Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive student walk-out

pallidin

5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:
11 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

If you strongly don't disbelieve that, ok. I see that, as you see me strongly disbelieving it.

I read these two sentences about twelve times and am still confused. :wacko:

*looks sheepish* Yeah, I don't blame you. Sometimes, there are times, I have a hard time putting the right words to something. I guess, it's my way of saying, 'I respect your point of view, as I hope and see, you respect mine'. And that, yada yada yada, it's both our rights. But, I thought that would be kind of .............. obvious. Or, I could have said, 'then we agree to disagree', in which..... well

....... I really hate that line. I really really hate that line. *shrugs* 

But, in a nutshell, we both have the right to feel and believe that....................... and not be stigmatized for it. :yes: 

****!, maybe I should have said that in the first place. :wacko:  

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

*looks sheepish* Yeah, I don't blame you. Sometimes, there are times, I have a hard time putting the right words to something. I guess, it's my way of saying, 'I respect your point of view, as I hope and see, you respect mine'. And that, yada yada yada, it's both our rights. But, I thought that would be kind of .............. obvious. Or, I could have said, 'then we agree to disagree', in which..... well

....... I really hate that line. I really really hate that. *shrugs* 

But, in a nutshell, we both have the right to feel and believe that....................... and not be stigmatized for it. :yes: 

****!, maybe I should have said that in the first place. :wacko:  

You didn't say anything wrong Stubbly. Just that my reaction to that was funny so I thought I'd share. :lol:

I love your style of writing. It's unique, and always very pleasant. ^_^ Seriously, we could be debating the most serious issue on the planet, and you'd find some way to make it cheery. Don't know how ya do it.

Anyway, all I'm saying is keep it up. :tu:

• Like 5

Just now, Stubbly_Dooright said:

. Why do we have to start complaining about who is behind those with the message and thinking there is a different agenda?

we absolutely have to,. because the message is nothing but a charade to achieve left agenda, it has little to do with school violence, the goal here is clear. 

I think it's silly to just place a stigma on any group

in this case, its not stigma. but calling things by their names

Just now, Aquila King said:

You didn't say anything wrong Stubbly. Just that my reaction to that was funny so I thought I'd share. :lol:

I love your style of writing. It's unique, and always very pleasant. ^_^ Seriously, we could be debating the most serious issue on the planet, and you'd find some way to make it cheery. Don't know how ya do it.

Anyway, all I'm saying is keep it up. :tu:

Ok! 

............................................................ it could be because I live near an area with a high EMF field. :o 

Just kidding. ........... and thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

we absolutely have to,. because the message is nothing but a charade to achieve left agenda, it has little to do with school violence, the goal here is clear. 

Enough.

Present some solid evidence for this conspiracy garbage or go home.

The victims and families of the last shooting have been harassed by right-wing conspiracy nuts over this nonsense while they're trying to grieve. Most conspiracies are just nonsense that I'm okay to overlook, but this crosses into the realm of immoral.

Prove your case now or drop it.

• Like 4

Enough.

lmao, i do not give a damn what you want. nor i give a damn if you like it or not, and you are not gonna tell me to drop it, you are welcome to ignore my posts

see again you idiotic and dangerous extremist ideas, that people should do or not to do things you do\do not like,

Edited by aztek

24 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

. Why do we have to start complaining about who is behind those with the message and thinking there is a different agenda?

That's not what I'm seeing. You have quite a few links to show me that? (and I saw more than one, so just in case, there are sites that are reputable to having the facts correct.)

I am really really tired of the group name calling and shaming. It really burns me up, because the message is being buried under it, and I feel strongly that it's a message that should be heard. Whether it's a left or right message, I have a strong problem in seeing it other than people are scared of dying, and frustrated and grieving over their murdered loved ones, and don't want to see this happen again, or at least having it be addressed. I cannot see it any other way. 

If there weren't any gun deaths, especially in schools, would one think that one particular group would then want to have stricter gun laws?

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

lmao, i do not give a damn what you want. nor i give a damn if you like it or not, and you are not gonna tell me to drop it,

Fine. If you don't want to present any evidence for your case (since there is none), I will continue to respond to you every time you do bring up this unfounded lie whether you like it or not.

These victims and their families have been through enough, and it disgusts me to see this kind of outright lie being perpetuated and causing them real-world trauma from conspiracy nuts like yourself. I won't stand for it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

I think it's silly to just place a stigma on any group

:blink: 

I would think, that is part of the stigmatization. 

• Like 2

I am really really tired of the group name calling and shaming.

yea me too,  like "all trump supporters are deplorable" "all gun owners support children murdered" and "all white males are privileged"..... i can bring up a lot more but i'm pretty sure this is enough

• Like 3

) I will continue to respond to you every time you do bring up this unfounded lie whether you like it or not.

lmao, be my guest,

Just now, aztek said:
3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I am really really tired of the group name calling and shaming.

yea me too,  like "all trump supporters are deplorable" "all gun owners support children murdered" and "all white males are privileged"..... i can bring up a lot more but i'm pretty sure this is enough

Well, I don't blame you on that. But I would think it would be a better route if you didn't add into it by doing the same thing just because. 

