Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This happened to me... 3/14/18

Gelums

So after all this happened, I woke myself up and wrote everything in a group chat with my friends. Later that day I redited it to the best of my understanding and memory. When I look back at it now, it's just like.. how? Btw, I wasn't on anything.

Here's the story.

So I woke up early today right, I still felt tired so I decided to lay there with my hands on my chest and my eyes closed. My mind is awake and after a while I start hearing this ringing noise. I felt like I could control this ringing in my ears, making it louder and focus on making one side louder. As I do this longer my body starts feeling heavier, pressed and numb. I remember my hands were on my chest and it feels difficult to move them, so I try hard to move them and they finally move and I wake up, with a rush of goosebumps all over my body. I close my eyes again, after a while the feeling comes back. It feels like I'm getting deeper into something but im like afraid to go deeper into whatever it is. This entire time I was afraid of loosing my  hearing, as I made the ringing louder the deeper I felt. I did this about 4-5 times until the last time when the ringing was at a peak and then I saw what looked like pictures being fliped in a book, it was changing really fast like those old tape films. I thought in my head, "is that a face?" I wasn't too sure what I was seeing, it was all changing so fast. I really began to get nervous so I tried really hard to look away into different areas.

I'm not sure what it was, but I learned that the the more I focused on the ringing, the more heaver, numb I felt and the feeling of I was getting "deeper." Until I woke up barely being able to move with this rush of goosebumps all over my body. The main thing I was afraid of which stuck to the back of my mind was going deaf from this ringing.

After staying awake and writing this all down I went back to laying down, closing my eyes and then I remembered a dream which started all this are happened in between I'm not sure.

So I was at this house and I was standing at the top of it's stairs and my grandma was over a ledge above the stairs. She was holding something white, I strongly believe it was a chicken. She threw the chick down the down and I kept asking myself, "is that a real chicken?" Everything was slowed as I watched this chicken hit the stairs and tumbled down slowly. In my head I kept asking myself, "is that real?" It finally landed on the bottom of the stairs and sat there motion less but I still felt it was real, I then felt like with my mind I could make this chicken move because I knew it had to be real. So I focused on the chicken really hard and I felt like I was getting closer, as I got closer the chicken began mishapping and the ringing began while everything around the chicken began to blur...then I woke up.

Edited by Gelums
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gelums said:

So after all this happened, I woke myself up and wrote everything in a group chat with my friends. Later that day I redited it to the best of my understanding and memory. When I look back at it now, it's just like.. how? Btw, I wasn't on anything.

Here's the story.

So I woke up early today right, I still felt tired so I decided to lay there with my hands on my chest and my eyes closed. My mind is awake and after a while I start hearing this ringing noise. I felt like I could control this ringing in my ears, making it louder and focus on making one side louder. As I do this longer my body starts feeling heavier, pressed and numb. I remember my hands were on my chest and it feels difficult to move them, so I try hard to move them and they finally move and I wake up, with a rush of goosebumps all over my body. I close my eyes again, after a while the feeling comes back. It feels like I'm getting deeper into something but im like afraid to go deeper into whatever it is. This entire time I was afraid of loosing my  hearing, as I made the ringing louder the deeper I felt. I did this about 4-5 times until the last time when the ringing was at a peak and then I saw what looked like pictures being fliped in a book, it was changing really fast like those old tape films. I thought in my head, "is that a face?" I wasn't too sure what I was seeing, it was all changing so fast. I really began to get nervous so I tried really hard to look away into different areas.

I'm not sure what it was, but I learned that the the more I focused on the ringing, the more heaver, numb I felt and the feeling of I was getting "deeper." Until I woke up barely being able to move with this rush of goosebumps all over my body. The main thing I was afraid of which stuck to the back of my mind was going deaf from this ringing.

After staying awake and writing this all down I went back to laying down, closing my eyes and then I remembered a dream which started all this are happened in between I'm not sure.

So I was at this house and I was standing at the top of it's stairs and my grandma was over a ledge above the stairs. She was holding something white, I strongly believe it was a chicken. She threw the chick down the down and I kept asking myself, "is that a real chicken?" Everything was slowed as I watched this chicken hit the stairs and tumbled down slowly. In my head I kept asking myself, "is that real?" It finally landed on the bottom of the stairs and sat there motion less but I still felt it was real, I then felt like with my mind I could make this chicken move because I knew it had to be real. So I focused on the chicken really hard and I felt like I was getting closer, as I got closer the chicken began mishapping and the ringing began while everything around the chicken began to blur...then I woke up.

You are learning to slip into altered states of consciousness. Sometimes it's ringing, sometimes it's a buzzing sound, sometimes it sounds like intense white noise or extreme wind. This is when you are transitioning and falling deeper. It's good that you already have a measure of control. This will be helpful for you to control where you land. 

On March 16, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Gelums said:

Here's the story.

Welcome to the forum, really good 1st post!

I feel you did all the right things: Reality Check, Documentation, Question.

You say: 'I could make this chicken move because I knew it had to be real.'

I doubt you meant that literally, you were aware of this being a lucid dream and this awareness lead you to hypnopompia.

Amazing experience on your part, well done!

• 2 months later...

I think you know what this meant. What do you feel this meant? The first thing that came to mind.