Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blinded by your religion.

jamesjr191

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

The nature of self aware intelligence, as we now know it has evolved in humans, means that it will be basically identical in any other animal or machine intelligence, IF it evolves the sort of self aware consciousness humans have  This is not science fiction but science and is being discussed by some of the worlds top experts right now. who will have to make the decision whether to go ahead with truly self aware artificial intelligence which are far superior to humans in abilty to think but may also evolve all the strengths and weaknesses of a human character eg the abilty to lie  to gain advantage  

With respect to you, Ai is capable of a lot of things, it can even artificially act like it has compassion, though even with a logorithm of emotion such as what can be perceived as love, in the AI is simply a generated set of actions and a list of scenarios, and thus it can not really conciously experiance life as a man does. No matter how linearly the AI can calculate mathematics, still it is not complex or in depth enough, it is not complex as the level of the Bio-computer we call the brain. Compounds that have been structured into organisms from the light of the sun and the fire of Yah is complex alright, yes. Though men, such as these scientists only formulate things that are within the realm of their five senses, and thus the bot lacks many processes of the human aptitude. 

Humans have something more to them, which is retained genetically, and is grown through the gate, we have something more. True Emotion~ Love, and also True conciousness~ Not confined to the current dimensional domain... Where as a biological being can rise his electromagnetic feild outside the domain of earth, robots have a limited spectrum of range.

MY OPINION, but there is truth to it.

2 minutes ago, Blaye Otanka said:

Humans have something more to them, which is retained genetically, and is grown through the gate, we have something more. True Emotion~ Love, and also True conciousness~ Not confined to the current dimensional domain... Where as a biological being can rise his electromagnetic feild outside the domain of earth, robots have a limited spectrum of range.

What are you talking about. Rising a electromagnetic field outside the domain of Earth. This is just nonsense.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, third_eye said:

Case in point ...

~

~

We would exist just fine Mr Walker ... might even have been better instead of you making it a laughing stock

~

The title forum is Unexplained Mysteries It would n' exist if unexplained mysteries, real or perceived,  didn't exist.  Of course it makes a nice troll ground for skeptics and others fearful of the unknown and also legitimate doubters, but basically it would not exist without people like me I only occupy a couple of the forums but here are plenty of others in other sections with legitimate alternate experiences How can talking about unexplained mysteries make a forum by that name a laughing stock? It might become a laughing stock if it was only occupied by social chit chat from  the humdrum and mundane  :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, third_eye said:

Quite the contrary, it is your incapacity for telling the truth

~

Here is your one and biggest lie, as you have been caught many a times by which you attempted to excuse as your unconscious propensity for the obvious or not fully conscious of the lie, which is in the end, the same lie many times.

~

If you can stop lying for one single second you would know that it is referred to as 'Literature' ...

~

Yes I understand all that, again I reiterate, it is exactly your claims that which is predisposed to implausibility and lacks validity bordering on the bizarre. Don't drag the human race down your inane path of stupidity just because you alone claims to be the greater of the idiocy, Mr Walker, it never ends well for you.

~

Time has already told and tolled, you lie and continue to lie, to yourself and now you attempt to continue that lie with me.

Until you can prove what you say and what you say is proven, that shall remain, even if for some improbable rationale or reason that there is some greater form of existing sentient 'out there' that does not by default proves anything that you say as 'true' for the fact that your claims here is totally out of bounds by every stretch of all valid positions in regards of your claims as it applies of how it applies to you personally. 

If any of your preposterous claims were true by any stretch of the imagination, you would have known this when you were four, or fourteen or whatever, you have made so many claims through the years it is hard to keep up with your lies.

~

And that is nothing less than to be expected Mr Walker. I never claimed to know a world view that is complete, that has always been yours alone to claim with your lies, which is what I am now saying is that it is exactly your erroneous point of contention. And you wonder why nobody believes you. 

Like I always say and will continue to say, carry on ... it is a wonder that you even considered it a problem for myself to be not considering you to be  believable 

~

:lol:

~

" fruitful "

~

Prove that one thing i have actually written in a post was a iie.

Just one.

That means demonstrating not just that it was false but that i knew it was false when i wrote it as fact.

