Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Iraq War

retired UM

Do you think the Iraq war is being carried out for the right reasons still?¿?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Iraq war is being carried out for the right reasons still?¿?

• Yes
    • No

i personaly think tht the war is being carried out for the wrongs reasons still, c'mon pres. bush, just give it up!!!(wmds and "al-quada links")

Edited by CertifiedPublicAssasin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morpheas

• bathory

• Stellar

• Fluffybunny

President Bush just giving up would be like you pushing a bolder uphill, and at the halfway point letting go.

Of course it's wrong.

Anyone who says otherwise is a warmongering, ignorant fool, ie, half of America.

Yes, it's wrong but now that he's started this war you can't expect him just to stop the war and pull- out tomorrow. Think of what that would do, and how pointless the deaths of U.S soldiers would be if he didn't finish what he started.

You either do something all the way through, or not do it at all. Giving up isn't an option anymore. So yes, now it is being carried out for good reasons.

Anyone who says otherwise is a warmongering, ignorant fool, ie, half of America.

anyone who says its wrong is a supporter of saddam, ie, you/

yay we can both make retarded comments.

Yes, it's wrong but now that he's started this war you can't expect him just to stop the war and pull- out tomorrow. Think of what that would do, and how pointless the deaths of U.S soldiers would be if he didn't finish what he started.

You either do something all the way through, or not do it at all. Giving up isn't an option anymore. So yes, now it is being carried out for good reasons.

448794[/snapback]

Good point, guess I over-simplified.

Unfortunately, as you said, it's too late to leave now...the only appropriate course of action (once Iraq has settled) is bring Bush up on charges. Given the evidence against him and his administration, it shouldn't be too difficult. Though whats the liklihood of that happening? thumbsup.gif

Why bring Bush alone up on charges? If anyone is going to be brought up on charges, shouldn't it be us American citizens. After all, we appointed him as our mouthpiece. He does act in the name of the American people, according to the rules laid down in the Constitution of the United States. Bush TWICE proposed military efforts against Al-Qaeda and against Iraq. In both circumstances, combat was authorized by a majority vote of the other nationally elected representatives of the American people - those who serve in the House of Representatives and the U. S. Senate. NOW, we are bailing out and leaving the President to take the blame. I'm sorry, we are a "one for all" government. Americans should back our president and our troops until the end. Period.

And other countries should remember that we went into Iraq as an U. N. force, not as an U.S. force. Remember resolution 1441?

Edited by Gulf_Breeze

I support the war, not the way they went to war and handled the war, but the war in itsself because in the end, the Iraqis will be free and Iraq will be far better off.

It's both in my opinion. It's great if you work for Haliburton, but it is bad if you are a US soldier or Iraqi citizen...

It's both in my opinion. It's great if you work for Haliburton, but it is bad if you are a US soldier or Iraqi citizen...

448948[/snapback]

Yeah, more or less the same here. I didnt vote because I didnt know exactly how to vote.

Its bad if you're a US soldier, especially one that was reactivated after quitting years ago. Its bad for Iraqi citizens that are near the violence now. Its good for the Iraqi citizens out of the violence and for Iraq once the coalition leaves and violence ends.

great if you work for haliburton? for the amount they are spending, they are seeing relatively little return.

great if you work for haliburton? for the amount they are spending, they are seeing relatively little return.

448968[/snapback]

Aside from the 1.2 BILLION dollars in contracts from the US Governement for right now, and the ongoing jobs in the oil refineries and re-construction of Iraq...

Halliburton is doing rather well. Conveniently.

Aside from the 1.2 BILLION dollars in contracts from the US Governement for right now, and the ongoing jobs in the oil refineries and re-construction of Iraq...

