Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Director Andrew McCabe Fired

Aquila King

I'm awaiting the IG report but this article makes a very good point. 

The Only Relevant Known Fact About McCabe’s Firing Is That He Is a Key Witness Against Trump

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe would be one of the top two or three key witnesses in any obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump. On Friday, Trump’s Attorney General Jeff Sessions destroyed McCabe professionally in a way that could ruin his reputation for telling the truth.

These are the most important things to remember after Sessions fired McCabe for an undefined failure to be forthcoming during an investigation of his role in the bureau’s work on the Hillary Clinton email scandal and related inquiries.

The report documenting McCabe’s alleged misconduct was not made public. Instead, Sessions released a statement with vague assertions of wrongdoing. McCabe was subject to a Department of Justice inspector general’s report about his conduct, reportedly as it pertained to leaks to the Wall Street Journal about the FBI’s Clinton investigation at the height of the 2016 election. Michael Horowitz, the department’s IG who would have issued the report, is an Obama appointee with a sterling reputation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Will Due said:

This is just the beginning.

I'll predict that when it's all over, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will end up in the sweep net of justice.

I doubt it. They're "above the law". The Hollywood and media love fest with Hillary and Obama will continue. That would be the case even if both of them drowned puppies on live TV.

I need more information. I'll wait until the dust settles before I say this or that. I feel sorry for the guy since he was fired right before his birthday (the big 5-0), as well as right before his retirement, which *may* eliminate his pension. At times like this, I wish that the Democratic Party had nominated Jim Webb.

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

That's actually a very good point. By Sessions' own definition, this is a conflict of interest for him.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I need more information. I'll wait until the dust settles before I say this or that. I feel sorry for the guy since he was fired right before his birthday (the big 5-0), as well as right before his retirement, which *may* eliminate his pension. At times like this, I wish that the Democratic Party had nominated Jim Webb.

He still has his pension. It's just medical benefits and other extras that have been taken from him.

I'm sure having a millionaire doctor for a wife should offset the blow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He still has his pension. It's just medical benefits and other extras that have been taken from him.

I'm sure having a millionaire doctor for a wife should offset the blow.

Thanks for the information. I was about to start a Go Fund Me page for him.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Comey told 3 FBI officials about his conversations with Trump — all 3 have now been forced out or reassigned

Like I said, must just be a massive coincidence. Nothing shady at all going on.

Meanwhile, from another ex-director (CIA):

Yeah the dems are freaking out (what else is new?) they are probably terrified that McCabe will be taking a lot of them down with him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That's actually a very good point. By Sessions' own definition, this is a conflict of interest for him.

Remove the FBI's own recommendation and you would have a great point. If Sessions ignored the FBI recommendation he wouldn't have been doing his job.   

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah the dems are freaking out (what else is new?) they are probably terrified that McCabe will be taking a lot of them down with him.

Brennon has always been an independent and served under both Republicans and Democrats. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Brennon has always been an independent and served under both Republicans and Democrats. 

That doesn't impress me much Gromdor. Most republicans and democrats have been working for the same team for a very long time. And it isn't team America. I trust almost no one in our entire government. A very small handful. That used to include a couple good democrats, but they were run out of town.  

BTW there is no such thing as a Independent for the most part. Talk to any of them and they are clearly on one side or the other. Might not be completely sold in one ideology, but for the most part they are.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm awaiting the IG report but this article makes a very good point. 

The Only Relevant Known Fact About McCabe’s Firing Is That He Is a Key Witness Against Trump

I think McCabe can still appeal. 

I also think that when he said he had permission from his boss to leak, Comey was his boss. Remember it was Comey that came out on television about the Hillary emails being an open case 2 weeks before the election. 

I never understood why Comey did that since it's against FBI standards. 

I would imagine that statement of his boss Comey, could put Comey in another Mueller investigation since Comey testimony said that he didn't authorize any leaks. Perjury! 

But AG also perjured himself too saying he didn't meet with certain Russians when he did. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That doesn't impress me much Gromdor. Most republicans and democrats have been working for the same team for a very long time. And it isn't team America. I trust almost no one in our entire government. A very small handful. That used to include a couple good democrats, but they were run out of town.  

BTW there is no such thing as a Independent for the most part. Talk to any of them and they are clearly on one side or the other. Might not be completely sold in one ideology, but for the most part they are.

