Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive student walk-out

pallidin

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

It is if you know how to discern truth from fiction, and how to check sources. Which is something they learn at that particular age. 

I'd say they have a better understanding of those things than most adults, what, with being taught it concurrently.

I have three friends each with high school age children.  Four of the children go to a public high school and remind me of the film Idiocracy.  Two are in a private school and are well mannered, thoughtful and intelligent, able to hold a polite conversation with adults.  Most children are not in private schools.

• Like 2

Just now, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I was going to ask for a link, but I do feel in first impressions, that could be the truth. And again, our education needs addressing. And this could another outlook on those who find the answer through their smart phone search, if these students are in schools that don't educate enough, but have the intelligence to search for it, instead making a quick unintelligent reply. 

not just education alone, upbringing plays huge role, school can't do parents jobs nor they should, and quite a few parents theses days think school is there to replace them, and invest no time and efforts to do their job. and that is how today's kids will be raising their own, and the cycle will continue.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I have three friends each with high school age children.  Four of the children go to a public high school and remind me of the film Idiocracy.  Two are in a private school and are well mannered, thoughtful and intelligent, able to hold a polite conversation with adults.  Most children are not in private schools.

So, in my firm belief, education is one of the things that need addressing. 

• Like 2

This is on Philadelphia news live right now. Hundreds of students have gathered outside City Hall. They are reporting that a program will be held for them.

http://6abc.com/education/local-students-take-part-in-national-walkout-day/3212886/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Actually education and bullying. 

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:
 6 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I was going to ask for a link, but I do feel in first impressions, that could be the truth. And again, our education needs addressing. And this could another outlook on those who find the answer through their smart phone search, if these students are in schools that don't educate enough, but have the intelligence to search for it, instead making a quick unintelligent reply.

not just education alone, upbringing plays huge role, school can't do parents jobs nor they should, and quite a few parents theses days think school is there to replace them, and invest no time and efforts to do their job. and that is how today's kids will be raising their own, and the cycle will continue.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I feel, ( my strong personal feelings ) that these parents should not have become parents in the first place. It's not like marriage and parenthood is being mandated, right? I'm not saying this doesn't happen, I do agree that this happens. 

I don't think we can say that all complacent parenting is part of this, and that maybe some of the them  have been educating them to use their minds to find answers any way possible. And again, it also makes me wonder, if there are schools that refuse parental interference. 

But if we go to your thoughts of parents thinking that schools are just for "babysitting", this would also be a good addressing point and how we can go about working through that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

This is on Philadelphia news live right now. Hundreds of students have gathered outside City Hall. They are reporting that a program will be held for them.

http://6abc.com/education/local-students-take-part-in-national-walkout-day/3212886/

I know our state is doing this, with our governor taking part. 

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:
8 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Actually education and bullying. 

Thank you. I agree and I'm glad you added that too. :yes: 

• Like 2

Local Lehigh Valley schools also planned to walk out. Haven't seen link to how it went yesterday but there is a video on the site showing elementary school students.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/local-students-schools-to-participate-in-national-walkout/716180033

• Like 3

What's the truth about this highly organized nationwide protest?  Maybe this Daily Sheeple article can spread a bit of light?

All across America, thousands of publicly funded schools, government schools, have decided to open their doors to the neo-Marxist organization known as the Women’s March, a highly partisan, far-left radical organization.

They have opened their doors and allowed this organization to “aid” students in staging a “National School Walkout” in protest of your ability to own and possess effective means of self-defense.

To put in terms that these far-left radicals would rather you not hear, they are organizing your children, using your stolen wealth (school taxes), to march in favor of a police state, to march against your ability to acquire and possess tools of self-defense, guns.

source

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I feel, ( my strong personal feelings ) that these parents should not have become parents in the first place.

yes, i agree.

But if we go to your thoughts of parents thinking that schools are just for "babysitting", this would also be a good addressing point and how we can go about working through that. 

easy actually, it is common fact that raising a kid is a full time job,  and having another full time job in mothers case distracts her or even makes her unable to rise a kid properly, so throughout centuries mothers stayed at home and raised kids while fathers were providing for families,  but  according to feminist\liberal beliefs it is wrong. and wee see how their way shows its true colors after decades of this nonsense, and what destruction it brings

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

What's the truth about this highly organized nationwide protest?  Maybe this Daily Sheeple article can spread a bit of light?

source

seems  like soros had a hand in it,

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

source

I understand that people will be using this to push their agendas but I think its a little off base to demonize everyone involved as such. 

What an awful article BTW. :no: 

I don't understand the 21st century obsession with authoritarianism.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

All across America, thousands of publicly funded schools, government schools, have decided to open their doors to the neo-Marxist organization known as the Women’s March, a highly partisan, far-left radical organization.

They have opened their doors and allowed this organization to “aid” students in staging a “National School Walkout” in protest of your ability to own and possess effective means of self-defense.

To put in terms that these far-left radicals would rather you not hear, they are organizing your children, using your stolen wealth (school taxes), to march in favor of a police state, to march against your ability to acquire and possess tools of self-defense, guns.

source

It wouldn't be a source that I personally would trust.