Halliburton is doing rather well. Conveniently.

but how much of it is ending up as profit?

how much of this money are the iraqi people who it rightly belongs to getting?

umm all of it? Iraq sells it to the rest of the world, or at the very least, is buying stuff based on oil credit or something.

you wouldnt be happy unless you were bleeding/drilling them dry.

the more oil Iraq ships, the better it is for Iraqs economy, b**** about 'stealing' oil as much as you want, its quite far from the truth, especially in comparison to the entire oil for food scandal Iraq endured for quite a while.

this is why so many iraqis have joined the insurgency, this is why they are setting light to the oil fields, because they know exactly why the grubby handed US are there......because of the lucrative oil contracts.

so a minority of iraqis are destroying their only chance at a stable and strong economy because Iraq will most likely than not favour the US in terms of oil contracts? ignoring that in the end, the US is still paying for the oil and that the money the US is paying, goes to the Iraqis? To stop such an evil act, these freedom fighters are burning up their oil reserves, in effect burning away their countries future?

I did not vote either because my feelings are to personal regarding the war itself.

I am glad that Saddam is no longer in power and that some 300 terrorists have been apprehended and sent to Cuba and are awaiting trial.

It upsets me that some of the prisoners were tortured and our government called it an interrogation exercise. That just makes us look stupid and mean ( to put it bluntly).

I am glad that free elections were held in Afganistan and a 19-year-old woman was the first one to cast her vote in said election.

It upsets me that the event came off as looking like a publicity stunt and pro-war propaganda.

I am glad that Uday Hussein can no longer prey on pre-teen girls by the hundreds. His death brought the end to kidnappings and rape in Hussien palace rape-rooms ending in death for pregnant girls and contemptuous fathers.

It upsets me that rumors of insurgents following Uday's example are manifesting.

I am glad that coalition forces continue to have a positive outlook concerning this war. They continue working to get the power back on and bring clean water to the cities, projects the Hussein regime never had the chance to finish.

It upsets me that insurgents strap bombs to suicide bombers to destroy power sub-stations and negate the work that was done.

I am glad that George W Bush was re-elected as president of the United States of America so he can be responsible for finishing what was started in 2002.

It upsets me that world can't decide whether he is a blundering idiot or a maniacal super being with nothing but world domination on his mind.

I am glad this war will be over soon.

It upsets me that will most likely be a disappointment.

The war is a dream come true and a constant source of inspiration for me. It is a solution to what I view as the biggest problem in the World. It illustrates moral principals such as that evil is so stupid that it will go half way around the World in order to dig its own grave. My biggest disappointment is with the antiwar movement which seems more intent on saving the Beast, rather than pushing it into the abyss and dancing on its grave. This war is the fulfillment of my visions for the future and to me demonstrates that I am the only person who has the slightest idea of how the real World works.

put it this way, 4million people in 4 years have died in the congo and are still dying, if your governent wanted to go and instill peace and stability anywhere, the Congo should be top priority, however unfortunately they dont have diddly squat black gold so just ignore it and hope we all just forget about it and it goes away.

why didn't the US invade Sudan? it had plenty of black gold.

The war is a dream come true and a constant source of inspiration for me. It is a solution to what I view as the biggest problem in the World. It illustrates moral principals such as that evil is so stupid that it will go half way around the World in order to dig its own grave. My biggest disappointment is with the antiwar movement which seems more intent on saving the Beast, rather than pushing it into the abyss and dancing on its grave. This war is the fulfillment of my visions for the future and to me demonstrates that I am the only person who has the slightest idea of how the real World works.

449303[/snapback]

I think I see your point and I might agree with you on some level. However, your message is so garbled that I'm not sure what i'm reading.

If you could clarify your ideals and clean up the grammar then perhaps I would be more likely to...um.. not be angry with you.

Looter, you might want to lower the dose, so to speak.

It upsets me that world can't decide whether he is a blundering idiot or a maniacal super being with nothing but world domination on his mind.

I think ull find we re pretty much united in believing him to be a blundering idiot that has nothing but world domination on his mind, notice how i dropped the super being part..

There is absolutley nothing super about George W Bush

The only good thing to come out of the Iraq war is that we have taken out an evil monster who terrorised and killed thousands of people daily and and we have found out thankfully there is no immediate threat from WMD's.

However he should have been take out years ago. Did it need a full blown war to achieve this? I think not. Whats bad about this is that the original intention has very little to do with the war now. Iraq has very little relevance to 9/11 and now thousands of civilians and troops have died, millions of dollars and resources have been used and for what? We are no-where nearer to controlling terrorism then we were years ago.