Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why has Trump been quiet about TX Bombings?

Farmer77

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I agree. This random killing is sick like the Tylenol murders. Bombers are among the worst losers going. The tripwire one makes me wonder if we have more than one bomber active right now though. They usually have a type they prefer, are not very diverse in MO. 

They are saying the most recent one is an incendiary device and not related to the other bombs.  https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/19/us/austin-explosions-latest/index.html

Sounds like there are indeed copycats.

• Like 1

An intact bomb has also been found in a package at the Fed Ex distribution center.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/20/package-believed-to-be-bound-for-austin-explodes-at-texas-fedex-facility-police-say/?utm_term=.f6a19addfdec

Been posting in the older thread. Didn't see this one.

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Nikolas Cruz, the Florida school shooter not Ted Cruz.

Oh I see, that's what I was thinking too. 

"Artillery simulators, like some kind of ordnance", the Police chief seemed to say on the News just now. Sounds like thunderflashes which are used to simulate explosions in military training.

As recently as yesterday, MSN is pushing the "hate crime" narrative, and highlighting the "race" connection.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/texas-serial-bombings-could-be-hate-crimes/vp-BBKthMV

This could REALLY blow up in the collective liberal face, as future genuine hate crimes could be met with a chorus of "Meh... you said THAT about Austin"

TV News is saying the bomber blew himself up when surrounded by law enforcement. At this time authorities are at his home and have sealed off a perimeter due to possible bobby trapping.

Also, suspect is dead but there still could be other bombs out there, so the danger may not be over quite yet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Just wonder if the suspect was a victim to, a bomb picked up by blowing him up. Police has to find where be made the bombs.    

Nah, they caught him with his receipts, cell phone and internet usage.  They staked him out at the motel he was staying at and tried to arrest him as he tried to leave.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Nah, they caught him with his receipts, cell phone and internet usage.  They staked him out at the motel he was staying at and tried to arrest him as he tried to leave.

What of making  bomb items ?

Just now, docyabut2 said:

What of making  bomb items ?

They found out it was him because he ordered "exotic batteries" online.  They also pulled customer records on all the stores in the area that sold the more "common" parts to see if they could find a common denominator.  That's how they found out who he was.  They then tried to find him.  He ended up turning his cellphone on and they determined his location at the motel.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

As recently as yesterday, MSN is pushing the "hate crime" narrative, and highlighting the "race" connection.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/texas-serial-bombings-could-be-hate-crimes/vp-BBKthMV

This could REALLY blow up in the collective liberal face, as future genuine hate crimes could be met with a chorus of "Meh... you said THAT about Austin"

Most Americans say "meh" now. The race card has been overplayed by the media for years.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

do we know this yet, though? Might they be gang related? Might some have been sent to the wrong address and thus obscured a link? Is it a serial killer with no other motive? Has it all been claimed yet by a group?

Just because it goes BOOM does not make it terrorism. Back in the...was it the 80's? Some twit was driving round rural areas and leaving bombs in mailboxes. Hurt some people. Nobody called it terrorism. He was just a sick b. Didn't deserve 15 minutes of fame and did not receive it either.

I am hoping if they did in fact get one of the bombs before it went off (read that today) they can find out who is doing it. THEN we can call it what it proves to really be.

Again though it doesn't matter what the legal definition of the act is , at the time I started this thread 3 people were dead, a state capital was terrorized , and the POTUS hadn't bothered to talk about it. 

39 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Again though it doesn't matter what the legal definition of the act is , at the time I started this thread 3 people were dead, a state capital was terrorized , and the POTUS hadn't bothered to talk about it. 

President Trump might comment on terrorist attacks, as these are - in principle - an attack on the political system of the USA. (and by implication, the constitution, which he is sworn to uphold). Random gang killings, on the other hand, are just part of the background noise in most American cities. As another poster has already pointed out; if the President commented on every murder, he'd never be able to leave the podium.

Presumably the police will release the bomber's recorded statement at some point soon, and then we'll know why he did it. If it was a political act, I'd expect some comment from the White House. Otherwise, I'll leave it to the state governor (as head of the state police)

25 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Random gang killings, on the other hand, are just part of the background noise in most American cities

Here's where this line of thinking falls short though. Package bombings which require the city's police department to go on TV and implore its citizenry to not touch any packages they may receive aren't just background noise for any American city. Its a big freaking deal. 

25 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

As another poster has already pointed out; if the President commented on every murder, he'd never be able to leave the podium.

This isn't just another murder though. This is something that affected 950,000 people simultaneously (population of Austin)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Here's where this line of thinking falls short though. Package bombings which require the city's police department to go on TV and implore its citizenry to not touch any packages they may receive aren't just background noise for any American city. Its a big freaking deal. 

This isn't just another murder though. This is something that affected 950,000 people simultaneously (population of Austin)

Have you considered that President Trump was advised NOT to comment, as it was an ongoing investigation ? How curious that he finally commented two days ago (Tuesday). Could it be that the FBI had finally identified their suspect and where moving in, and that the White House where aware of this ? 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Have you considered that President Trump was advised NOT to comment, as it was an ongoing investigation ?

He was advised not to offer condolences to those dead or suffering? 

I'm not sure which would be more odd, someone giving him that advice or him actually listening to the advice he is given. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He was advised not to offer condolences to those dead or suffering? 

I'm not sure which would be more odd, someone giving him that advice or him actually listening to the advice he is given. 

That is a TERRIBLE thing to say, @Farmer77 !!

Accurate perhaps, but terrible nontheless :P 

• Like 1