Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British troops to get anthrax vaccinations

Still Waters

Thousands of British soldiers are to be vaccinated against anthrax poisoning in a direct response to the recent nerve agent attack in Salisbury.

The announcement is part of a range of measures that will be announced by the Defence Secretary on Thursday, including £48m that will be invested to create a "cutting-edge" Chemical Weapons Defence Centre at Porton Down in Wiltshire.

"We know the chemical threat doesn't just come from Russia but from others. "I made the decision to offer the anthrax vaccine to our high-readiness forces providing them with vital protection against a deadly danger."

https://news.sky.com/story/spy-attack-british-troops-to-be-vaccinated-against-anthrax-poisoning-11290201

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• stevewinn

• Finity

• Still Waters

Well this is just plain scary...makes me wonder what British intelligence is telling them about future potential attacks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Well this is just plain scary...makes me wonder what British intelligence is telling them about future potential attacks. 

From the 6th March.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2018/march/06/180306-toxic-storm-for-royal-marines-in-major-chemical-exercise

I suspect this is related to the suspect packages which were received recently.

Though I know a lot will refuse it (it's voluntary) as the jab can have nasty side effects. You really don't want unless your going in to a situation where it's a real risk.

Edited by Finity