Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Iraq War

retired UM

Do you think the Iraq war is being carried out for the right reasons still?¿?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Iraq war is being carried out for the right reasons still?¿?

• Yes
    • No

How could you ask "when/how did he get rid of them." when we dont even know if Iraq ever have any.

Ummm... he USED them on multiple occasions, so we DO know Iraq DID have some at ONE point.

This is sad... people not even understanding whats going on in the world because the media, when presenting news, sticks to abbreviations and takes the short cuts. THey say "SH didnt have WMDs" instead of saying "SH didnt have WMDs at the time of the war, but he did at one point."

For this, we must infer: "Did he have any?" Because of this reason, I remain skeptical.

No... as I said, the question still is "When and how did he get rid of them."

The US government donated money using the Christian name which violates the state/regilgion clause of the consistution.

What do you mean "using the christian name"? I'm not up on the USs constitution, but I've never heard of it being illegal to say where the money came from...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morpheas

• bathory

• Stellar

• DarkSinister

How could you ask "when/how did he get rid of them." when we dont even know if Iraq ever have any.

Ummm... he USED them on multiple occasions, so we DO know Iraq DID have some at ONE point.

This is sad... people not even understanding whats going on in the world because the media, when presenting news, sticks to abbreviations and takes the short cuts. THey say "SH didnt have WMDs" instead of saying "SH didnt have WMDs at the time of the war, but he did at one point."

For this, we must infer: "Did he have any?" Because of this reason, I remain skeptical.

No... as I said, the question still is "When and how did he get rid of them."

The US government donated money using the Christian name which violates the state/regilgion clause of the consistution.

What do you mean "using the christian name"? I'm not up on the USs constitution, but I've never heard of it being illegal to say where the money came from...

474942[/snapback]

Point being is, he did not have WMD's when Bush stated they did. Yes, the United States did give Iraq some biological and chemical weapons, but that was mostly destoryed during the gulf war. What was left of it was later destoryed by the UN during their inspection after the gulf war. The UN stated that Iraq was rid of any WMD's and they made Iraq file a complete detailed report of it with over 10,000 pages of what happened to each weapon. When the UN came in again for the inspection prior to the recent war, they found the report accurate. Even if he did have any, which i doubt he did, there's a fat chance he would find any due to the time frame he allowed Saddam to move it. Not understanding what's going on in the world? I beg to defer that, how could you ridicule me with such confident when you have no first hand perspective of seeing such evidence of this so called "weapons" he had. The constitution strictily forbids the goverenment and religion from conducting anything together:

" The United States Supreme Court has interpreted the Non- Establishment Clause (also known as the Establishment Clause) of the First Amendment to prohibit official sponsorship of, support of, or active involvement in, religious activity. The Non- Establishment Clause promotes religious freedom in the United States by limiting the influence of federal, state, and local governments on religious thought and practice, whether the influence originates in the legislative, executive, or judicial branch of government. This clause recognizes the right of an individual or group to be free from laws and governmental decisions which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another. See Walz v. Tax Commission, 397 U.S. 664 (1970); Everson v. Board of Education, 330 U.S. 1 (1947)."

It's the government money that is being used as aid, but when dispearsing the aid, they also try to preach/spread Christianity to the Iraqis which violates the constitution. Where there is freedom of religion, the goverment should not favor one over the other.

Edited by DarkSinister

Yes, the United States did give Iraq some biological and chemical weapons

iraq manufactured all of its chemical weaponry itself

the US didn't give them jack, beyond a tiny amount of stuff which have dual uses

What was left of it was later destoryed by the UN during their inspection after the gulf war.

Not all. They couldnt verify how much SH had left because not only was he not cooperating, he kicked the inspectors out in 98.

The UN stated that Iraq was rid of any WMD's and they made Iraq file a complete detailed report of it with over 10,000 pages of what happened to each weapon.

The UN did not state that Iraq was rid of WMDs, and Iraq did not manage to prove that they got rid of the weapons like they say they did, as was required by 1441.

When the UN came in again for the inspection prior to the recent war, they found the report accurate.

They didnt find the report accurate, because SH couldnt support how they said they got rid of the weapons.

