Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump sacks Tillerson as secretary of state

ExpandMyMind

~

[00.00:10]

~

Roll End Credits ... Enter Theme Music ...

• Like 4

Just now, third_eye said:

~

[00.00:10]

~

Roll End Credits ... Enter Theme Music ...

Dammit!

I was just getting my meme ready when you beat me to it! :lol:

• Like 3

I also don't think it's a coincidence that he was given notice right after the failure of the Exxon/Russia deal. In fact, it looks like that was the purpose of his appointment. 

• Like 6

Just now, LV-426 said:

Dammit!

I was just getting my meme ready when you beat me to it! :lol:

I am rather quick with the 'No Brainers'

:lol:

~

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh you mean the same UAE who is suspected of conspiring with the Trump campaign?

WOW I am so shocked that after doing that they would have a say in US policy or personnel matters :rolleyes: 

Jesus if true this HAS to change the way people view this admin, right? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Jesus if true this HAS to change the way people view this admin, right? 

I am afraid ,Farmer, the committed are committed and ... should be.....

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The day after Tillers blames Russia for the UK chemical attack, something the White House has refused to do.

I was simply floored when I read that. Not because he was fired I mean Tillerson called the man with the fragile ego a moron so this was predictable, but that he did it when he had finally received a PR "win" due to the GOP collusion investigation coming to a close. 

My conspiracy theorist is spinning a little at the combination of that fact and the fact that foxnews' website didn't have the GOP committee story even on their front page. 

• Like 2

an administration of 'Yes' men on its way - will America as you know it survive?

• Like 3

Tillerson was never right for that job and Trump blew it when he chose him.  When a chief executive chooses a staff, he/she generally tends to find strong, well-accomplished individuals that can get the job done with the least supervision.  There's no doubt that Tillerson made his way to the top of a very competitive business but from day one, practically, he seemed intent on going against his boss and doing so publicly.  There is a certain amount of independence in such roles but today, especially under Trump's administration, his detractors seem to think that these appointees have a duty to work against the president.  They might want to review HRC or FrankenKerry's tenures at State and cite a list of Obama policies that they actively worked against.  IT DOESN'T HAPPEN... not for long, anyway.  I'm sure the same old crowd will say Mike Pompeo was chosen because he'll be a yes-man but their opinions, as usual, don't matter at all to Trump.  

• Like 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

an administration of 'Yes' men on its way - will America as you know it survive?

survive what?  i see very little on the radar that can threaten USA, and those things that can, are not trump related.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

There is a certain amount of independence in such roles but today, especially under Trump's administration, his detractors seem to think that these appointees have a duty to work against the president

They have a duty to work for the American people. It just seems that with this POTUS that often means working against the POTUS 

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

survive what?  i see very little on the radar that can threaten USA, and those things that can, are not trump related.

and this response is exactly why the question @RAyMO posted is a very relevant one. 

• Like 2

That's a shame, I actually didn't mind Rex Tillerson. Gosh, how many have gone now ? ..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, and then said:

Tillerson was never right for that job and Trump blew it when he chose him.  When a chief executive chooses a staff, he/she generally tends to find strong, well-accomplished individuals that can get the job done with the least supervision.  There's no doubt that Tillerson made his way to the top of a very competitive business but from day one, practically, he seemed intent on going against his boss and doing so publicly.  There is a certain amount of independence in such roles but today, especially under Trump's administration, his detractors seem to think that these appointees have a duty to work against the president.  They might want to review HRC or FrankenKerry's tenures at State and cite a list of Obama policies that they actively worked against.  IT DOESN'T HAPPEN... not for long, anyway.  I'm sure the same old crowd will say Mike Pompeo was chosen because he'll be a yes-man but their opinions, as usual, don't matter at all to Trump.  

He was likely hired to push through the Russia oil deal. So in that respect, he seemed like the perfect guy for the job. In every other respect, he was a terrible choice.

"I'll choose the best people for my administration". That seems to be one of those 'true but not in the way you think it's true' statements.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

and i genuinely do not care,  it is racist and antisemitic, because me, a jew, feels that way, and that is enough

Uhh, that's not how that works, bro.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Astra. said:

That's a shame, I actually didn't mind Rex Tillerson. Gosh, how many have gone now ? ..

It's a growing list but there are always staff changes in any administration and when an administration is literally under attack before the president is sworn in, I don't think it so unusual that the staff turnover would be elevated.  At some point, unless Sessions mans-up and appoints another special counsel to look at the crimes committed by Obama's administration - Trump will need to attempt to appoint another AG.  That simply can't happen until this "investigation" is completed.  The good news is that even if they drag this farce out for another year, he'll still have a couple of years (if needed) to find someone who will appoint what passes for an unbiased/nonpartisan investigator and once that person begins, no one can stop him, regardless who wins in 2020.  If HRC isn't put on trial and made to pay for the obviously  criminal acts that she committed, the idea of America, as  a nation of laws, not men, is dead.

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Uhh, that's not how that works, bro.

actually that is exactly how it works, and i'm not your bro, that is insulting

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

At some point, unless Sessions mans-up and appoints another special counsel to look at the crimes committed by Obama's administration - Trump will need to attempt to appoint another AG. 

A died in the wool conservative professional prosecutor isn't seeing reason to open an investigation so you want him fired so someone else will. Do you really not see the un-American nature of that position? 

2 minutes ago, and then said:

The good news is that even if they drag this farce out for another year, he'll still have a couple of years (if needed) to find someone who will appoint what passes for an unbiased/nonpartisan investigator and once that person begins, no one can stop him, regardless who wins in 2020.  If HRC isn't put on trial and made to pay for the obviously  criminal acts that she committed, the idea of America, as  a nation of laws, not men, is dead.

Ironically it sounds like it is you who are trying to kill the nation of laws by demanding political persecution via the DOJ. 

Hell I even think Hillary is most likely guilty of some horrible things , I'm just not willing to crap on our nation in order to punish her. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Unlike the previous few administrations that fought the president tooth and nail for everything they tried to accomplish. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hell I even think Hillary is most likely guilty of some horrible things , I'm just not willing to crap on our nation in order to punish her.

Yet you are clearly willing to crap on our nation in order to punish Trump for horrible things he is likely NOT guilty of?

Surely you can see the hypocrisy...

• Like 5