Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the ghost of Nelson's wife?

Black Monk

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

I can say it is not a ghost because it looks like someone walking....they are wearing a long coat which is not unusual and can i ask why is itvin black and white? Why has he not got colour on his camera...everyone has colour nowadays....unless they want to try and create an effect...think about it, but not for too long.

Notes: 

There is a shadow

There is no wall...the windows are continous

The person does not look his way and does in no way appear to be following him.

Black and white video...today. did he not have a phone with a colour recorder?

Those are arguments against a ghost, not a proof it's a living person. That's the difference.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Those are arguments against a ghost, not a proof it's a living person.

huh.gif  But if it's not a ghost, it must be a living person.

• Like 2

Hard to believe he didn't see it, yet the camera picks up the "ghost" and their reflection on the floor.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stiff said:

huh.gif  But if it's not a ghost, it must be a living person.

Yep, i could not see it any other way either.

No argument here, just pointing out the facts.

Ok paraG, hit me with yours.....but please do not make it as cryptic as your  post  #83..i am not even going to ask you how you work that out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Ok paraG, hit me with yours.....but please do not make it as cryptic as your  post  #83..i am not even going to ask you how you work that out.

The paraG says there can always be made arguments for and against 'ghosts' in the OP story, so claiming certainty either way is just false bravado. Hopefully, that is not too cryptic for you. I understand a difference between 'argument for' and 'proof'.

Edited by papageorge1

In over 50 years of seeing spirits occasionally, I have never seen a ghost casting a shadow or reflection. I have seen live things do that, however.

This is not proof that it is not a ghost now? It is just "an argument against"? 

jeez. 

• Like 3

When was this? I know the dockyard does Victorian/Charles D. Days where people dress up

• Like 1

Historical attractions seem to take it in turns to have mysterious apparitions appear at their venue. Sorry but any validity of what may or may not be on that film, will be kind of overshadowed by years of stunts to generate higher visitor numbers just like this....

• Like 1

Maybe its just a time traveler that is fluctuating at a different frequency so you cant see it with your naked eyes but it can be captured by the camera. Who knows? Aside from the video footage that can be interpreted many different ways, no one knows. Just another anomaly.

15 hours ago, freetoroam said:

What do you mean by better quality? Do you mean more aggreeing with your ideas?

I have given my view about this particular story and i do believe i have given some quality information, which is more to be said about certain details in  the article, which is complete nonsense. 

The fact this is in 3 (woop woop)  news reports which do not actually say "this is" but asks "is this" because some paranormal guy says so....basically says it all.

Not even the Daily Fail could be bothered to investigate it fully, they just printed the story and left people to make up their own minds. 

What's there to investigate?

14 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I can say it is not a ghost because it looks like someone walking....

Like many ghosts do.

4 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Like many ghosts do.

With a shadow?

When i say someone, it means a living person. An alleged ghost is not a 'someone'. 

Why would a ghost need shoes or clothing?

• Like 2

The black and white video and the shadow drive the likelihood of this being a ghost way down. 

• Like 3

I can definitely say that it might be a ghost on the other hand perhaps it definitely isn't 

On 3/18/2018 at 5:24 PM, Black Monk said:

The video is, in my opinion, a pathetic fake. I say that for a number of reasons:

(1) the so-called ghost does not actually disappear but walks behind a barrel, stops, turns and looks back to the camera. 

(2) the camera happens to be pointing directly at the 'ghost' when the clip starts and than pans around afterwards. 

(3) why would you take out a camera to film if you cannot actually SEE any ghost. What was the reason for filming?

(4) The figure (aka 'actor' or 'poser') walks with their hands behind their back like a man dressed up as a woman. No woman ever walks with their hands behind their back like a superviser or inspector.

(5) For a camera to pick up an image it must receive the light reflected off the surface of the image. If there was nothing physically there to reflect light then no light was reflected into the camera. You might say that the image was light itself in which case the camera man's retinas would have registered the light source. 

(6) If this is a real ghost it is probably Nelson himself striding about his private quarters in admiral mode but dressed in drag and looking for Hardy to kiss him! :-*:D

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Black Monk said:

What's there to investigate?

NOTHING. ;)

• Like 2

The figure in the video is an actual, living, solid person, no mystical woo, I faked convincing videos to prove that these videos can be easily faked, in over 30 years of "ghost hunting in some of England's "notoriously haunted towns, villages and buildings". I've neither seen nor heard anything that can't be rationally explained. I got fed up with my fake videos being used by people as "evidence" of haunting so I stopped making them and removed them. I still investigate now and then, not to prove that ghosts exist but to support my belief that they don't.