Not understanding what's going on in the world? I beg to defer that, how could you ridicule me with such confident when you have no first hand perspective of seeing such evidence of this so called "weapons" he had.

I have seen the evidence that he had those weapons, he used them.

" The United States Supreme Court has interpreted the Non- Establishment Clause (also known as the Establishment Clause) of the First Amendment to prohibit official sponsorship of, support of, or active involvement in, religious activity. The Non- Establishment Clause promotes religious freedom in the United States by limiting the influence of federal, state, and local governments on religious thought and practice, whether the influence originates in the legislative, executive, or judicial branch of government. This clause recognizes the right of an individual or group to be free from laws and governmental decisions which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another. See Walz v. Tax Commission, 397 U.S. 664 (1970); Everson v. Board of Education, 330 U.S. 1 (1947)."

Where does the US say they cant use money gathered by christians? It doesnt...

It's the government money that is being used as aid, but when dispearsing the aid, they also try to preach/spread Christianity to the Iraqis which violates the constitution. Where there is freedom of religion, the goverment should not favor one over the other.

Again I ask you, how are they trying to preach Christianity? By giving money gathered by christians?

he did not have WMD's when Bush stated they did

Bush was acting on intelligence. In 1995, Saddam Hussein's son-in-law Kamel Hussein defected. He had been in charge of the bioweapons program and revealed to UNSCOM that there was a vast arsenal of weapons they had failed to uncover, including biological weapons. In 2001 nuclear physicist and Iraqi defector Khidhir Hamza said that Iraq did not relinquish certain critical components of the nuclear program to the inspectors. He stated he believed that Iraq may have completed one nuclear weapon within the next couple of years.

Yes, the United States did give Iraq some biological and chemical weapons, but that was mostly destoryed during the gulf war.

You state this like it is only the U.S. that armed Iraq. Several nations were involved in arming Iraq, and the U.S. began arming Iraq after the Shah was overthrown from power in Iran(even though Hussein started the Iran-Iraq war)

The UN stated that Iraq was rid of any WMD's and they made Iraq file a complete detailed report of it with over 10,000 pages of what happened to each weapon. When the UN came in again for the inspection prior to the recent war, they found the report accurate.

UNSCOM's own report shows that not all WMD agents have been accounted for.

they also try to preach/spread Christianity to the Iraqis which violates the constitution

Like Stellar said, you should explain yourself and/or provide some evidense of this claim

Bush was acting on intelligence

Now theres a contradiction if ever i saw one lol tongue.gif

It is not "Christian" raised money, it's the government's money that is being used. The clause i provided strictly prohibits government sponsoring any religion. I will provide evidence of it and debunk tomorrow or sunday night, i have to be a camp pendelton for some training. This is fun grin2.gif

475494[/snapback]

If there were only a little drumming smiley to indicate the classic comic rimshot, I would apply it here... tongue.gif

475494[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.gif

But still...how can you simply deny the intelligence? dontgetit.gif

I thought it was a right war. And I still think it is right war. blink.gif

474554[/snapback]

Just about the hole world wanted Saddam out of the way

The coalition done it

The same countries that wanted it to happen are know the ones condeming it

God Bless America and Britian

edit to remove crude comment. There is no need for that kind of comment here.

Edited by Fluffybunny

yey to fluffy!!! thumbsup.gif

475762[/snapback]

It must be a bugger when you have to suck up to the MODS

Just dont break rules that are set out for every one and you wont have to crawl

im bored of you and your predujice views, go bother someone else sleepy.gif

youre the one evidently with the chiip on the shoulder yes.gif

475771[/snapback]

OOOHHHH I thought you would run and hide ,,i think BABS must have been right

When the truth comes out some fight and some run ,,i will start you of 3....2,,,,1,,,go

im bored of you and your predujice views, go bother someone else sleepy.gif

youre the one evidently with the chiip on the shoulder yes.gif

475771[/snapback]

OOOHHHH I thought you would run and hide ,,i think BABS must have been right

When the truth comes out some fight and some run ,,i will start you of 3....2,,,,1,,,go

475776[/snapback]

Man what's your problem, he's right you do have a serious chip on your shoulder. You just provoke and incite flames... any particular reason? wacko.gif

I thinki we have played this one out long enough. This thread is closed.