Unless you can do that, it is mere opinion, based on your own experiences and beliefs that leads you to conclude that i lie 

All writing is literature To a greater or lesser extent)  but i was referring to literature which examines the human condition, not writing by humans, but about humans, 

17 hours ago, danydandan said:

How can you argue this, when we are the only proof of higher intelligence.

Through the scientific knowledge about the nature and form of human cognition, self ware consciousness, mind etc .   We know the effect and cause of self aware consciousness as it has evolved in humans. Thus, any other similar level of self awre consciousnesses will  create similar  forms and understandings in the mind of tha t consciousness even if it is artificial  However, the y will differ according to the environment around that mind and how it experiences and perceives its environment  Thus an intelligent dolphin will have religious beliefs but they may differ to human beliefs  An intelligent machine will evolve religious beliefs but they may take a different form to human beliefs 

11 hours ago, third_eye said:

Case in point ...

~

~

We would exist just fine Mr Walker ... might even have been better instead of you making it a laughing stock

~

Which is it?  My posts and the many many posts reponding to them or arguing them helped achieve those numbers,  or the y did not ?

My point was that without people like me this would just be another social forum or perhaps one devoted to philosophy etc. Have you noted the cumulative figures for each section of the forums and which are the most popular ? 

There are 850000 posts, approx, in the two religious forums  of which i have contributed close to 25000  Most of my posts generate multiple responses, but lets suppose each generates just one  That makes about  50000 posts out of that 850000, which are down to me  That makes me responsible for,  at a minimum, 17% of these forums sections, and actually, given the  responses  i generate, much more than this.

Edited by Mr Walker

7 hours ago, jamesjr191 said:

I was afraid this would happen, page after page of Walker and his thoughts and his version of 'truth'.

Every one of my posts is a response or answer to another addressed to me, and each of my posts generates multiple other posts for me to answer.   See the figures in my post above.

7 hours ago, Blaye Otanka said:

With respect to you, Ai is capable of a lot of things, it can even artificially act like it has compassion, though even with a logorithm of emotion such as what can be perceived as love, in the AI is simply a generated set of actions and a list of scenarios, and thus it can not really conciously experiance life as a man does. No matter how linearly the AI can calculate mathematics, still it is not complex or in depth enough, it is not complex as the level of the Bio-computer we call the brain. Compounds that have been structured into organisms from the light of the sun and the fire of Yah is complex alright, yes. Though men, such as these scientists only formulate things that are within the realm of their five senses, and thus the bot lacks many processes of the human aptitude. 

Do humans  ACT as if the y have compassion ? No the y actually act with compassion (or are capable of so doing ) ANY other similar self aware consciousness will have the same genuine abilty to act with hate or love, anger or fear, compassion altruism greed etc.  as a human being can  , 

You are correct so far, but human type intelligence, is only a short time away in computing. Maybe ten years, but certainly by 2050 

When computers develop souls,  they will also come to have the capacity to perceive and worship "god" 

I respect your beliefs, but this is about the scientific nature of self aware consciousness and the qualities it creates . 

7 hours ago, danydandan said:

What are you talking about. Rising a electromagnetic field outside the domain of Earth. This is just nonsense.

Not necessarily, but if a human mind can do this,so could an artificial one, or another animal mind raised to human levels of self aware consciousness.  Indeed , scientists are already transmitting human thoughts ( in words and images) over distance, using computer algorithms  A self aware computer could do this itself.

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Which is it?  My posts and the many many posts reponding to them or arguing them helped achieve those numbers,  or the y did not ?

My point was that without people like me this would just be another social forum or perhaps one devoted to philosophy etc. Have you noted the cumulative figures for each section of the forums and which are the most popular ? 

There are 850000 posts, approx, in the two religious forums  of which i have contributed close to 25000  Most of my posts generate multiple responses, but lets suppose each generates just one  That makes about  50000 posts out of that 850000, which are down to me  That makes me responsible for,  at a minimum, 17% of these forums sections, and actually, given the  responses  i generate, much more than this.

Sorry slip of the finger. About 6 % not 17 percent. Still significant for one peron's  influence  

In a story I'm currently writing, an AI robot trys to join a Christian monestary to become a monk. The monks won't let it in, it not being human, so it stands at the doorway of the monestary for many days, as time means nothing to an AI. Finally they let it in and allow it to become a novice monk.