What about Manchin and Webb? Both of them are "good Democrats", in my opinion. Kucinich is one of the good guys, but I disagree with a lot of his views. Gabbard is an asset for all Americans as she sees through the war hawks' (both parties) plans for endless, needless military conflicts. There still are good Democrats in Washington. Some of them are much better than neoconservatives and RINOs from the Establishment (E) Party. Unfortunately, the Democrat "stars" are the pits, race-baiting creeps who hate anyone they can't use. Lamb's victory *may* show a change in direction for Democrats as they get back to where they once were.    

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 7:25 PM, Will Due said:

This is just the beginning.

I'll predict that when it's all over, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will end up in the sweep net of justice.

It would require a long and bloody Civil War to make that happen. 

Too many people have too much free stuff at stake to just let that happen, and then you have Putin owning 20% of America's Uranium thanks to them.

Tears are being shed for McCabe? Oh, what a shame that being a liar and a cheat cost some 49 year-old the chance to retire as a multi-millionare, BOO_HOO!  :D

• Like 1

Here's a suggestion.

In order to quell the rampant and out of control of behavior of corrupt government representatives and appointees, change the law and make the penalty for betraying the public trust; execution. 

• Like 2

I believe Andrew McCabe will soon be under criminal indictment based on his lawyer's statement re. the parts of the OIG report he was not allowed to see.  In a termination of employment case the accused is allowed to see all the evidence against him or her, unless said evidence is part of a criminal investigation.  We now know that the Attorney General has appointed a DoJ prosecutor, who apparently is working in parallel with the OiG, from outside the swamp to investigate all this mess.  McCabe's lawyer posted the following statements:

The investigation described in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) report was cleaved off from the larger investigation of which it was a part, its completion expedited, and the disciplinary process completed in a little over a week. Mr. McCabe and his counsel were given limited access to a draft of the OIG report late last month, did not see the final report and the evidence on which it is based until a week ago, and were receiving relevant exculpatory evidence as recently as two days ago. (pdf link)

and this

Within the Office of Professional Responsibility guidelines for Attorney Representation you might also note the following (again, emphasis mine):

The majority of OPR investigations are administrative in nature, and employees are not entitled to counsel as a matter of law. However, counsel may be permitted if counsel does not interfere with or delay the interview. Counsel must be actually retained by the employee as his legal representative, not as an observer. Counsel are not permitted access to certain confidential criminal investigative information and may not be permitted access to grand jury information.. (link)

From this blog -

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/18/mccabe-firing-shows-evidence-of-ig-and-outside-prosecutor-working-together/

Backing Andy McCabe right now, like the MSM and democrats are doing (although they are realizing it was a mistake and are quickly backing away), is going to blow up in their faces when this man's activities finally come to light.  This mystery prosecutor will not make themselves known until the OIG finishes his investigation and drops his report so that prosecutor can start subpoenaing people without impeding the IG investigation.  

BTW, McCabe did NOT lose his pension, he lost the right to access it at an early age.  He will have to wait until he is in his 60's to do so now, but he may be in jail while doing so. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I believe Andrew McCabe will soon be under criminal indictment based on his lawyer's statement re. the parts of the OIG report he was not allowed to see.  In a termination of employment case the accused is allowed to see all the evidence against him or her, unless said evidence is part of a criminal investigation.  We now know that the Attorney General has appointed a DoJ prosecutor, who apparently is working in parallel with the OiG, from outside the swamp to investigate all this mess.  McCabe's lawyer posted the following statements:

The investigation described in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) report was cleaved off from the larger investigation of which it was a part, its completion expedited, and the disciplinary process completed in a little over a week. Mr. McCabe and his counsel were given limited access to a draft of the OIG report late last month, did not see the final report and the evidence on which it is based until a week ago, and were receiving relevant exculpatory evidence as recently as two days ago. (pdf link)

and this

Within the Office of Professional Responsibility guidelines for Attorney Representation you might also note the following (again, emphasis mine):

The majority of OPR investigations are administrative in nature, and employees are not entitled to counsel as a matter of law. However, counsel may be permitted if counsel does not interfere with or delay the interview. Counsel must be actually retained by the employee as his legal representative, not as an observer. Counsel are not permitted access to certain confidential criminal investigative information and may not be permitted access to grand jury information.. (link)

From this blog -

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/18/mccabe-firing-shows-evidence-of-ig-and-outside-prosecutor-working-together/

Backing Andy McCabe right now, like the MSM and democrats are doing (although they are realizing it was a mistake and are quickly backing away), is going to blow up in their faces when this man's activities finally come to light.  This mystery prosecutor will not make themselves known until the OIG finishes his investigation and drops his report so that prosecutor can start subpoenaing people without impeding the IG investigation.  

