Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 bombings in Austin likely linked

Farmer77

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's the last that I heard too. Trip wires aren't specific.

Edit: I just hope they catch this guy alive to understand the motive.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

I hope they catch who's doing this before someone else is maimed or killed. Anyone could set off a trip wire and hopefully not where there are a lot of people.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Latest victims might be white. Still doesn't prove one thing or the other though.

You're right. The bomber(s) could also be any race. Thanks neighbor.

Hank

• Like 2

The trip wires bit worries me in particular. That shows not just targeted terror, but calculated malice.

• Like 2

I think it shows the very sick state of this world that race has even been talked about at this point. CNN spent a good part of the day STILL pushing the so far non existent race connection even after these white folks were bombed. CNN is the most racist disgusting media outlet in this country. At least 50% of what they do involves making people think about the color of other peoples skin. Like WTH is the matter with these people? 

• Like 4

Another explosion Tuesday night at a Goodwill Store in Austin. Police say it was not related to the other bombings. This was an incendiary device that was donated in a box containing other military items. It went off when a worker was going through the box.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/austin-bombings-not-connected-goodwill-brodie-austin-military-device-today-live-updates/

Just hearing this too. There was a second bomb intercepted at the Fed Ex distribution center today that did not explode. Authorities are hoping to get some clues from it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/20/package-believed-to-be-bound-for-austin-explodes-at-texas-fedex-facility-police-say/?utm_term=.f6a19addfdec

• Like 2

On 3/20/2018 at 6:26 AM, preacherman76 said:

I think it shows the very sick state of this world that race has even been talked about at this point. CNN spent a good part of the day STILL pushing the so far non existent race connection even after these white folks were bombed. CNN is the most racist disgusting media outlet in this country. At least 50% of what they do involves making people think about the color of other peoples skin. Like WTH is the matter with these people? 

You're absolutely right.  But when anyone that isn't white is involved, it's automatically "Radical Islamic Terrorism."  Because it feeds the base.  When white..it's just a mental health issue that should have been picked out by the FBI...

• Like 2

Why do some people, distraught in their own way, purposefully seek to kill complete innocents?

I truly don't get it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Why do some people, distraught in their own way, purposefully seek to kill complete innocents?

I truly don't get it.

People who hate themselves tend to hate the world. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You're absolutely right.  But when anyone that isn't white is involved, it's automatically "Radical Islamic Terrorism."  Because it feeds the base.  When white..it's just a mental health issue that should have been picked out by the FBI...

That only happens when witnesses say the guy was yelling God is great in Arabic. Can you think of a time where it was assumed to be Islamic terror, and wasn’t? If it makes you feel better I think those folks are just as crazy as the white shooters  

Your right though, there was no reason for the FBI to have done anything with this last nut job. Or local law enforcement. So what if they were both called more then once? In one case many times. Directly being told the guy was gonna shoot up a school. Clearly we are using them as scapegoats. AR’s and white people are to blame. Get rid of em all I say. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

That only happens when witnesses say the guy was yelling God is great in Arabic. Can you think of a time where it was assumed to be Islamic terror, and wasn’t? If it makes you feel better I think those folks are just as crazy as the white shooters  

Your right though, there was no reason for the FBI to have done anything with this last nut job. Or local law enforcement. So what if they were both called more then once? In one case many times. Directly being told the guy was gonna shoot up a school. Clearly we are using them as scapegoats. AR’s and white people are to blame. Get rid of em all I say. 

Saw this today: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43484681

Can't even throw a party without someone calling the FBI it seems.

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

When did I say anything about AR's?  I'm pretty sure you can see that I am not for banning AR's at all.  When convenient, you blame Muslims, terrorism, minorities..when not you applaud some nonexistent mental health initiative.  If you have a stance, take it.  Don't wait for the flavor of the day from Trump or Breitbart to voice your opinion.  Trump made it legal for the mentally ill collecting disability to purchase weapons, you applauded it.  Trump said that we need to stop the mentally ill from purchasing weapons, you applauded it.  Stop with these partisan views on things, and generate YOUR OWN opinion.  You can call yourself some sort of Libertarian all you want, but you fall in line like all others.

