Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump sacks Tillerson as secretary of state

ExpandMyMind

Good headline I just saw: Trump Votes For Rexit  

Otherwise, I have nothing to say on the matter whatsoever. :unsure:  

• Like 3

You can't help feeling a little sorry for "Mad Dog" Mattis though; he's losing a pal he liked to take romantic meals with and then go for walks with round the park. :( 

t starts with me having breakfast every week with Secretary of State Tillerson. And we talk two, three times a day, sometimes. We settle all of our issues between he and I, and then we walk together into the White House meetings. That way, State and Defense are together.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You can't help feeling a little sorry for "Mad Dog" Mattis though; he's losing a pal he liked to take romantic meals with and then go for walks with round the park. :( 

I have to admit that certainly sounds like how I would like the state department and DOD to be working together. ......and the start of a rom-com

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 5

Hey just a reminder this story broke just 17 hours ago:

Tillerson: US 'outraged' by poisoning of ex-spy that 'clearly came from Russia'

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told reporters Monday evening that the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain last week "clearly came from Russia" and "certainly will trigger a response."

Hmmmmmmmm talk bad about Russia, fired the next day. Coincidence I suppose. 

• Like 4

WH staff Q4: #45, 1 chef, 2 gardeners and 2 charladies.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Hmmm...warmongering for the Saudis in a last-ditch effort to launch WWlll, fired the next day.  Likely no coincidence, one might suppose.

The world is breaking out in peace, and Dems & Rinos are apoplectic...

• Like 4

Just now, hacktorp said:

That is an interesting spin I hadn't heard before :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That is an interesting spin I hadn't heard before :lol:

Of course you hadn't!  You've been too busy reciting your spoon-fed mantra:  "Russia, Russia, Russia...".

Why do the left so badly want war?  I know the answer...do you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Ah,  I suppose you believe all that hysterical spittle-flying, hair-flying-wildly ravings about Putin from Theresa May's laughable "government", do you? At least if you can contrive it into a conspiracy theory that proves that Trump is in the control of the Evil One .

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Ah,  I suppose you believe all that hysterical spittle-flying, hair-flying-wildly ravings about Putin from Theresa May's laughable "government", do you? At least if you can contrive it into a conspiracy theory that proves that Trump is in the control of the Evil One .

Nah , I don't even know what to believe anymore to be completely honest.

Well I believe Trump and everyone he is associated with are corrupt as hell as evidenced by yet another of his inner circle getting caught up in a financial scandal - but as far as the whole Russia thing I don't know. 

• Like 1

LOL 

The Latest: Officials say White House fired Tillerson aide

Two U.S. officials say the White House has fired one of Rex Tillerson's top aides after he contradicted the official account of the secretary of state's dismissal by President Donald Trump.

The officials said Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, was informed of the move shortly after he released a statement in his name saying that Tillerson was "unaware of the reason" for his termination. Goldstein had also told reporters that Tillerson learned of his firing Tuesday morning from Trump's tweet announcing he was nominating CIA chief Mike Pompeo to lead the State Dept

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Of course you hadn't!  You've been too busy reciting your spoon-fed mantra:  "Russia, Russia, Russia...".

No the mantra is "corruption, corruption, corruption" Russia is just a piece of that puzzle. 

42 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Why do the left so badly want war?  I know the answer...do you?

I don't believe those on the left want war. Those in the democrat party may want war however the overwhelming majority of them hold views which were more conservative than the ones the POTUS held just two years ago. 

And yeah the answer is the military industrial complex wants war and everyone in DC wants a piece of those profits along with the easy propaganda bonanza which having an enemy provides. 

Tillerson is a true believer in the whole Global Whinging routine... or as true a believer as any other big-shot that wants a slice a slice of the action.

The sort of action that has made Al Gore ten times richer than he was when he lost to GW back in 2000. 

And this Admin is trying to get us OUT of all that crap.

Good riddance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

who is next Kelly?

I cant imagine Trump is secure enough to let Mattis stick around for too much longer after reading about he and Tillersons working relationship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Tillerson is a true believer in the whole Global Whinging routine... or as true a believer as any other big-shot that wants a slice a slice of the action.

The sort of action that has made Al Gore ten times richer than he was when he lost to GW back in 2000. 

And this Admin is trying to get us OUT of all that crap.

Except that it was this admin that brought Tillerson in.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Hmmm...warmongering for the Saudis in a last-ditch effort to launch WWlll, fired the next day.  Likely no coincidence, one might suppose.

Exactly. What the hell is it with these people wanting a war with Russia? I used to like some of the lefts foriegn policy. Now they are just as bad as any war mongering neo con I have ever seen. 

Its flat out scary, and its another reason to thank God everyday that evil witch wasn’t elected. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No the mantra is "corruption, corruption, corruption" Russia is just a piece of that puzzle. 

I don't believe those on the left want war. Those in the democrat party may want war however the overwhelming majority of them hold views which were more conservative than the ones the POTUS held just two years ago. 

And yeah the answer is the military industrial complex wants war and everyone in DC wants a piece of those profits along with the easy propaganda bonanza which having an enemy provides. 

Just ask yourself, if the democrat party wants war, how might they influence the public to support it? You are sooo close Farm

• Like 1

Tillerson was told on Friday by the CoS that he was being fired (remember his sudden illness in Africa).  https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/rex-tillerson-firing-timeline/555464/

Tillerson was making a side deal with the European signatories to salvage the flawed Iran treaty with few changes thereby blatantly disregarding the president's orders.  This in and of itself is enough to get him fired.  http://freebeacon.com/national-security/tillerson-fired-rogue-bid-save-iran-nuke-deal/

Tillerson disagreed fundamentally with Trump,his boss, on climate change, Qatar and other subjects.  His obvious ignorance about the North Korea talks speaks volumes that he has been on the way out for a while.  Tillerson was a choice to calm teh hysterics when trump was elected and never a first choice and his days were always limited.  Bye Rex, don't let the door hit you in the **** on your way out .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Just ask yourself, if the democrat party wants war, how might they influence the public to support it? You are sooo close Farm

Lots of different ways. Of course blaming Russia for something , a "false flag" of sorts would be a brilliant way. 

I just don't believe that's whats happening here, even kind of. 

This really falls into the get out of jail free card scenario I mentioned earlier about the various conspiracy theories coming from Trumpland. His followers have set up a scenario where any fact can be disputed by conspiracy mongering :

"Ignore the professionals, ignore the facts, its all a vast left wing conspiracy to rule the world. The only truth comes from Trump" 

Some seriously dangerous cult of personality stuff there. 

• Like 2

Only. The. Best. People. Until they're fired, then they're a low level volunteer who fetched coffee.  Trumps buddy Vlad sure is getting his moneys worth. Strange days indeed.

Hank

• Like 1

Any guess as to who's next?

I'm not sure it will be, but Betsy DeVos needs to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Any guess as to who's next?

I'm not sure it will be, but Betsy DeVos needs to go.

There are people on my Facebook with bingo cards with Trump family and cabinet members on it.  Trump himself is on the center spot.  There are several who are really close to Bingo, already with all the exits.  That being said, my guess is Sessions, Rosenstein, or McMaster.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

If you read the link I posted it was actually the assistant secretary of state who put out a statement saying Tillerson wasn't informed he was fired and didn't know why. 

Somehow I doubt even the POTUS has yet to decide why , it may be just as easily as 'why not'

~

• Like 1