BTW, McCabe did NOT lose his pension, he lost the right to access it at an early age.  He will have to wait until he is in his 60's to do so now, but he may be in jail while doing so. 

You're really reaching on this one Merc, even for you. What's your agenda? 

Hank

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

What about Manchin and Webb? Both of them are "good Democrats", in my opinion. Kucinich is one of the good guys, but I disagree with a lot of his views. Gabbard is an asset for all Americans as she sees through the war hawks' (both parties) plans for endless, needless military conflicts. There still are good Democrats in Washington. Some of them are much better than neoconservatives and RINOs from the Establishment (E) Party. Unfortunately, the Democrat "stars" are the pits, race-baiting creeps who hate anyone they can't use. Lamb's victory *may* show a change in direction for Democrats as they get back to where they once were.    

That's true, and hopefully will be the case. Now we will see if he was lying.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Hu? How is he reaching? Seems like some pretty strong evidence to me. His agenda is the truth about McCabe most likely being under investigation for criminal offenses. What's not to get?

• Like 1

And oh how awesome would that be? If McCabe thinks he might do some serious time, he is going to sing like a song bird.

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Why do I have to have an agenda to try and explain a mystery?  There has to be a reason for his lawyer NOT getting all the relevant OIG report and also for why this suddenly became such a priority for the OPR.  Think about it,  the OPR has known about McCabes leaking for months but did nothing then suddenly, and in conjunction with a release of informatioon from the OIG (who is obligated to inform the Attorney General when criminakl activity is found in the course of an  investigation) they recommend that McCabe be fired immediately.  Seriously?  Just for leaking which half the democrats investigating are doing?  I'm betting McCabe will be indicted by the "outside of DC" prosecutor soon after Horowitz dross his report which is imminent.  

Regardless, right or wrong, we wil all have many this is all coming to a head wihin the next month or less I am guessing.

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

the OIG (who is obligated to inform the Attorney General when criminakl activity is found in the course of an  investigation) they recommend that McCabe be fired immediately. 

This is the most telling piece we've seen so far. The IG's report will be out in a month then it will be clear what the motive for firing Mr McCabe was. 

What I'm wondering is: Who is going to be trying to shove who 'under the bus' during the next month? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

This is the most telling piece we've seen so far. The IG's report will be out in a month then it will be clear what the motive for firing Mr McCabe was. 

What I'm wondering is: Who is going to be trying to shove who 'under the bus' during the next month? 

I am thinking a month at most as well because Trump announced a big speeh will be given around a month from now and subsequenly hired Joe DiGenova, who is very astute at explaining this whole mess (see those 3 videos I linked awhile ago and will link below again), to be his "spokesman" or go between for all that is this scandal.  As far as knowing all that McCabe was guilty of, if it ws criminal then Horowitz will not include that evidence in his publicly released report as it will be material to what the "not from DC" prosecutor will be charging him with (supposition on my part of course).   I'd expect we will not read about it until an indictment is issued which I am guessing will be shortly after the OIG report is released.  

Three short videos explaining this mess.  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/24/the-doj-and-fbi-abuse-of-the-fisa-court-three-part-video-series/

11 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That's true, and hopefully will be the case. Now we will see if he was lying.

My guess is that some candidates are fed up with the direction and the leadership of the DNC. They want moderates to take the place of extremists. They realize that they can't do well if they alienate half of the country. There may be a silent coup within the party.  

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

The agenda is to discredit a witness in the obstruction of justice case 

Oh and maybe a little payback?

Andrew McCabe Investigated Jeff Sessions About Russian Contacts Months Before Sessions Sacked Him: ABC News

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions sacked former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, for “lack of candor,” McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when he testified about his contacts with Russian operatives, ABC News reports Wednesday.

• Like 1