Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plane loses its $368 million cargo of gold

Still Waters

Gems and precious metals rain over Russia’s coldest region as police and secret services stage emergency search.

The plane with ten tons of gold, platinum and diamonds lost part of its cargo after taking off from Yakutsk airport today. 

More rained down as the aircraft gained height. 

The Nimbus Airlines AN-12 cargo plane hit problems during takeoff; the treasures fell out of the hold all over the runway. 

The plane then dropped some bars of gold as far as 26 kilometres from the airport. 

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/plane-loses-its-368-million-cargo-of-gold-platinum-and-diamonds-on-takeoff/

• Like 9

You'd think Vlad would have had a more secure way of moving some of his savings... :unsure2:

• Like 4

That's small change to the Mighty Vlad, he keeps the good stuff in his panties ...

~

• Like 3

Latest:

The company owning the treasure said it had been all recovered - nine tons of gold and silver alloy called doré bars.

Yet there is another question too: what happened to the diamonds and platinum originally reported as being in the cargo? 

And police in Yakutsk reported only 3.5 tons is recovered: so what about the rest? 

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/gold-rush-in-24c-to-find-the-368-million-treasures-that-fell-from-back-of-plane/

• Like 2

I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 4

I wonder how much of that was actually gold. one of those ingots looked like cast iron and the other was so covered in white stuff I couldn't tell. I somehow doubt that the Russian authorities would allow civilians to pick up the lost contents. and would the military be alloyed to  take photos for the web?  I wish someone would drop a few ingots of gold or a few hundred gold coins in my yard. >Sigh<

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

Platinum was also involved.

I thought platinum was silvery, not black or white. thanks for the update.

Guys, it's part of that alien space ship, that Vlad has been hiding from us ! ....aaand the tin foil hat goes off again...