Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SpaceX Mars ship to begin testing 'next year'

UM-Bot

There seems to be no stopping him. I certainly admire his optimism and innovation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Optimism?....he's predicting a third world war!

Oh please, I was speaking in general about his optimism and innovation concerning sending people to Mars. Did you not see his recent accomplishment of sending his Roadster into space on the Falcon Heavy.....when many people first laughed at the idea?

I really didn't take too much notice of the 'probable third world war' stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Optimism?....he's predicting a third world war!

There is little doubt that the earth will be hit by a massive asteroid sometime in its future so if we don't have human colonies established off this world we will likely go extinct.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

No we won't unless it's a planet killer.

Yeah, maybe you'll be one of the 1000 left.  Regardless of your argument, much greater minds than yours have said extinction is likely if we don't get off this planet and so, basically, you'd be willing to risk the extinction of mankind for the sake of some microbes that will never evolve past the microbial level due to the environment they exist in.  Your view, to  say the least, is a radical to the point of irrationality.  Yikes!  Thankfully most people in the world have not been taught to despise and detest humanity such as yourself.  Glad this is as close as I'd ever get to you. 

Edited by Merc14

11 hours ago, Merc14 said:

There is little doubt that the earth will be hit by a massive asteroid sometime in its future so if we don't have human colonies established off this world we will likely go extinct.

There's actually a statistic for this but I can't remember where I heard it...too many podcasts. I think it was Neil Tyson talking about it and we have a ways to go but you're right it's basically a garuntee. 

10 hours ago, internetperson said:

There's actually a statistic for this but I can't remember where I heard it...too many podcasts. I think it was Neil Tyson talking about it and we have a ways to go but you're right it's basically a garuntee. 

Could be a thousand years from now but we need to start now IMHO.  First  step is a colony on a nearby planet with at least a small chance of being habitable.

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

Extinction is inevitable if we don't get off this planet and spread out from the Solar system, but that doesn't give us the right to interfere in other world life.

Your conclusions about me are wrong I am not a Humanity hater I am a life lover, Humanity will be capable of turning dead planets into live planets if we put our minds to it and don't be lazy.

Greater minds are thinking about this, that is what started this conversation off, the fact greater minds are considering the welfare of other life, I find that encouraging, obviously you'll be up there in your space suit stamping on every bug you can find.

And yikes indeed if you think to destroy any other kind of life of off-world life for your own purposes is right.

So terraforming a dead planet before trying to populate a planet like Mars?  You may think you aren't a humanity hater but your words speak differently.  Your beliefs are yours and I won't argue further with you re. this subject as your ideology is far left fringe and beyond rational conversation.  The last word is yours.:tu:

• Like 1