Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Director Andrew McCabe Fired

Aquila King

Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe late Friday, less than two days shy of his retirement, ending the career of an official who had risen to serve as second-in-command at the bureau.

McCabe had more recently been regularly taunted by President Donald Trump and besieged by accusations that he had misled internal investigators at the Justice Department.
McCabe had been expected to retire this Sunday, on his 50th birthday, when he would have become eligible to receive early retirement benefits.
But Friday's termination could place a portion of his anticipated pension, earned after more than two decades of service, in significant jeopardy.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/politics/andrew-mccabe-fired/index.html

This is just the beginning.

I'll predict that when it's all over, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will end up in the sweep net of justice.

• Like 2

Monkey boy wants someone to tackle  the pot "problem?" and ignore the corporate dope dealers and the dirty doctors who push their trash...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Monkey boy wants someone to tackle  the pot "problem?" and ignore the corporate dope dealers and the dirty doctors who push their trash...

Now, now.  I think his official nickname is "Mr. Magoo".

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I'll predict that when it's all over, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will end up in the sweep net of justice.

More of your fantastic fantasies? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now, now.  I think his official nickname is "Mr. Magoo".

He's certainly blind.

Blinded by the opioid czars' cash that is....

• Like 1

He fired the guy, just two days before he would receive early retirement benefits. The dude lost his over two-decade long pension.

Regardless of politics, I don't wish this on anyone. Does no one have the least bit of common decency or remorse?...

• Like 4

Just now, Aquila King said:

He fired the guy, just two days before he would receive early retirement benefits. The dude lost his over two-decade long pension.

Regardless of politics, I don't wish this on anyone. Does no one have the least bit of common decency or remorse?...

Eh, he didn't quite lose it all.  He gets most at the regular retirement age.  But he does lose out on an LEO multiplier and some sweet healthcare stuff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, he didn't quite lose it all.  He gets most at the regular retirement age.  But he does lose out on an LEO multiplier and some sweet healthcare stuff. 

Regardless, you'd think they could've at least waited just 2 damn days. There's no reason not to under the circumstances. It's just senselessly hateful.

• Like 3

Welcome to the real world. This happens to "regular" people every day. They don't have huge bank accounts to fall back on either.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Welcome to the real world. This happens to "regular" people every day. They don't have huge bank accounts to fall back on either.

I'm not denying that. It still doesn't mean it's okay.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The great "Toys R Us fiasco" as the board of directors bail in their jets to their offshore accounts and island homes....

• Like 3

The most petty govt in American history. This has Trump insecurity written all over it. The only question remaining is did he get his notice by tweet as this is standard protocol for this administration?

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The most petty govt in American history. This has Trump insecurity written all over it. The only question remaining is did he get his notice by tweet as this is standard protocol for this administration?

Hank

"The FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility made the recommendation to fire McCabe. Sessions had the option to either accept the recommendation, or step in to stop the firing process."

I don't get your "logic". The FBI itself recommended his firing.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Krater said:

"The FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility made the recommendation to fire McCabe. Sessions had the option to either accept the recommendation, or step in to stop the firing process."

I don't get your "logic". The FBI itself recommended his firing.

You're right, I apologize for the tweet statement. The rest stands though. I'm sure the FBI had a little encouragement.

Hank

• Like 3

The OPR made the recommendation to fire McCabe. I'm sure we will hear a lot more about McCabe's wrong doings  in the next week or so. There must be a lot to this for the FBI itself to recommend  these actions. McCabe my also be in legal trouble in the near future.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Regardless, you'd think they could've at least waited just 2 damn days. There's no reason not to under the circumstances. It's just senselessly hateful.

It makes perfect sense and we've known it was going to happen for the better part of a year. He fired him to discredit him as a witness. This is witness tampering.

• Like 2

Something tells me the Inspector General's report is going to be very telling as to why Mr McCabe was fired. 

Let's be real here, both Sessions and Director Wray know the conclusions of the IG's report are not very favorable (as in horrible) regarding Mr McCabe's conduct at the FBI.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It makes perfect sense and we've known it was going to happen for the better part of a year. He fired him to discredit him as a witness. This is witness tampering.

No that is not the reason. Why don't you open your other eye, have a read, get an informed unbiased opinion and see the world in colours other than blue and red.

• Like 1

Just now, Silver Surfer said:

No that is not the reason. Why don't you open your other eye, have a read, get an informed unbiased opinion and see the world in colours other than blue and red.

IMO its both.

Clearly the FBI had some form of cause to fire him, I just don't believe he would have been fired if it wasn't in an attempt to throw doubt on the investigation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver Surfer said:

I'm sure it was just a coincidence that McCabe was turned-on by Trump, after becoming a key witness in the Russia case. And that people predicted this a year ago. 

Nothing to see here.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 5

Comey told 3 FBI officials about his conversations with Trump — all 3 have now been forced out or reassigned

Like I said, must just be a massive coincidence. Nothing shady at all going on.

Meanwhile, from another ex-director (CIA):

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Meanwhile, from another ex-director (CIA):

You could also add "and future member and permanent resident of Club Guantanamo"

These rats are getting scared

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Piney said:

He also wants to be able to execute anyone he can plant enough drugs on.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3