Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why has Trump been quiet about TX Bombings?

Farmer77

3 minutes ago, keithisco said:

No...you are characterising these as terrorist incidents when they may be nothing more than gang, or grudge related. Who knows, not you, and not myself, because there is insufficient information to draw any conclusions.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/  
noun
noun: terrorism
  1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    "the fight against terrorism"

Given that basically all right-wing White Nationalists and Neo-Nazis have a political agenda, I'd say that when they commit 'hate crimes' in the name of said agenda, that would be the very definition of terrorism.

Based on what I read in the article, do we know yet whether they were targeted based on their skin color by one of these groups? No, not yet. But if they were then the term 'terrorist' fully applies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:
ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/  
noun
noun: terrorism
  1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    "the fight against terrorism"

Given that basically all right-wing White Nationalists and Neo-Nazis have a political agenda, I'd say that when they commit 'hate crimes' in the name of said agenda, that would be the very definition of terrorism.

Based on what I read in the article, do we know yet whether they were targeted based on their skin color by one of these groups? No, not yet. But if they were then the term 'terrorist' fully applies.

Wow!! You seem have determined so much from virtually no factual information:

1. Where are your facts to support your claim that this was a "hate" crime?

2. How do you know there is a Political agenda at play here?

3. Where in your scheme of things do White Nationalists or Neo-Nazis come into it?

You have, not surprisingly, failed to recognise that all extreme left-wing supremacists, and anti-White supremacists also act in the name of a Political agenda, but that is really not my point at all is it? My point is that there is no information available to suggest any motive yet for these attacks and to simply resort to a "knee-Jerk" response that happens to fit your own beliefs is disingenuous.

far better to wait and argue from a position of fact based discourse than to make presumptions

• Like 6

Just now, keithisco said:

Wow!! You seem have determined so much from virtually no factual information:

1. Where are your facts to support your claim that this was a "hate" crime?

2. How do you know there is a Political agenda at play here?

3. Where in your scheme of things do White Nationalists or Neo-Nazis come into it?

You have, not surprisingly, failed to recognise that all extreme left-wing supremacists, and anti-White supremacists also act in the name of a Political agenda, but that is really not my point at all is it? My point is that there is no information available to suggest any motive yet for these attacks and to simply resort to a "knee-Jerk" response that happens to fit your own beliefs is disingenuous.

far better to wait and argue from a position of fact based discourse than to make presumptions

I literally just said the following:

"Based on what I read in the article, do we know yet whether they were targeted based on their skin color by one of these groups? No, not yet. But if they were then the term 'terrorist' fully applies."

This was primarily a hypothetical suggestion, since I literally just admitted that we don't know all the facts just yet.

Regardless, the fact that the victims were 3 black men (in the deeply conservative state of Texas no less), with white nationalism on the rise, it's a distinct possibility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I literally just said the following:

"Based on what I read in the article, do we know yet whether they were targeted based on their skin color by one of these groups? No, not yet. But if they were then the term 'terrorist' fully applies."

This was primarily a hypothetical suggestion, since I literally just admitted that we don't know all the facts just yet.

Regardless, the fact that the victims were 3 black men (in the deeply conservative state of Texas no less), with white nationalism on the rise, it's a distinct possibility.

You are juxtaposing two entirely different facets and in so doing committing a tautological error. 

• Like 2

Just now, keithisco said:

You are juxtaposing two entirely different facets and in so doing committing a tautological error. 

I'm not sure why merely suggesting it might be terrorism warrants such opposition. :huh:

I'm not saying it absolutely is terrorism. I'm just saying it could be. It's a perfectly rational possibility.

• Like 2

He obviously hates colored people, er, people of color. On the case, they're attempting to decipher messages connected to the bomb packages. This may help them learn the motivation(s) of the killer(s). Evidently, at least two of the victims knew each other.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

That site seems the most rabidly anti-Trump that I've seen for quite a while. That's quite an accomplishment in itself.

Word has it that Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers post here. That would explain a lot. Man, I watched the latter leftist talk show host's program last night (to see what it would be like), and he spent the first ten to fifteen minutes criticizing Trump, and he does this *each night*! He gives Farmer a run for his money.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Word has it that Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers post here. That would explain a lot. Man, I watched the latter leftist talk show host's program last night (to see what it would be like), and he spent the first ten to fifteen minutes criticizing Trump, and he does this *each night*! He gives Farmer a run for his money.

Jeeze Panther, need a hug? :P

Colouring books maybe?

• Like 4

If you folks ever get get tired of blind partisanship head over to fark.com's political section for a while and see how the political trolls get a little education. Funny and smart at the same time. And to the Trumpsters, you are also invited to check it out. Watch out though, you won't be coddled like you are here.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Colouring books maybe?