• Like 2

Just now, Agent0range said:

When did I say anything about AR's?  I'm pretty sure you can see that I am not for banning AR's at all.  When convenient, you blame Muslims, terrorism, minorities..when not you applaud some nonexistent mental health initiative.  If you have a stance, take it.  Don't wait for the flavor of the day from Trump or Breitbart to voice your opinion.  Trump made it legal for the mentally ill collecting disability to purchase weapons, you applauded it.  Trump said that we need to stop the mentally ill from purchasing weapons, you applauded it.  Stop with these partisan views on things, and generate YOUR OWN opinion.  You can call yourself some sort of Libertarian all you want, but you fall in line like all others.

I have point out obvious Muslim terror strikes. So what? 

Man I wish just once you guys wouldn’t dumb down the argument. ‘Trump helped mentally ill people get guns’ What? No he stopped Obama from taking away the second amendment to many perfectly sane people. You are acting like he reinstated that same BS and now I’m for it. Trump did not making it illegal for vets who pay their bills through automation to get guns, like Obama. These are two totally different situations. To pretend there the same is outright dishonest. 

51 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

People who hate themselves tend to hate the world. 

So why don't they just commit suicide instead of involving other's as well?

The commonality with this and many other serial/mass murderers seems to be a particular desire to involve, maim and kill complete innocents. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I have point out obvious Muslim terror strikes. So what? 

Man I wish just once you guys wouldn’t dumb down the argument. ‘Trump helped mentally ill people get guns’ What? No he stopped Obama from taking away the second amendment to many perfectly sane people. You are acting like he reinstated that same BS and now I’m for it. Trump did not making it illegal for vets who pay their bills through automation to get guns, like Obama. These are two totally different situations. To pretend there the same is outright dishonest. 

House votes to overturn Obama gun rule

The House voted 235-180 to roll back a rule that required the Social Security Administration to report people who receive disability benefits and have a mental health condition to the FBI’s background check system. The database is used to determine eligibility for buying a firearm.  

Yes Trump helped mentally ill people get guns.  

If you are too mentally feeble to pay your own bills, you probably shouldn't have a gun. I'm not sure how this is even an argument 

40 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If you are too mentally feeble to pay your own bills, you probably shouldn't have a gun. I'm not sure how this is even an argument 

Saying the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

Do you consider people with eating disorders dangerously mentally ill? Okay, maybe if you take away their ice cream, but eating disorders do not make you violently mentally ill. Do you support rights being taken away without being professionally evaluated by a mental health facility? What about the physically disabled who depend on automatic deposits and electronic payments? Does having MS make you "mentally unfit"? Your children could be taken from you then. That is what Obama did.

http://thehill.com/regulation/317634-house-republicans-block-obama-era-gun-rule

What is it you keep saying? It scares me to think you guys are so ready to give up your liberty yadda, yadda, yadda...

34 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Do you consider people with eating disorders dangerously mentally ill?

YES absolutely. If your brain is so damaged that you can't properly feed yourself you probably shouldn't own a gun. How is this even a discussion, people with eating disorders have lost touch with reality, people who have lost touch with reality should not have guns

What about the physically disabled who depend on automatic deposits and electronic payments?

Please provide evidence that this is the case. The entire world depends on automatic deposits and electronic payments, I think there is probably something you are missing in the conversation. The link you provided did not back up this statement. 

Does having MS make you "mentally unfit"? Your children could be taken from you then. That is what Obama did.

Again, please provide evidence of this. 

That said if I am at the point where I can no longer handle the activities of daily living then I have clearly lost my capability to safely handle a gun. 

What is it you keep saying? It scares me to think you guys are so ready to give up your liberty yadda, yadda, yadda...

LOL for the record I had mixed emotions when Trump signed the bill. Mental illness has been used as an excuse to take rights away from folks since time began so I'm naturally wary of placing that label on anyone. That said all we hear is "its a mental health issue, not a gun issue" and the current POTUS did in fact actively put guns back in the hands of folks with mental health issues. 

Edited by Farmer77

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Mmm Farm, most of my bills are paid on auto. Not cause I’m mentally feeble, but because it’s much easier then individually paying each bill. At least the regular consistent monthly bills. 

No one should have their right to own a gun taken away cause they pay their bills through modern technology. That’s ridiculous. 

If a persons right to own a gun is taken it must be on a individual basis. You can’t go making sweeping generalizations. Especially over the way someone pays their bills. THATS crazy. 

How many people have you heard of that have shot people who’s only mental problem was a eating disorder? Smh.