Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Demon Cat’ Legend

Commander CMG

OVER THE LAST TWO CENTURIES, the U.S. Capitol Building, with its underground passages and echoing side chambers, has amassed its fair share of ghost stories. Whether it’s the specter of a lost Civil War soldier from the building’s brief stint as a wartime hospital, or the ghost of John Quincy Adams shouting his final words in the Speaker’s Lobby, the Capitol Building is a ghost hunter’s dream. But few such stories have captured the public’s imagination like that of the Demon Cat.

Source

• Like 6

The Demon Cat was a common theme in African-American folklore in the Southeastern U.S. It is also a entity in Hoodoo.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ohelemapit said:

OVER THE LAST TWO CENTURIES, the U.S. Capitol Building, with its underground passages and echoing side chambers, has amassed its fair share of ghost stories. Whether it’s the specter of a lost Civil War soldier from the building’s brief stint as a wartime hospital, or the ghost of John Quincy Adams shouting his final words in the Speaker’s Lobby, the Capitol Building is a ghost hunter’s dream. But few such stories have captured the public’s imagination like that of the Demon Cat.

Source

So what you’re saying is that folks in Washington are afraid of pu s s y?

• Like 3

I had a demon cat once.  it was three quarters Persian and if you had a glazed donut it would fly across the yard and take you foot off at the nose (your nose, not his)unless you gave it to him before he got to you. his name was Jade B and he had one blue eye and one green eye, but they both glowed red (or so it looked) in the dark when a light hit them.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I was around there earlier this year. Wouldn't be surprised, enough squirrels there to feed an entire zoo.

In all seriousness, okay maybe not all, DC was the seemingly least haunted place I've ever been, and I even tried my luck at the L Ron Hubbard house museum. All I got was the tour guides unwanted number and an "accidental' boob touch. I don't recommend going alone.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:53 AM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Source

Interesting story. Thanks for posting it.

• Like 1