I suspect that there are those who will now say that the reason why I've never had an "experience" is because I don't believe, have those who believe ever thought that it's because you believe you interpret the mundane and every day as supernatural and paranormal. I can provide you with plenty of evidence that disprove the existence of ghosts, can you provide one video that can't be scientifically scrutinised that is 100% proof, and I really do mean "beyond any doubt or question". Personally, I don't think such evidence does, or will ever, exist.

Anyone want this soap box?

6 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

I like this theory and on some level I’d like to believe it. But that’s all it is, a theory, so you should think about how you word your responses because you make it seem like that is the definite answer, where in reality the answer is not yet known.

I’d like to consider myself a scientist and am chartered in a professional scientific organisation. I used to laugh at people who believed in ghosts and used to throw “science” in their face. Then one idle afternoon whilst walking along a coastal path with a friend we both witnessed a full apparition of what we believe was a lifeboat man.  Completely inexplicable and went against everything I believed.

Just because there is no scientific explanation that we know of, doesn’t mean there isn’t one. We just haven’t discovered it yet. 

Personally, I'd be very interested in hearing as much as you can say about this incident. Maybe you could start another thread on it? 

1 hour ago, goodgodno said:

Just because there is no scientific explanation that we know of, doesn’t mean there isn’t one. We just haven’t discovered it yet. 

I agree with that statement.

As one who likes science and also believes in ghosts, souls and the reality of paranormal phenomena, I also believe there is a scientific explanation for everything, but science is limited in its reach at this time to what is directly detectable by our physical senses and instruments. Even science tells us 95% of the matter in the universe is not directly detectable (so-called dark matter). I believe science one day will recognize these additional planes/dimensions of reality. 

In my theory your ghostly sighting was just the fleeting physical manifestation of something originating from a realm/dimension we can not directly perceive. You saw the  effect but not the cause. Probably science someday can get at the cause. In the meantime I look to other wisdom traditions that I believe can shed much understanding on these things. I believe people and animals have extra sensory perception that can detect things beyond our physical dimensions and the disciplined gifted ones can tell us much (Theosophy and eastern (Vedic) wisdom traditions for example).

As truth is one, I predict an eventual coalescence of science, spirituality and the so-called paranormal but I probably won't see it until my next lifetime.

Edited by papageorge1

6 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

Sure thing, never started a thread before but if you think it’d be interesting I’ll try and get around to it.

I think it'd be very interesting if you could. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. There is a certain amount of ignorance when one is so easily dismissive of something, simply because it cannot be fully explained by today’s science.

In addition to ‘ignorance’ in the above, I would add ‘arrogance’. I often go off here on the arrogance of hard-line science proponents. They feel they are to rule the roost of knowledge.

16 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. There is a certain amount of ignorance when one is so easily dismissive of something, simply because it cannot be fully explained by today’s science.

I don't think that is a good this to say.     

I could add that there is a "certain amount of ignorance" when someone believes anything they hear about.  

I don't really think that way except for certain things.   One IS ignorant if they believe the flat Earth theory.   One is ignorant if they believe the chemtrail conspiracy theory.  One is ignorant if they don't believe the global temps are rising. 

Belief in ghosts is not ignorant in my opinion.   However I don't think they exist. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

Apologies I was being overly simplistic and not explaining myself fully. I don’t mean ignorance in terms of anything. 

All the examples you mentioned there is resounding quantitative evidence. 

The paranormal there is no clear evidence but the number of experiences by a huge number of people is hard to ignore.

My comment was towards papas post who explained it much better than I can and we seem to be in agreement.  I’m not referring to people who think “I don’t think it’s a ghost (in the sense of a spirit) but some other explanation maybe”. I’d go as far as to say that’s how I feel as well.  

Personally i cannot dismiss something as a complete impossibility just because science cannot currently explain it. I’ll consider it a possibility (however unlikely) until evidence shows me to the contrary.

I understand where you are coming from.   It's all good.  :tu:

"The paranormal there is no clear evidence but the number of experiences by a huge number of people is hard to ignore."

I disagree with this.   Too many things come into play.   Mind tricks, hoaxes and mis-identifications to name a few.  Papa has said before that he believes in bigfoot and the reason it has not been found is because it is an inter-dimensional being.  I think that is just finding a way to make what you believe to be true.   I could claim the Loch Ness monster, unicorns and leprechauns are real, but they are inter-dimensional beings if I wanted to go down that path.  

• Like 1