 

Hell I'm not saying don't work to secure our elections, what I'm saying is that this proposal is the exact opposite of that. 

Well what choice do we have? States who need illegals to vote wont allow an investigation. When states show that they are unwilling to uphold their elections integrity, what else is left to do?

Would it make you feel better if said agents left their guns home that day?

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

To me, if folks have no interest in even trying to see this obvious massive problem, then why should anyone listen to them try and avoid any solution.

No I'm just sick and tired of the post factual age. No facts required, someone said something which you think sounds right without actually presenting any evidence, and you're willing to completely crap on 200 years of history by sending armed government officials into polling places. 

Even if on this one issue your opinion turns out to be correct its simply a dangerous thought pattern.

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Bottom line, there should be no way for any illegal to vote. Right now there is nothing to stop it. We should not rest till that is no longer the case.

I'm with you, right up to the point where a guy running in an election gets to send armed men to polling places. 

I just cant imagine you would be supporting this if it were Hillary in office, yet it very well could be her or one of her acolytes who take over next and then they too will have the ability to send armed men to polling places. Do you really want that? 

• Like 2

Well what choice do we have? States who need illegals to vote wont allow an investigation. When states show that they are unwilling to uphold their elections integrity, what else is left to do?

Have states shown that they are unwilling to uphold their elections integrity? Can you provide actual links to actual facts which demonstrate what you are saying? 

• Like 1