Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$55 Million in Cival War era Gold

LucidElement

Another interesting article on Fox news about modern mysteries. Those who enjoy Civil War era will enjoy this mystery, especially the fact that the FBI got involved. Has anyone heard about this? Thoughts?  Sounds like Money Pit, aka  Oak Island, minus the bureaucracy lol.

—————————————————————————————————————-

‘Dozens of FBI agents, Pennsylvania state officials and members of a treasure-hunting group dug in a remote Pennsylvania site earlier this week, on rumors of Civil War-era gold being buried there.

A 155-year-old legend has it that a Civil War-era gold shipment bound for a U.S. Mint in Philadelphia was either lost or hidden northeast of Pittsburgh around the time of the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863.

President Abraham Lincoln reportedly ordered the shipment to help pay Union Army soldiers, Dennis Parada, owner of local treasure-hunting group Finders Keepers, told WJAC-TV.”

link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/17/rumored-site-55m-in-civil-war-era-gold-draws-fbis-attention-reports-say.html

• Like 4

There is buried treasure stories all over the New Jersey Piney Woods. But there is no truth in any of them. Although if the Feds are involved there might be something to this. Then again it's Fox News.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 6:11 AM, Piney said:

There is buried treasure stories all over the New Jersey Piney Woods. But there is no truth in any of them. Although if the Feds are involved there might be something to this. Then again it's Fox News.

Ok so clear;y your a Democrat lol. If it’s only FOXNews that’s throwing you off I will make sure I can find 10 other articles where it’s at. Please, give me a break I just quoted from FOXNews, there are numerous news articles related to the story.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:59 PM, South Alabam said:

Seems like regardless, it is still Federal gold. That's why the interest from the Feds.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:11 AM, Piney said:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/civil_war_mystery_solved_fbi_o.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/cnn/status/976068368796184576

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Ok so clear;y your a Democrat lol. If it’s only FOXNews that’s throwing you off I will make sure I can find 10 other articles where it’s at. Please, give me a break I just quoted from FOXNews, there are numerous news articles related to the story.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, I'm your typical American Indian who hates them both with equal venom. :lol:

• Like 1