Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
jamesjr191

Blinded by your religion.

732 posts in this topic

Sherapy
6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

No you didnt get me I was just being polite :) 

I don't believe your pov but i have formed my own from  my own experiences and education 

The analogy was about having to stick to behaviours expected by the other occupants of the house  I don't have to do that.  I don't have to conform to the norms of the other occupants.  i only have to obey the rules set by the owners of the house  See the differnce? 

You don't get my points at all. If, say, a group of drinking sporting jocks couldn't force me  a non drinking anti team sportsperson,  from a sharehouse by intimidation etc., then certainly there is no way a group of forum members could upset me enough to cause me to leave a forum  They just have no way of pressuring me or influencing me to do so. 

I am not necessarily jack reacher tough although i was a lot tougher in my youth,  But i am incredibly stubborn stoic and persistent.  If i want something I get it, and no group of people will illegally intimidate me. They never have been able to   i will walk into a situation even now where i see an injustice or a thereat to others.  In all seriousness i would rather  die trying to do what is right, than have to live, knowing i failed to do so.  

There is no contradiction. Ideas, values opinions etc don't hurt anyone. It is only when they are ACTED upon that they can cause harm So I don't  generally get upset by anyones'  views  but if the y apply those views, and affect me or my community or loved ones, then I will oppose them. 

So you think that, because we have historically lived by primitive, primate- evolved, behaviours, that is a reason or excuse to keep using them, despite the incredible harm they cause? You honestly don't think that humanity can grow up, mature, and become a bit more adult?   That we can eliminate the tendency to violence   we have?  In other words your vision of humanity is self destruction, as our technology increases, and our wisdom, self discipline and emotional control  fails to keep pace.

You must live in a very frightening and hopeless world.  

Finally There is a difference between caring and commitment, and an angry or emotional response.

Ive posted many times about how humans can improve themselves, learn discipline of mind,  take control  of their emotional responses, and use rational responses to situations,  rather  than primitive biological ones.  

Lol, looks like you are channeling JMCRR8 now. 

• Haha 1

internetperson
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

I love every human being as a general starting point.

How about we leave it at this and call it a day? God bless

jmccr8
Posted (edited)

?? :huh::tsu: WHAT THE HECK HI GUYS not sure what happened so I just turned this one into the filler :lol:

jmcr8

Edited by jmccr8
not sure

jmccr8
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

There is no contradiction in the short statement i made, and i find it impossible to see how you  could find any.  You must think i am saying something different  to what i am actually saying, and i dont know what that is. 

I said this

Ah, but then we also have a different concept about the nature of love  When i construct a concept of love, it includes the condition that the love is designed for a lifetime, and I build it to last that long.

I've never loved some one, and then not loved them, in 66 years of life.  

There are  no contradictory elements in that  short paragraph, and it is too brief to contain any. So explain how you see any. 

Hi Walker

No one disputes that you have "a concept" of love and what I am saying to you that you give it a significance and it is based on something that you are using  it as a description of something that exists prior to your awareness of it and here  we are at an impasse once again and just thought I would share this link, :lol:

If the potential for the outcomes of such thinking globally were so as to include reflecting similar patterns no woulder it is hard to talk to some people and keep a straight face at times Walker and:tu: thanks.:lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
structure
  • Thanks 1

Mr Walker
3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Lol, looks like you are channeling JMCRR8 now. 

I am what i am. I've abhorred all forms of bullying, including males imposing their will on women since childhood.   In my teens i had to learn how to both defend myself and also to use more psychological methods to prevent bullying. It extends to any powerful person imposing their will on any vulnerable person, because of their power.  In particular, raising teenage girls, i had to prevent them being manipulated into doing things the y really didn't want to do, by both other girls and young men .    

Mr Walker
1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

No one disputes that you have "a concept" of love and what I am saying to you that you give it a significance and it is based on something that you are using  it as a description of something that exists prior to your awareness of it and here  we are at an impasse once again and just thought I would share this link, :lol:

If the potential for the outcomes of such thinking globally were so as to include reflecting similar patterns no woulder it is hard to talk to some people and keep a straight face at times Walker and:tu: thanks.:lol:

jmccr8

Below is a quick humorous take on a serious issue of the failure of American education.

However no one would be surprised who had watched american beauty pageant contestants answering general knowldge questions

My reply

1 Well, chocolate milk does come from brown cows, Although it more commonly comes from black and white cows in Australia. It certainly doesn't come from  pink or blue cows

2  Citizens ARE being stalked and surveiled.  Just ask facebook or the Australian taxation office.

3 if you believe in predestination, then god already knows the results of every  super bowl match yet to be played.

4.genetic tests show that humans share over 90 % of our dna with  lizards and that lizards were an ancestor of humans.

5 HTML?  Not sure what it is, but better to be safe than sorry, and carry some protection

6 Big foot is a much more accessible concept than the big bang. . 

7 Major news agencies  make up stuff all the time about  celebrities. Just look at the front page of any woman's magazine

8 Dinosaurs still exist . I've seen the movie .

9 Realistically global warming is less likely to harm, or impact on, people with higher incomes This is true for many things in a modern society.

10 barely anyone in any country knows anything about their constitution or indeed much detail about their history  History is in decline as an academic subject and in many counties politics or civics is not even a subject for high school students   . 

• Haha 1

third_eye
On 4/12/2018 at 11:40 AM, Mr Walker said:

There are no contradictions just an inability by your self to understand how love is FOR ME   I love every human being as a general starting point. I see every other human being as an equal to me and worthy of love.

It is exactly your contradictions which are plainly clear to see that is indecipherable, you claim one thing and then you totally go off the bend bu stating something that is utterly antithetical to it, what is the condemnatory presentiments that are being proposed as 'worthy' and 'equal' equates to in this case ?

You are lying that you were not aware that you lied.

~

Then i love some people enough  to relate with them in specific ways eg visit them,  correspond with them etc. . They might be neighbours, past colleagues, or friends 

Then there are people i am close to, like students and extended family.

The penultimate layer on the pyramid are those closest to me such as parents, siblings, children and wife.   At the top and the person to whom I owe the greatest duty of love is myself Only if i love myself, healthily and strongly, can i use the nature of that self love to love others .

As again, you here is demonstrating exactly the kind of lying you are so pathologically inclined to commit, when you 'use' love to love others, and you construct it to your inclined purposes, it does not matter what you associate it with or decidedly make it out to be, it is a construct and hence false, regardless.

~

While i still suspect you are just trolling, posts like this tend me to think you really haven't got  a clue about a lot of things in life, and certainly not a clue about me :)   I do not chose NOT to love anyone, but  choose to invest more love in some people My point was, that i have never changed love for a person  to non love or hate. There is no one i have ever loved who i have ever ceased to love.   

While I am already convinced that you are nothing but a liar,something which you are so reluctant to prove otherwise, I know you don't have an inkling of a clue about the world of lies that you construct for and around yourself.

~

On 4/12/2018 at 12:06 PM, Mr Walker said:

There is no contradiction in the short statement i made, and i find it impossible to see how you  could find any.  You must think i am saying something different  to what i am actually saying, and i dont know what that is. 

I said this

Ah, but then we also have a different concept about the nature of love  When i construct a concept of love, it includes the condition that the love is designed for a lifetime, and I build it to last that long.

I've never loved some one, and then not loved them, in 66 years of life.  

There are  no contradictory elements in that  short paragraph, and it is too brief to contain any. So explain how you see any. 

No surprise there, as with all your other grandiosely constructed attestations designed to vaingloriously draw attention to yourself, it is tainted with lies.

~

• Like 2