• Like 1

maybe the source is not to your liking, but these walk out are real, it is all over news, it is silly to think they are not organised by left for their own purposes, they clearly demand what left is trying to acheve

• Like 1

I hear you, They are partisan and occasionally in the past have done a poor job of vetting their information, and yet many times I have posted stories broken by this site that were dead on and sometimes weeks before the same stories appeared in more mainstream sources.  Just ask yourself this, who and how did this nationwide walkout of people who have no rights not granted by their parents get organized so well?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

easy actually, it is common fact that raising a kid is a full time job,  and having another full time job in mothers case distracts her or even makes her unable to rise a kid properly, so throughout centuries mothers stayed at home and raised kids while fathers were providing for families,  but  according to feminist\liberal beliefs it is wrong. and wee see how their way shows its true colors after decades of this nonsense,l and what destruction it brings

:no:  :no:  :no:   I think, dads who stay home and do just that, with the mothers working, could be looked upon as just as possibility too. And I do think this is a 100 percent given. I have seen a lot of 'stay at home' moms, who don't care, and working mothers with working fathers, who go the mile in parenting. (and of course, the caring father as well.) 

I strongly disbelieve this assertion. Strongly disbelieve it. 

• Like 2

:no:  :no:  :no:   I think, dads who stay home and do just that, with the mothers working, could be looked upon as just as possibility too. And I do think this is a 100 percent given. I have seen a lot of 'stay at home' moms, who don't care, and working mothers with working fathers, who go the mile in parenting. (and of course, the caring father as well.) 

I don't strongly disbelieve, but it's undeniable that there were messed up people and families way before the era of the two income household.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Being able to google something and taking whatever pops up as fact is not more informed.

I think we're still learning how the information age is changing our society, what I'm not sure of is that society can survive the information age. 

Think about this , just off the top of my head  kids today know that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was fake -even if they cant name the incident they have read about it, kids today know that marijuana isn't going to make you lose your mind and kill your neighbors, kids today know that the pharmaceutical companies in America charge exorbitant amounts of money compared to other nations, kids today know that all politicians are owned by corporations, hell most kids today know about 'operation northwoods' and how their government put a plan in place to kill civilians for political expediency. 

IDK that any future generation will ever memorize alleged "facts" like we used to have to in the past but their awareness is unparalleled in history. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe the source is not to your liking, but these walk out are real, it is all over news, it is silly to think they are not organised by left for their own purposes, they clearly demand what left is trying to acheve

I think it's silly to just place a stigma on any group. Why does it matter if it's the left or the right? Yes, the walkout is real. And the message that is being explained, is what I find important. Why do we have to start complaining about who is behind those with the message and thinking there is a different agenda?

Don't we all have the right to express the message? Shouldn't the 'left' achieve what they feel is an important message? Just I would think that the 'right' have a right to express their message. 

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:
13 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I hear you, They are partisan and occasionally in the past have done a poor job of vetting their information, and yet many times I have posted stories broken by this site that were dead on and sometimes weeks before the same stories appeared in more mainstream sources.  Just ask yourself this, who and how did this nationwide walkout of people who have no rights not granted by their parents get organized so well?

Because they have a strong goal in expressing that message. I don't think it's that hard to organize something, when there's a frustration in not being heard about it before. 

I do thank and respect you in being honest in what you post. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, aztek said:

easy actually, it is common fact that raising a kid is a full time job,  and having another full time job in mothers case distracts her or even makes her unable to rise a kid properly, so throughout centuries mothers stayed at home and raised kids while fathers were providing for families, 

Well that's certainly the biggest bunch of sexist bull**** I've seen in a while...

I was raised by a single mother who worked full time cause my father was a lazy ass good for nothing who left when I was 2. I know through personal experience that a mother CAN work full time, provide for her kid(s), and be a great loving and nurturing parent. Is it difficult and strenuous? Of course it is. But don't act like that's not possible, or that women should be 'put in their place' back home and in the kitchen cause things are better that way. There are plenty of women perfectly capable of living that lifestyle and properly raising great kids. Many of which were forced into that position by awnry ass fathers or whatever else.

23 minutes ago, aztek said:

but  according to feminist\liberal beliefs it is wrong. and wee see how their way shows its true colors after decades of this nonsense,l and what destruction it brings

What in the world are you talking about? What nonsense? The 'nonsense' of not expecting women to conform to traditional gender roles if they don't want to?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:
13 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I don't strongly disbelieve, but it's undeniable that there were messed up people and families way before the era of the two income household.

If you strongly don't disbelieve that, ok. I see that, as you see me strongly disbelieving it. But, thank you on your lost bit of your post. For my reasons, I see it too much, a lot of stay at home moms, don't do what the supposed 'values' are saying they should do. And I feel, it's not the 'institution' that houses the family institution, it's the effort put into it. That's why, I can't see how one can say that it's just simply a working dad and stay at home mom, when they still don't care. And that, I see the both working mom and dad, tend to show that caring into their children, because they want to do it. A lifestyle cannot force you to care. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

I'm sick of conservatives touting their nonsensical conspiracy theories, that there's some sort of hidden left-wing group infiltrating and organizing these kids to do this. There's no sense in refuting it since it's literally founded on absolutely nothing.

Perhaps these kids are just fed up of being gunned down because a bunch of insecure right-wing nut jobs care more about their precious guns then the lives of these children? Maybe they're sick to death of the NRA pouring out tons of money into the hands of politicians so that they continue to do nothing, while the NRA pours out every bit of propaganda they can to convince a bunch of insecure old men that guns are so damn important when they're not? Maybe they're doing all this because they actually care about the lives of their fellow classmates? Ever think of that?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

If you strongly don't disbelieve that, ok. I see that, as you see me strongly disbelieving it.

I read these two sentences about twelve times and am still confused. :wacko:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

A lifestyle cannot force you to care. 

Bingo. :tu: Summed up beautifully in one sentence.

• Like 2