I pretty much cannot see any truth in something being said in such a manner. 

• Like 2

Well, I don't blame you on that. But I would think it would be a better route if you didn't add into it by doing the same thing just because. 

while i understand where you coming from and i would normal think this is the right way,  but in today reality if all you got is a reason, truth, end common sense, it wont get you to where you want to be, turning another cheek will not get you things you are after. this world has turned upside down, so the way you achieve things need to be adjusted, and liberals showed how, so now their weapon will be turned against them.

Edited by aztek

21 minutes ago, aztek said:

You're reversing cause and effect. The students made their voices heard and were offered support by an existing group (I suspect multiple). They weren't approached and coached by the group. 

The two are very different.

• Like 3

"all trump supporters are deplorable"

Not all, but most.

I hate to defend Hillary, but she was actually right about this. The majority of Trump supporters are deplorable, and I feel no shame is saying so either.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

"all gun owners support children murdered"

Of course you don't directly support children getting murdered. You're just delusional in thinking that guns play no role in gun violence. All of the statistics overwhelmingly prove that more guns = more gun violence, so for you to oppose common-sense gun control measures, you're indirectly supporting more children being murdered. Of course in your delusional mind you don't think that access to high-caliber firearms are the issue despite the facts, but regardless you're still indirectly supporting it all the same.

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

"all white males are privileged"

Overall in a general sense, we are. This doesn't mean that all white males are better off then anyone else. It just means that when you compare the statistics of white men compared to other races, we're far less likely to be arrested, do the same jail time, and be killed by cops for the same exact crimes. The same is true in other areas such landing jobs, being tipped by customers, etc. etc.

White men overall are more privileged then other minorities. That's a fact.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

while i understand where you coming from and i would normal think this is the right way,  but in today reality if all you got is a reason, truth, end common sense, it wont get you to where you want to be, turning another cheek will not get you things you are after.

I see the same reality as you do. Online, and in real life. (and these last few months certainly would have me behave in such a way) but one thing I noticed, is that getting a message across and to not have a chance of negative ramifications, is better received when there isn't a mirror type behavior, especially when it's just as harmful. I also see a reality where those who don't resort to such mirroring behaviors, are actually responded to more so over the other behavior. 

Just as, I feel, I will respect and feel the message us just, when it's put in a more respectable way. There are those, I ignore, in various areas, because of long examples in how harmful their way of saying that message. I don't have to believe what some one says in such a manner. 

Granted, that wouldn't really be a concern, but if one really wants, a least even in one person, to believe them, then it's up to them to express it in a way to do so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You're reversing cause and effect. The students made their voices heard and were offered support by an existing group (I suspect multiple). They weren't approached and coached by the group. 

It's just inconceivable to these people that teenagers are actually competent enough to mobilize a resistance on their own.

Guess that's what happens when you spend so much of the time dissin' the younger generation as 'going to hell in a hand basket'.

• Like 4

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

lol, right, i have a bridge to sell you then

It's just inconceivable to these people that teenagers are actually competent enough to mobilize a resistance on their own.

after seeing how "smart" they are from numerous videos, and from knowing quite a few such kids myself, no., i do not find it likely at all.

next thing you'll say antifa riots were just competent teens protecting on their own., 

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

Again, prove it. You haven't presented any evidence for your case because there is none.

• Like 2

Just now, aztek said:
4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Alright! How do you know? Where are you getting your information that says different? 

I'm sure, you would be able to link or list the sources that tells you why you believe what you do. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Overall in a general sense, we are. This doesn't mean that all white males are better off then anyone else. It just means that when you compare the statistics of white men compared to other races, we're far less likely to be arrested, do the same jail time, and be killed by cops for the same exact crimes. The same is true in other areas such landing jobs, being tipped by customers, etc. etc.

White men overall are more privileged then other minorities. That's a fact.

I really don't understand the push back on this.   People just aren't being honest with themselves. 

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

after seeing how "smart" they are from numerous videos, and from knowing quite a few such kids myself, no., i do not find it likely at all.

Lol, sure. Because YouTube videos and personal experiences are better at determining reality than statistics and polls any day. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Alright! How do you know? Where are you getting your information that says different? 

from real world observations,  it is hard enough to organize a school trip for a small group, even with involvement of few adults, and you think they all organised by themselves across the country , at coordinated times....  nope i do not buy it for a second, it would even be a hard task for unconnected group of adults.  if kids all over USA coordinated they would be doing it on fb or Instagram, can you see a trail of organisation there, not few messages between kid in same school or even same town, but national wide organisation, unless they can all comunicate telepathically i stand by my opinion

Edited by aztek

Lol, sure. Because YouTube videos and personal experiences are better at determining reality than statistics and polls any day. :rolleyes:

absolutely, and precisely so.