Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romanian court tells man he's not alive

Still Waters

A Romanian court has rejected a man’s claim that he is alive, after he was officially registered as dead.

A court spokeswoman said on Friday that 63-year-old Constantin Reliu lost his case in the north-east city of Vasului because he appealed too late. The ruling is final.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/16/romanian-court-tells-man-hes-not-alive/431622002/

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: said:

So, that makes him the first confirmed zombie then?

You've obviously never been to Glasgow.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You've obviously never been to Glasgow.

Right you are! :P

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

I guess he doesn't have to pay taxes anymore.....

Ideal!

• Like 3

Your appeal to be alive is too late so you are dead - (though you are clearly alive). Unbelievable. Bureaucracy gone mad.

But of the positives listed above it seems this will cause practical difficulties for the man - like getting benefits, housing , maybe even  a job, or a loan or anything on HP.

come to think about - it is probably sufficient grounds for divorce.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

His wife is a necro philiac...  :innocent:

Edited by Herr Falukorv
  • Like 2

Nothing special. Those who are born on mountains and forests have no birth certificate are also not officially alive.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, FlyingAngel said:

Nothing special. Those who are born on mountains and forests have no birth certificate are also not officially alive.

But they're not declared dead.

• Like 6

Maybe he can get a job as a zombie in AMC's The Walking Dead.:w00t:

22 hours ago, :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: said:

So, that makes him the first confirmed zombie then?

It's Romania, and your first choice is zombie?

• Like 3

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, ChaosRose said:

It's Romania, and your first choice is zombie?

Well, the article wasn't actually describing a Strigoi. :P

• Like 1

I had a customer at a US bank go though the same thing! 

The undertaker reported a dead man's Social Security number one digit wrong that happened to be his number! 

The credit bureaus kept reporting him as dead. He had to dispute it constantly with all of them about every two months in order to receive his social security direct deposit to his account. Luckily he never had to apply for a loan LOL. 

When my father passed away my mother sent a copy of his death certificate and a letter asking for his name to be removed from future bills.

They replied saying his name could not be removed as he needs to sign for this to be authorised.

My mother did not go through a medium to obtain his signature, she phoned the eletricity company and asked them how they thought she should go about getting it......obviously they realised a mistake had been made.

Like the story above, this is not just a mistake....it is stupidity at its highest level. 

• Like 2

Surely common sense must prevail...he is stood there, living and breathing, how the hell can a judgement that he is dead still stand in a court of law?....Surely this makes a mockery of itself?

Ah well like other have said, at least he doesn't have to pay taxes any more, and is he is stopped by the Police, he can just say, sorry officer can't help you I'm dead and walk away.....what crime could he be tried for? can you imagine the court scene?....

"The defendant is charged with three counts of robbery and one count of indecent exposure in a supermarket....has the defence anything to say in the defendants favour?"

"Yes your honour - my client is dead therefore cannot be found guilty of these crimes"

"Erm....case dismissed *shrug*"

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 5:44 PM, Piney said:

I guess he doesn't have to pay taxes anymore.....

Not even death can save us from taxes. Sad truth. Thanks for good and healthy laugh man :D

Dunno how it is in your country but here we pay kind of subscription for graveyard spot, since early childhood (in my case it's 32 years of small fee but multiply it with [32x12] and you get nice amount of money, multiply that with population number and you get angry if you think critically). Nonetheless, 'they' make us pay more money aside form what we already gave.

And when the day comes it's usually banks and loans which provide decent burial because that subscription ''wasn't enough''. So many people fear death only because they know that it will became burden to their family to bury them properly. I dunno how did we get to this really.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Not even death can save us from taxes. Sad truth. Thanks for good and healthy laugh man :D

Dunno how it is in your country but here we pay kind of subscription for graveyard spot, since early childhood (in my case it's 32 years of small fee but multiply it with [32x12] and you get nice amount of money, multiply that with population number and you get angry if you think critically). Nonetheless, 'they' make us pay more money aside form what we already gave.

And when the day comes it's usually banks and loans which provide decent burial because that subscription ''wasn't enough''. So many people fear death only because they know that it will became burden to their family to bury them properly. I dunno how did we get to this really.

I was born into a Quaker Meeting so my burial is free,or should I say paid for by the Meeting.

• Like 2

If they don't think he is alive ask them to prick in him a needle and say now do dead men bleed? Idk but for some reason that little parable comes to mind when I see this story except its reversed.