Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Stephen61

Peruvian Mummies: ETs or Humans?

113 posts in this topic

Timonthy
8 minutes ago, Stephen65 said:

A team of St. Petersburg geneticists have brought tissue samples of the alien creature with an elongated skull and only three fingers and toes, to Russia to try to break its genome.

https://sputniknews.com/science/201803101062397584-peru-mummies-dna-analysis/

https://www.gaia.com/lp/unearthing-nazca-members/

Konstantin Korotkov is a known hoaxer, don’t believe this BS.

• Like 7

Alien Origins
Posted (edited)

I have seen this else where on the web..I believe the original article had included Jamie Maussan...I am sure many here may remember him. He was the one that contended the child mummy was alien during the Roswell Slides show in Mexico....I agree with Timonthy, that coupled with the fact that anything Maussan is involved in is almost certainly going to be a hoax of some sort.  

https://doubtfulnews.com/2017/06/nazca-alien-mummy-revealed-in-promotional-video-featuring-serial-hoaxer/

http://drmsh.com/jaime-maussan-is-at-it-again-three-fingered-alien-mummy-claim/

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2010/03/jaime-maussans-metepec-creature.html

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 3

seanjo

Peruvian Mummies: ETs or Humans?

Fakes.

• Like 2

Lilly

Oh, there are Peruvian mummies alright...they're just human not ET. 

• Like 4

papageorge1

I have been following this for a while now and my leading theory is an alien/human hybrid. Just a cursory look seems to rule out any known human type.

Oh, and I have higher respect for Konstantin Korotkov than all those sight unseen serial debunker types.

Carnoferox

This topic has already been debunked on more than one thread. There's no need to keep resurrecting it.

• Like 3

papageorge1
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

This topic has already been debunked on more than one thread. There's no need to keep resurrecting it.

LOL...Who gets to make the official proclamation of 'DEBUNKED'.

If it's the group of skeptics I've seen here, then that would include every paranormal, cryptozoological or alien claim.

Edited by papageorge1

Carnoferox
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

LOL...Who gets to make the official proclamation of 'DEBUNKED'.

If it's the group of skeptics I've seen here, then that would include every paranormal, cryptozoological or alien claim.

The substantial evidence indicating that these "alien mummies" are a hoax is sufficient enough for anyone to declare this debunked. As usual you continue to belligerently deny all the evidence provided because it doesn't conform to your world view.

• Like 3

papageorge1
Just now, Carnoferox said:

The substantial evidence indicating that these "alien mummies" are a hoax is sufficient enough for anyone to declare this debunked. As usual you continue to belligerently deny all the evidence provided because it doesn't conform to your world view.

Ah, so there is no official determiner.

There is no reason why those of us interested in this should not still be discussing it here.

Carnoferox
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

There is no reason why those of us interested in this should not still be discussing it here.

So because not just one person has "officially" (whatever that's supposed to mean) decided it debunked, it automatically discredits the evidence? Right...

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2

I'mConvinced
48 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

There is absolutely no reason not to bring new evidence or topic of discussion to the table but absolutely every reason not to go over the same stuff posted in multiple threads already.

Do you have anything to add that hasn't previously been discussed?

• Like 3

papageorge1
Just now, I'mConvinced said:

There is absolutely no reason not to bring new evidence or topic of discussion to the table but absolutely every reason not to go over the same stuff posted in multiple threads already.

Do you have anything to add that hasn't previously been discussed?

The OP is brand spanking new, with an article not seen on here before to my knowledge. What's the problem?

I'mConvinced
8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The OP is brand spanking new, with an article not seen on here before to my knowledge. What's the problem?

It is but it doesn't actually have any results or new information on these mummies as far as I can see, maybe I missed it? Just saying let's not drag over the same coals once more. 

So, is there something new to discuss? 

lilthor

I find the new report that further testing is being done to be interesting and worthy of discussion.

Even more interesting is the sudden outbursts of insistence that the subject has been 'decided' and their demands that UM folks never discuss it again.  Huh?

I mean, couldn't these people just choose to NOT participate in the thread?  It's like they are afraid of something...

• Like 1

papageorge1
12 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

It is but it doesn't actually have any results or new information on these mummies as far as I can see, maybe I missed it? Just saying let's not drag over the same coals once more. 

So, is there something new to discuss? 

