Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Illegal Immigrant Appointed

aztek

For the first time in California's history, the state has appointed an undocumented resident to a statewide post, announcing the decision just a day after President Donald Trump attacked its immigration approach during a visit to San Diego.

The decision made by the Senate Rules Committee on Wednesday saw Lizbeth Mateo, a 33-year-old attorney and immigrant rights activist, appointed to serve on a committee that helps increase college access for students from low-income or underserved communities. 

In announcing the decision, Senate President pro tempore Kevin de León appeared to recognize the move as an act of defiance in the face of the Trump administration's current immigration crackdown. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-undocumented-immigrant-appointed-state-122408144.html

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

For the first time in California's history, the state has appointed an undocumented resident to a statewide post, announcing the decision just a day after President Donald Trump attacked its immigration approach during a visit to San Diego.

The decision made by the Senate Rules Committee on Wednesday saw Lizbeth Mateo, a 33-year-old attorney and immigrant rights activist, appointed to serve on a committee that helps increase college access for students from low-income or underserved communities. 

In announcing the decision, Senate President pro tempore Kevin de León appeared to recognize the move as an act of defiance in the face of the Trump administration's current immigration crackdown. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-undocumented-immigrant-appointed-state-122408144.html

Hahaha I hate it for practical reasons but love it for the aneurysm its bound to cause Trump and company :lol:

Think ill pop some popcorn and watch the responses 

• Like 4

an illegal appointed to a state position, that makes a mockery of gvmnt. if gvmnt ignores laws it is not a gvmnt anymore, great move CA,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, aztek said:

an illegal appointed to a state position, that makes a mockery of gvmnt. if gvmnt ignores laws it is not a gvmnt anymore, great move CA,

Either these people are truly stupid or they are so hate-filled that they're blinded to the damage they're doing.  They are establishing "legal" precedent that is going to come back and bite them when the next "Progressive" candidate wins the presidency.  By basically engaging in nullification, they pave the way for non-progressives to ignore that administration's dictates, even laws.  They actually are arrogant enough to suppose that they can ignore the law but demand that others obey the laws they agree with.  A day is coming, if cooler heads don't prevail, when this country will become so divided that we will literally be at war with each other.

• Like 6

Just now, and then said:

Either these people are truly stupid or they are so hate-filled that they're blinded to the damage they're doing.  They are establishing "legal" precedent that is going to come back and bite them when the next "Progressive" candidate wins the presidency.  By basically engaging in nullification, they pave the way for non-progressives to ignore that administration's dictates, even laws.  They actually are arrogant enough to suppose that they can ignore the law but demand that others obey the laws they agree with.  A day is coming, if cooler heads don't prevail, when this country will become so divided that we will literally be at war with each other.

yea pretty much, trump should return Ca to mexico,

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, and then said:

They actually are arrogant enough to suppose that they can ignore the law but demand that others obey the laws they agree with. 

Sounds like the white house. 

• Like 2

you are walking free, no? if wh was anything like that, they would armrest every one on dispensary lists. since it is technically still a federal offence in entire usa

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

you are walking free, no? if wh was anything like that, they would armrest every one on dispensary lists. since it is technically still a federal offence in entire usa

Well I was referring to things like the emoluments clause, tax regulations, national security regulations, the J20 fiasco etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Well I was referring to things like the emoluments clause, tax regulations, national security regulations, the J20 fiasco etc. 

lol, love nothingburgers? 

Just now, aztek said:

lol, love nothingburgers? 

Sure its a nothingburger 

I like that you don't deny that its happening, you just denigrate it because "your people" are the ones doing it. Clearly the folks in office are the right ones for you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, sure thing,. now lets get back to illegal appointed for state gvmnt,.

Yes please do 

• Like 1

Almost nothing about Commifornia surprises me anymore. From the way they handle wildlife management to curbing crime to word-policing, that State's motto should be ":lol:Feelings > Everything! :tu:"

It would be different if Cali was an island but unfortunately every ludicrous policy they enact creates ripples that flow in to the rest of the country.

• Like 2

It's hands down illegal for a non American citizen to hold a state office. CA is just plain defying the law. I think the Federal Government needs to take similar actions as back in the 1960's when certain southern states refused to comply with Federal law and give African American citizens equal civil rights. This nonsense has gone on long enough, only America citizens vote, only American citizens hold state office. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Lilly said:

It's hands down illegal for a non American citizen to hold a state office. CA is just plain defying the law. I think the Federal Government needs to take similar actions as back in the 1960's when certain southern states refused to comply with Federal law and give African American citizens equal civil rights. This nonsense has gone on long enough, only America citizens vote, only American citizens hold state office. 

I happen to come from one of the states that tried to flout the will of the Federal government.  I remember George Wallace well, shook his hand as a kid at a 4th of July event.  He was WRONG for defying the laws on integration and eventually he realized it, apologized for it and was elected again WITH the black vote.  

While I don't agree that the states should all be subject to every whim of the central government, it IS the standard we've lived by since the South's attempt at Nullification in the 1860's.  I believe you are correct but I also believe that the governor of Cali would create a Constitutional crisis by refusing to allow his National Guard troops to be Federalized.  If Trump attempts to ENFORCE the laws, there would be violence and it might escalate.  Of course, I could be wrong but I don't put anything past people who have the level of hatred that these Leftists do today.  It's reached the point of raving irrationality.

• Like 4

So a foreign National now holds a high level state position who’s specialty is, let’s not sugar coat it, promoting the abuse of our resources to provide free rides for other illegal aliens. At what point are Californian officials held accountable for their criminal behavior? Sanctuary cities, mayors alerting illegal aliens of ICE raids, this thing and who knows what else.

• Like 6

I live in California. It used to be unbelievable. Now it's effingUNBELIEVABLE!

• Like 1

Could someone explain to me why, if this woman's immigration status is 'illegal', she hasn't been arrested and charged with the relevant crime?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Does this not only apply to an elected office? Genuinely curious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Could someone explain to me why, if this woman's immigration status is 'illegal', she hasn't been arrested and charged with the relevant crime?

Because she lives in California.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Does this not only apply to an elected office? Genuinely curious.

Fair question but I have to assume it applies to all government employees.

• Like 2

1. Do I have to be a US citizen to work for the State?

Generally, only a few State jobs (mostly peace officers) require U.S. citizenship. You must have the necessary work visas and meet all requirements set forth by the Immigration and Naturalization Service to be eligible to work in the United States.

https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHRPublic/GeneralInfo/FAQS.aspx