Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the ghost of Nelson's wife?

Black Monk

This is the chilling moment the 'ghost of Admiral Nelson's wife' was seen wandering around HMS Victory before disappearing through a wall.

The spine-tingling footage appears to show the ghostly figure of a woman in a dress and heels walking through the upper chamber of the warship.

Tony Ferguson, who has a keen interest in the paranormal, was exploring the vessel during a day out when he felt like something was following him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5515177/Shadowy-figure-roams-upper-chamber-HMS-Victory.html

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

That is no ghost :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

That is no ghost :D

Well you don't know that.

Pretty cool. It is interesting that he saw nothing with his naked eyes. I wonder if the spirit impressed itself on the video as a gesture for this investigator. Just a speculation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Well you don't know that.

Oh, yes I do tongue.gif

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Pretty cool. It is interesting that he saw nothing with his naked eyes. I wonder if the spirit impressed itself on the video as a gesture for this investigator. Just a speculation.

I believe that some spirits may be caused by what is known as the "stone tape theory." These spirits, unlike others, are not the spirits of dead people but are instead some sort of "video recording" or "sound recording" of a moment they actually performed in life and that, in certain conditions, a person sees the "video recording" or hears the "sound recording".

A good example of the stone tape theory is the sounds of battle that are often heard at English Civil War battlefields.

This ghost could just be a "video recording" of an action performed by someone many years before in that spot.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

I believe that some spirits may be caused by what is known as the "stone tape theory." These spirits, unlike others, are not the spirits of dead people but are instead some sort of "video recording" or "sound recording" of a moment they actually performed in life and that, in certain conditions, a person sees the "video recording" or hears the "sound recording".

A good example of the stone tape theory is the sounds of battle that are often heard at English Civil War battlefields.

This ghost could just be a "video recording".

Good chance of that too. I think it is what some people call 'residual haunting'. In such cases I understand the apparition is not aware of the living environment. The apparition here seems to be pacing slowly. I wonder if that wall she went through wasn't located there in her day??

Why would she have posibly been on the HMS Victory as a ghost when she never set foot on his ships when she was alive. She stayed home and looked after his father.

If this guy wanted this to sound remotely believable, he should have asked it this Emma Hamilton. Even then you would have to ask if ghosts exist, then why would she be on that ship! 

Jeeeze!!!!!!

No ghost here folks. Not even a decent story. At least mention which wife....the legal one or Hamilton?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5

I am dubious about this ghost but the ship itself is utterly gorgeous. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am dubious about this ghost but the ship itself is utterly gorgeous. 

I was always told I'd be amazed how small it was in real life. I got there and it was ******* enormous. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Why would she have posibly been on the HMS Victory as a ghost when she never set foot on his ships when she was alive. She stayed home and looked after his father.

If this guy wanted this to sound remotely believable, he should have asked it this Emma Hamilton. Even then you would have to ask if ghosts exist, then why would she be on that ship! 

Jeeeze!!!!!!

No ghost here folks. Not even a decent story. At least mention which wife....the legal one or Hamilton?

Exactly what I was thinking. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I wonder if that wall she went through wasn't located there in her day??

FCS man, read up on your hiatory. 

She NEVER went on his ship.

And which "she" do you mean?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

FCS man, read up on your hiatory. 

She NEVER went on his ship.

And which "she" do you mean?

what about this from the OP article: The vessel was Admiral Nelson's flagship in the Battle of Trafalgar and Nelson's wife is said to have regularly visited him during his time as vice-admiral.

7 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Didn't go through a wall, walked behind a bulkhead or wall.

The article and photography was insufficient for me to say what happened. I was going by what the guy that was actually on-board said.

20 minutes ago, seanjo said:

can't believe people fall for this hucksterism.

Me neither, but apparently some do cuckoo.gif

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The article and photography was insufficient for me to say what happened. I was going by what the guy that was actually on-board said.

Yeah but the guy in the article saw nothing at the time, so the only evidence he has to go on is the same as you've just seen.

If it's not sufficient evidence for Papa then the Convinc'o'meter is reading 0% chance of ghost here.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

what about this from the OP article: The vessel was Admiral Nelson's flagship in the Battle of Trafalgar and Nelson's wife is said to have regularly visited him during his time as vice-admiral.

It's the Daily Mail. I appreciate that as an American you're not usually subjected to it, so may well not be aware of its reputation, but it's a rag. If they printed that the sky was blue I'd pop out and check. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Watch the vid. It's no ghost just a prank or deliberate act of faking.

I watched the video and don't believe you can say that with anything but false bravado.

The word 'could' comes to my mind.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I watched the video and don't believe you can say that with anything but false bravado.

I think it can be said with utter certainty.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The word 'could' comes to my mind.

The word 'sham' comes to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Good chance of that too. I think it is what some people call 'residual haunting'. In such cases I understand the apparition is not aware of the living environment. The apparition here seems to be pacing slowly. I wonder if that wall she went through wasn't located there in her day??

It's otherwise known as residual energy. This sort of ghost is not the spirit of a dead person but some sort of recording from the past. That's why some ghosts walk across rooms and then through walls: when they walked along that room in life - during the moment that become "recorded" - there was probably a doorway there that is now blocked up, so it appears as though the ghost is walking through the wall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Fanny became estranged from her husband, who refused all contact with her through to his death at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Nelson

MORE?

Now tell me, upon your honour, whether you have ever suspected or heard from anyone anything that renders my own fidelity disputable.” “No,” Nelson replied. These were the last words they ever said to each other.

Read the original article here: Lord Nelson's West Indian Widow: Franny Nisbet | Caribbean Beat Magazine http://www.caribbean-beat.com/issue-32/lord-nelsons-west-indian-widow-franny-nisbet#ixzz5A8CYaFac 

He was not with Fanny when he was on the HMS Victory and prior to this she wrote him letters...until

The letter was returned to her with the words “opened by mistake by Lord Nelson but not read”.

Read the original article here: Lord Nelson's West Indian Widow: Franny Nisbet | Caribbean Beat Magazine http://www.caribbean-beat.com/issue-32/lord-nelsons-west-indian-widow-franny-nisbet#ixzz5A8EtONTk 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Yeah but the guy in the article saw nothing at the time, so the only evidence he has to go on is the same as you've just seen.

I would assume the gentleman was more familiar with the layout than me. However whether it was a bulkhead, wall or nothing, that is not the important issue