It's all new to the OP guy as far as he knows! That was my point. It's still an open hot topic worthy of as much attention as interested people want to put into it. The whole world doesn't know about or care about our endless pages of fruitless bickering between just a few individuals

5 minutes ago, lilthor said:

I find the new report that further testing is being done to be interesting and worthy of discussion.

Even more interesting is the sudden outbursts of insistence that the subject has been 'decided' and their demands that UM folks never discuss it again.  Huh?

I mean, couldn't these people just choose to NOT participate in the thread?  It's like they are afraid of something...

It's a false bravado of certainty that I see from skeptics on so many subjects. 

I'mConvinced
2 minutes ago, lilthor said:

Fair enough, discuss away. As far as I can see it's the same guy making the same claims without any actual supporting evidence.

When taken for independent DNA testing they were shown to be human. Now he is making the claim once more that they are aliens because they look different. Where do we go from here?

• Like 1

lilthor
2 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Fair enough, discuss away. As far as I can see it's the same guy making the same claims without any actual supporting evidence.

When taken for independent DNA testing they were shown to be human. Now he is making the claim once more that they are aliens because they look different. Where do we go from here?

My recollection of the independent DNA test is that their results were something short of definitive, but did show a relation to human DNA (as many expected).

I would think waiting for, and then debating, the results of any new tests may be in order.

I'mConvinced

This is the new claim for those who don't want to trawl the article:

“Each of the little mummies has two arms, two legs, a head, a pair of eyes and a mouth. Tomographic scans reveal their skeletons. The tissue has biological nature and their chemical composition indicates that they are humans. Their DNA features 23 pairs of chromosomes, just like we have. All the four of them are males, each with a Y-chromosome. They appear human but they are not. Their anatomic structure is different,” Korotkov explained

So his new argument goes along these lines: It is anatomically extremely similar to humans, it's genetics show it to be human, in every other chemical and biological measure used on the tissue it is shown to be identicle to a human. Yet he reckons it just don't look right so aliens. Well ok then.

• Like 2

I'mConvinced
1 minute ago, lilthor said:

My recollection of the independent DNA test is that their results were something short of definitive, but did show a relation to human DNA (as many expected).

I would think waiting for, and then debating, the results of any new tests may be in order.

More than a relation. They were identical in every measure taken.

papageorge1
2 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

What about those hands and feet, and all the other differences discussed. What kind of known human is that? It is absolutely a mystery as to what these are. 

Human DNA would be consistent with my theory of a human mother with a hybridized offspring. The DNA can not match any known DNA other than human as human and animal DNA are the only things we know. I await the further tests.

lilthor
9 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Apparently they feel there are more measures to be taken beyond counting chromosomes...hence the plan to do further DNA tests.

And if they do turn out to be "100% human", it really does leave the question of the strange anatomy.

It should be possible to determine if these were all due to birth-defects or corpse mutilation.  It doesn't sound like it to me, though.

I'mConvinced
11 minutes ago, lilthor said:

Apparently they feel there are more measures to be taken beyond counting chromosomes...hence the plan to do further DNA tests.

And if they do turn out to be "100% human", it really does leave the question of the strange anatomy.

It should be possible to determine if these were all due to birth-defects or corpse mutilation.  It doesn't sound like it to me, though.

I'm happy to be shown wrong and I'd love it if this guy had dug up aliens but...

He is going to need to show hard evidence that there is zero chance these are human. So far their chemical composition is identical to human as well as the DNA results. If he can get some independent results, that are repeated, then we'll be talking.

Don't forget this is the same guy who claims to have a photo of the soul leaving the body. It could happen but what are the astronomical odds of the first man to get photographic (non-repeatable unfortunately) proof that the soul exists, physically, is also the first man to find evidence of alien life in Peruvian mummies despite all of the currently available evidence pointing the other way? 

• Like 3

I'mConvinced
29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What about those hands and feet, and all the other differences discussed. What kind of known human is that? It is absolutely a mystery as to what these are. 

Head binding and foot binding are commonplace throughout history. Is it so hard to make a case for hand binding?

So far it isn't a mystery what they are, they're human beings. The mystery is why they were there and what is the significance of the binding mutilation?

Proof they are anything other than human does not exist at this point in time. If he should produce that indisputable piece of evidence then fair enough but nothing about them so far can't be explained by something that doesn't require them to be alien.

• Like 2