:lol: Maybe some Trump Bingo cards?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

If you folks ever get get tired of blind partisanship head over to fark.com's political section for a while and see how the political trolls get a little education. Funny and smart at the same time. And to the Trumpsters, you are also invited to check it out. 

Hank

Thanks Hank. I was a Farker before I was a UMer.

We are not allowed to recite the rules.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Thanks Hank. I was a Farker before I was a UMer.

We are not allowed to recite the rules.

Did I inadvertently break a rule? If I did I apologize. Kinda confused.

Hank

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Did I inadvertently break a rule? If I did I apologize. Kinda confused.

Hank

You don't promote another forum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

You don't promote another forum.

Ah, I stand chastized and will not repeat this grievous error. Though I must say, it's the first time I've encountered this on a forum. Oh well, live and learn.

Hank

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ah, I stand chastized and will not repeat this grievous error. Though I must say, it's the first time I've encountered this on a forum. Oh well, live and learn.

Hank

:D

• Like 1

While I do hate to admit, I have to agree with most that Trump doesnt really need to acknowledge every murder that happens, mind you if it were an Illegal or a Muslim that did this, he would be twitter raging... sooo.... 

Edited by Conspiracy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Colouring books maybe?

I don't get your reply. I'm just making an honest observation. Do you ever watch Colbert and Meyers? If so, how am I wrong?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Conspiracy said:

While I do hate to admit, I have to agree with most that Trump doesnt really need to acknowledge every murder that happens, mind you if it were an Illegal or a Muslim that did this, he would be twitter raging... sooo.... 

Is Cruz an illegal immigrant? Is he a Muslim? Trump did and said a lot about *him*. As far as I know, he's not in either one of those categories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Is Cruz an illegal immigrant? Is he a Muslim? Trump did and said a lot about *him*. As far as I know, he's not in either one of those categories.

Ya, about that. He offered lies to the students that day. He has done nothing to help these kids. Hell, when he went to visit them he needed a cheat card with the words " say you care"on it among other empty platitudes he has no idea what they are or mean. What he actually said about Cruz "He's a very sick person". If cruz had dark skin he would have been labled a terrorist even if he was a US citizen.

http://time.com/5160126/donald-trump-florida-shooting-speech-transcript/

Then to top it off he adds this gem a few days later.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/politics/trump-school-shooter-florida.html

He states boldly that he would have rushed in unarmed to save the day. Lol, Cadet bone spurs to the rescue.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter

26 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ya, about that. He offered lies to the students that day. He has done nothing to help these kids. Hell, when he went to visit them he needed a cheat card with the words " say you care"on it among other empty platitudes he has no idea what they are or mean. What he actually said about Cruz "He's a very sick person". If cruz had dark skin he would have been labled a terrorist even if he was a US citizen.

http://time.com/5160126/donald-trump-florida-shooting-speech-transcript/

Then to top it off he adds this gem a few days later.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/politics/trump-school-shooter-florida.html

He states boldly that he would have rushed in unarmed to save the day. Lol, Cadet bone spurs to the rescue.

Hank

Did you not see the meeting that he held after the shooting? Victims and victims' loved ones shared their ideas and their stories. He held meetings with members of both parties so that they could arrive at bipartisan answers to tough questions. I doubt that the man could do anything to please his detractors.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, aztek said:

that is exactly what i'm talking about, lol trump is racist Russian agent

Well, I would not have thought so, giving him the benefit of the doubt, but coming from such a strong supporter, maybe there is something there.

5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Is Cruz an illegal immigrant?

From Canada, I believe <_<

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I wouldn't call the obvious trend in Trump's behavior nor the documented legal losses hes taken regarding racism or his own admission that he said blacks are lazy and he doesn't want them handling his money as fiction. 

I was talking about the "in Putin's pocket" insinuation that you were, er, insinuating. 

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think Vlad's overall point is this site has generally speaking been pro Trump since the start of the election. Hell there was a while where there were just a couple of us posting anything anti trump at all. 

I was talking about that site, the one the story was from, Alternet or whatever it's called. 

To my knowledge, no one yet knows the motive or who the perpetrator(s) is/are behind these horrific attacks. Until then it would be advisable not to be throwing anyone (even Trump) under the bus regarding a motivation we don't know about at this point in time. Also, here's a novel idea, how about we blame those who actually do these horrific acts verses those we just don't happen to like. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Did you not see the meeting that he held after the shooting? Victims and victims' loved ones shared their ideas and their stories. He held meetings with members of both parties so that they could arrive at bipartisan answers to tough questions. I doubt that the man could do anything to please his detractors.

And then came to an admirable proposition to start to address the problem. 

Before caving at the first opportunity. 

The courage of cadet bone spurs knows no bounds. 

• Like 1