Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kansas commissioner attacks atheists

GoldenWolf

On 21/03/2018 at 6:38 PM, Scudbuster said:

Oh yea, I wonder who that darkness" really was.......and still is:

Extortion of Christianity .jpg

What straw man are you attacking these days, Scudbuster?

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit

On 3/20/2018 at 2:48 PM, Doug1o29 said:

Inasmuch as a public prayer is nothing more than someone running his mouth, it little matters how the atheistist does it.

My own choice would be for a minute of silence.  If one prays in his heart, then he need not speak aloud.  If he doesn't pray in his heart, then he SHOULDN'T speak aloud.

Doug

That is what I grew up to in the school system I was in. It was a moment of silence. I knew it was primarily for the children of religious, so they can silently pray. But since, (and I feel understandingly) that religion, shouldn't be endorsed in public schools, a moment of silence is what is a compromise. Being from a secular family, I used it to have a moment to mentally prepare for the day. 

Frankly, in my opinion, when there were (and still are in some areas) places that have opened with prayers(usual from a particular religion) and it has been a tradition, I think that 'tradition' started with the thought of opening a can of worms. Something, that is now having the hard work to work in the laws and appease everyone. 

The individual in the OP, should realize how quickly he can be 'offended' and thought ill toward and see how he feels. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2018 at 3:38 PM, Scudbuster said:

Oh yea, I wonder who that darkness" really was.......and still is:

Extortion of Christianity .jpg

Abrahamic desert religions are, and always have been, circular in their reasoning. That's what happens when you spend more time worrying about the afterlife than the real life.

• Like 1