Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Systemic Corruption and Waste in Gov't

Not A Rockstar

I am still not believing this article. Does it really say he had extra TAX money and can legally just take it and buy a house with it? Did I read this right????

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alabama-sheriff-kept-dollar750k-in-funds-meant-to-feed-inmates-report/ar-BBKe6Jx?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

• Like 2

Hi,

I guess when the laws are written in a particular way, we are obligated to follow them.

John

7 minutes ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

I guess when the laws are written in a particular way, we are obligated to follow them.

John

b******s. We have a moral obligation to defy bad laws.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, seanjo said:

No, you have a moral obligation to work within the system and change them.

Yes, the Continental Congress worked well within the system to address its concerns. The Marquis worked well within the system to address its concerns. Rosa Parks worked within the system too. 

• Like 1

Drag the bad laws out into the light of day, drag them some more into the courts, and then drag them right over to the trash bin. 

Bad governmental policies should be treated in the same manner. For example, our trade deficit has been utterly horrific for the last 30 years, time to deal with that nonsense as well. 

• Like 4

The sheriff did it wrong.  Instead of buying the house with the taxpayer money, he should have just spent it in businesses he owned.  No one would complain then.  <sarcasm>

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, the Continental Congress worked well within the system to address its concerns. The Marquis worked well within the system to address its concerns. Rosa Parks worked within the system too. 

funny when same idiocy happens in a school, you have a different idea on how to deal with it.,

You record the lecture and take it to the discrimination board and the press.

how far would rosa parks get if she only wrote complaints, 

Edited by aztek

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Drag the bad laws out into the light of day, drag them some more into the courts, and then drag them right over to the trash bin. 

Bad governmental policies should be treated in the same manner. For example, our trade deficit has been utterly horrific for the last 30 years, time to deal with that nonsense as well. 

Ironic that you should mention the trade deficit.  It appears that Trump was caught on audio bragging about how me made up/lied about the trade deficit with Canada in his meeting with Trudeau.  https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/politics/trump-trudeau-trade-meeting/index.html

If he lies about it to Canada, what makes you think that he won't lie about it to his followers?  The worst part is that he seems to think that people will believe anything he says hook, line and sinker.  I wonder what other lies he has said in the past that makes him believe that.

• Like 2

people believe a lot of things he says because they are true, sure some may be not true, but no president ever told no lies.  maybe Canada lied, or both, do you think that is not possible?

i do not feel i'm being lied to,  i was lied to when i was told i can keep my policy and my doctor, that 1 lie affected more people in bad way than all alleged lies trump said so far combined

Edited by aztek

32 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If he lies about it to Canada, what makes you think that he won't lie about it to his followers?  The worst part is that he seems to think that people will believe anything he says hook, line and sinker.  I wonder what other lies he has said in the past that makes him believe that.

How many world leaders are thinking "if he'll lie to Canada and brag about it why should I trust him?" 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

people believe a lot of things he says because they are true, sure some may be not true, but no president ever told no lies.  maybe Canada lied, or both, do you think that is not possible?

i do not feel i'm being lied to,  i was lied to when i was told i can keep my policy and my doctor

Somehow, I doubt that you were on Obamacare.

For the lying thing.  Integrity is very important for leaders especially the president.  America is only as honest as our leaders.   Are we really to the point where we are proud of the fact that nothing we say is to be trusted?  That our word is meaningless?  Would it be okay for you then if our leaders lie when they take the oath of office?  Should North Korea even bother to make an agreement with us to get rid of their nukes? 

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Somehow, I doubt that you were on Obamacare.

For the lying thing.  Integrity is very important for leaders especially the president.  

no i was not, but it was still a lie that affected millions.

correction, illusion of integrity for show.  all politicians lie, no one trusts anyone's word in politics.  lets be real.  any word from any leader is a potential lie until proven otherwise,.

Just now, Gromdor said:

Should North Korea even bother to make an agreement with us to get rid of their nukes? 

because agreement have clauses that say what happens when they are not followed, no one makes agreements without such.  no one takes anyone's word in politics.

we all know used car salesmen are liers, yet we buy cars from them anyway, why?

Edited by aztek

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

because agreement have clauses that say what happens when they are not followed, no one makes agreements without such. 

Trump has a long established reputation of weasling out of deals, even with said agreements. 

Reports: Donald Trump stiffs contractors 

He can do so because he is the more powerful party in the agreement between he and contractors.  

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Trump has a long established reputation of weasling out of deals, even with said agreements. 

Reports: Donald Trump stiffs contractors 

He can do so because he is the more powerful party in the agreement between he and contractors.  

he has a long reputation of not paying for jobs that were not done right, i do that too sometimes at work. nothing wrong with that, otherwise they will walk all over you, that is how it is in construction business,

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

he has a long reputation of not paying for jobs that were not done right, i do that to sometimes at work. nothing wrong with that

We've established that he is a liar and yet you're taking his word that the jobs weren't done right :lol:

Just now, Farmer77 said:

We've established that he is a liar and yet you're taking his word that the jobs weren't done right :lol:

correction, you convinced yourself he is a liar, and i'm not taking his word for it, i base it on my 20 years experience in construction field in nyc.

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, aztek said:

and i'm not taking his word for it, i base it on my 20 years experience in construction in nyc.

LOL no unless you worked with the exact same people he is screwing over you are doing nothing more than taking his word for it 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

LOL no unless you worked with the exact same people he is screwing over you are doing nothing more than taking his word for it 

lol, sure thing, 

btw maybe i did work with same people, in 20 years i dealt with hundreds of contractors.

Edited by aztek

6 hours ago, aztek said:

funny when same idiocy happens in a school, you have a different idea on how to deal with it.,

how far would rosa parks get if she only wrote complaints, 

A man can change his mind.

• Like 1

Back when I was at my first duty station in the military we had this officer who was in charge of the money set aside for our unit. There always is one who does this on the side. At the end of the fiscal year he had an overage he was proud to turn back in. He saw it as he had done his job well, covered all our needs and stayed in budget and had some cash to turn back.

Instead of any praise he got rammed for not making sure we had spent all of it because in the next year we would get cut because we had had enough.

It is THIS which sinks the budget along with over spending to buy votes in Washington. If they ran it with less of a non-profit attitude and started trying to make sense we would be better off. That sheriff needs to be removed from office and that money needs to come back out of his hide. Law or not he betrayed the trust of Joe Average in his county IMO. Cops work to a higher standard. 

It is just a crying shame our politicians do not.

• Like 3