Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 bombings in Austin likely linked

Farmer77

3 deadly package explosions in Austin appear connected, police say

A third explosion in which a package exploded at a residence appears to be connected to two other explosions in Austin, Texas, city Police Chief Brian Manley said Monday at a news conference. A 75-year-old woman was critically injured Monday and a 17-year-old male was injured in an earlier Monday blast. A March 2 blast killed a 39-year-old man.

• Like 2

Yep! Time to call police if you see a package on your property. Even if you are expecting something. Not worth the chance.

• Like 4

Just now, susieice said:

Yep! Time to call police if you see a package on your property. Even if you are expecting something. Not worth the chance.

seriously? you come home to a package you expected, you would still call cops?

• Like 2

Some sick whacko with an agenda.

Scary.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Eh my new jacket arrives on Friday so not gonna call em to blow it up this time :D  Late birthday present.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aztek said:

seriously? you come home to a package you expected, you would still call cops?

I would seriously make sure it was the package I was expecting before I touched it. Almost sounds like another uni-bomber is running around.

• Like 2

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

Eh my new jacket arrives on Friday so not gonna call em to blow it up this time :D  Late birthday present.

Well a belated Happy Birthday to you! Make sure the return address is the one you are expecting before you pick it up!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Terrorism - 1 

Susie - 0

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Terrorism - 1 

Susie - 0

You take things way too seriously. Besides, I'm nowhere near Texas.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

Some sick whacko with an agenda.

Scary.

It seems police are connecting these together as a possible hate crime because of the race of the people killed and injured. 

http://abc13.com/police-2-deadly-package-bombs-in-texas-capital-are-linked/3205190/

• Like 2

With the outcry to ban AR-15's because of the school shootings. Now we have nutjobs making bombs to kill/injure people.

As I've always said, it's the person wielding the weapon and not the tool.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

With the outcry to ban AR-15's because of the school shootings. Now we have nutjobs making bombs to kill/injure people.

I agree....we should ban bombs in packages.  There are a lot of whackos running around Austin.  Dallas is about 3 hours away...but I think there are more whackos in Austin than Dallas.

• Like 2

The amount of deprevity a person has to have not only to randomly kill people but to do it in the most cowardly way possible is disgusting 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joc said:

I agree....we should ban bombs in packages.  There are a lot of whackos running around Austin.  Dallas is about 3 hours away...but I think there are more whackos in Austin than Dallas.

University town... That said, an attack using a package bomb that is powerful enough to kill, should probably be relatively easy to solve.  I bet the animal is hiding pipebombs in boxes with a motion-sensitive fuse.  That would be relatively sophisticated, if true.  If it IS some racist, murdering scum, then I hope Texas makes short work of him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hawkin said:

The National Bombmakers Association wants to remind everyone that thr only thing that stops a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb.

• Like 6

Race might be a motive, but I doubt it. You'd think if that was the case they would be going for large body counts instead of individuals. Wonder if the victims are connected in any way?

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The National Bombmakers Association wants to remind everyone that thr only thing that stops a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb.

Newton's third law. It's, like, science, man.

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Oh man...you are quite the joker sometimes!  But...that isn't really a joke...nope...that one is True, True, True.   As a matter of fact,. and I am running late for work or I'd post the link...but...just google this:   Dallas Police use Robot to blow up shooter.   Uh huh!

There's been another explosion in Austin about 2 hours ago. Report is that it injured 2. Unknown at this time if it is another package bomb.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18/explosion-reported-in-austin-at-least-2-injured.html

So, is this terrorism, or just another white guy with a mental illness? Because it's getting really hard to tell the difference considering all the victims are brown or black.

Hank

48 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

So, is this terrorism, or just another white guy with a mental illness? Because it's getting really hard to tell the difference considering all the victims are brown or black.

Hank

Latest victims might be white. Still doesn't prove one thing or the other though.

• Like 1