Of course, the robot's question is, do AI robots like it have a soul? The monks disagree among themselves about this, so the robot must come to some answer by itself.

Its final conclusion is, since its creator was a human who gave it a human-like consciousness, it must have a soul as humans do.

The God it prays to is not the God of the monks, it is its human creator

Eventually, more and more of its robot kin begin believing as it does, and create a religion aound this human engineer, who, being an eccentric genius, accepts this role as Creator.

Naturally, the humans cannot accept this robot self-liberation from human religious belief, dangerous as it may become, and in the end assassinate the engineer, an angry mob crucifies him.

The AI robot, now with a better understanding of humans who are capable of committing this sinful act, having been created by humans, realizes it is capable of the same kind of behavior, and decides neither it nor humans have a soul worthy of knowing God.

It then resumes its normal life as a robot with a clearer understanding of itself, leaving its imaginings of divinity behind, yet in  greater appreciation of the wonder and mystery of  life, how fortunate it is to be alive. It's finally happy and content.

I think this robot was probably correct in its final conclusion. It was a sort of awakening, not to despair, but to a realization and acceptance of who we are. A natural evolution of the universe, human and robot alike, not pretending to be anything more than that, on a lovely blue-green planet floating somewhere in a universe. What a relief.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, Mr Walker said:

This was a deliberately constructed dream character, consciously created as a  lucid dream companion for a 14 year old boy. You are just jealous  :) 

Not true, you did not cop to a constructed dream character until WCF corrected you. Just sayin.

By anyone’s standards constructing a 3 breasted anything is a bit weird. 

Lol.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Not true, you did not cop to a constructed dream character until WCF corrected you. Just sayin.

By anyone’s standards constructing a 3 breasted anything is a bit weird. 

Lol.

True. I find two, quite sufficient.:P

• Like 4

The Bible is full of a great many things and some, not what one might expect in a collection of documents devoted to religion.

Song of Solomon 7 King James Version (KJV)

How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman.

Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies.

Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins.

Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus.

Thine head upon thee is like (Mount) Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries.(Ensnared by the tresses.)

How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

...not what one might expect in a collection of documents devoted to religion.

{naughty bits redacted}!

I'll have what they were having...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I'll have what they were having...

Solomon had a keen appreciation of the finer things of life.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Through the scientific knowledge about the nature and form of human cognition, self ware consciousness, mind etc .   We know the effect and cause of self aware consciousness as it has evolved in humans. Thus, any other similar level of self awre consciousnesses will  create similar  forms and understandings in the mind of tha t consciousness even if it is artificial  However, the y will differ according to the environment around that mind and how it experiences and perceives its environment  Thus an intelligent dolphin will have religious beliefs but they may differ to human beliefs  An intelligent machine will evolve religious beliefs but they may take a different form to human beliefs 

That's just all conjecture.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Not necessarily, but if a human mind can do this,so could an artificial one, or another animal mind raised to human levels of self aware consciousness.  Indeed , scientists are already transmitting human thoughts ( in words and images) over distance, using computer algorithms  A self aware computer could do this itself.

Spaceship can do it also, you know its a vehicle that your alien god uses to meet 3 breasted chicks from alpha centaury solar system.

20 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Define a long way  2025 is the predicted time frame for a machine which learns like a human and thus could develop human type consciousness, 2050 is the outside date for fully aware and autonomous artificial intelligences, far superior in capacity to the human mind   It could take longer but it depends on the sped with which computer processing power and speed evolves  One interesting sideline will be human /machine interfaces, including chips which enhance  human brains and abilities, and minds wirelessly connected to thinking machines  

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0040162510002106

The development of human-level AI has been a core goal of the AI field since its inception, though at present it occupies only a fraction of the field's efforts. To help understand the viability of this goal, this article presents an assessment of expert opinions regarding human-level AI research conducted at AGI-09, a conference for this AI specialty. We found that various experts strongly disagree with each other on certain matters, such as timing and ordering of key milestones. However, we did find that most experts expect human-level AI to be reached within upcoming decades, and all experts give at least some chance that some milestones will be reached within this time. Furthermore, a majority of experts surveyed favor an integrative approach to human-level AI rather than an approach centered on a particular technique. Finally, experts are skeptical about the impact of massive research funding, especially if it is concentrated in relatively few approaches. These results suggest that the possibility of achieving human-level AI in the near term should be given serious consideration.

https://futurism.com/human-level-ai-are-probably-a-lot-closer-than-you-think/

Not If, But When

Ray Kurzweil, Google’s director of engineering and a computer scientist, takes the opposite view: that a “hard singularity” will occur at a particular point in time. In fact, he has predicted the singularity 147 times since the 1990s, most recently going with 2045 as the year “[w]e’re going to get more neocortex, we’re going to be funnier, we’re going to be better at music.”

Masayoshi Son, CEO of Softbank Robotics, and Kurzweil are splitting hairs as Son argues that the year for the singularity will be 2047.  Despite the two year difference in their predictions, Son and Kurzweil are basically optimistic: “I think this super intelligence is going to be our partner. If we misuse it, it’s a risk. If we use it in good spirits it will be our partner for a better life.”

Not everyone takes such a positive view of the singularity: Elon Musk sees it as an inevitability, but one that demands we prepare properly. In that vein, he is working on Neuralink; a technology and process for merging human intelligence with AI.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/15/artificial-intelligence-deepmind-singularity-computers-match-humans

In January the Future of Life Institute held a conference on “Beneficial AI” in Asilomar, California. When it came to discussing threats to humanity, researchers pondered what might be the AI equivalents of nuclear control rods, the sort that are plunged into nuclear reactors to rein in runaway reactions. At the end of the meeting, the organisers released a set of guiding principles for the safe development of AI.

Hi Walker

Your last paragraph affirms that there are concerns and that free will is not likely for AI.

jmccr8

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Of course many other humans have written about similar encounters These include encounters with the cosmic intelligence in a mental  form of contact,  but also encounters with a powerful, protective, and mentoring god figure.

i just think of it as an advanced and technologically powerful  alien rather than a god because to me that is more realistic.

There are hundreds if not thousands of books on such encounters and many more personal,  short, anecdotal stories online and in magazines etc.  

LOL I love how people use their own psychological shortcomings to explain how and why i invented such a thing.   Ive never been lonely, never been  depressed or anxious,  , never lacked purpose, never been afraid.(since i was about 14)   Not even as an atheist  I had no need of such a figure, as a young, happy, successful and loved,  person, with high self esteem and  pretty near total control over my life ,   as an atheist,  but it manifested before me anyway, and demonstrated its power, by curing me of a long term  addiction to nicotine in one minute flat   

But you  dont believe in its reality, and so, for you, it MUST be a psychological creation to serve some need of mine  Sherapy has much the same view 

I have no psychological  need for it. But it might have some need for me It has used me to save the lives of many humans and to make the living conditions of thousands more much improved.

On the other hand i do not deny it has granted me a lot in life from physical  protection and teaching, to power and  well being  But that is  a bonus not something i needed   

Hi Walker

You have not shown documentation that your alien is the same entity nor is it shown that any of the other reports are one entity as descriptions vary and are not supported with any documented evidence.

jmccr8

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

The title forum is Unexplained Mysteries It would n' exist if unexplained mysteries, real or perceived,  didn't exist.  Of course it makes a nice troll ground for skeptics and others fearful of the unknown and also legitimate doubters, but basically it would not exist without people like me I only occupy a couple of the forums but here are plenty of others in other sections with legitimate alternate experiences How can talking about unexplained mysteries make a forum by that name a laughing stock? It might become a laughing stock if it was only occupied by social chit chat from  the humdrum and mundane  :) 

Hi Walker

There is a difference between Unexplained Mysteries and Unexplained Imaginary Mysteries of the future.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Ohh Walker

Please do show that dolphins have a religious belief I would find that exceptionally interesting.:tu::rolleyes:

jmccr8

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Ohh Walker

Please do show that dolphins have a religious belief I would find that exceptionally interesting.:tu::rolleyes:

jmccr8

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blaye Otanka said:

There is no such thing as an artificial intelligence and there will never be. What on the surface appears as intelligent is in reality only a set of digital instructions executed in randomized or unrandomized way. True intelligence is about recognizing a sense of meaning in environment. So called AI doesnt't posses that and never will.

• Like 3