Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We're living in strange times

hetrodoxly

18 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You might want to post a bit more information on this, to accompany the video.

I hadn't heard of Lauren Southern, but just watched a rather entertaining video on feminism and science :lol:

You're absolutely right though, we are living in strange times.

Actually, "dangerous" is a better word than "strange" when we're using terrorism laws to shut down free speech.

Mind you, she is Canadian... known worldwide for their intolerance and evildoing! :o

*points to satire discliamer in case it wasn't obvious*

• Like 8

She used to do some stuff for Alex Jones, as I recall, but I think she decided he was becoming a bit too potty. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

I don't know whether to thank you or not, hetrodoxly.

I've just spent the last couple of hours getting sidetracked and meandering though crappy YouTube videos :lol:

I do like Lauren Southern though. She talks a lot of sense and is pretty witty...

This is what she's referring to (little bit of bad language at the start)...

:blink:

I don't think this is derailing your thread, and it puts into context the sort of woman that the authorities deem fit to ban from Britain.

Shameful if you ask me.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I don't know whether to thank you or not, hetrodoxly.

I've just spent the last couple of hours getting sidetracked and meandering though crappy YouTube videos :lol:

I do like Lauren Southern though. She talks a lot of sense and is pretty witty...

This is what she's referring to (little bit of bad language at the start)..

:blink:

I don't think this is derailing your thread, and it puts into context the sort of woman that the authorities deem fit to ban from Britain.

Shameful if you ask me.

She's the sexiest man I've ever seen.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Thanks for posting - I wish I could say that this was unbelievable but nowadays it isn't.....

What's happening to Britain...?

Islamification.....?....... because the alternative is a kind of civil war and economically damaging social unrest... ?

Optimistic view = The authorities must be hoping that a couple or more generations down the line muslims will become
more Westernized, integrate and be absorbed into the broad body of British society - values, customs etc.

Pessimistic view = Islam will remain a independent political / religious organization colonizing the UK and it's influence will
grow as it determines to keep basic control of it's members and forges strong allegiances with Islamic countries and groups...

This is an interview with the two other young people detained and banned from entering Britain....

Not sure what happened... but Tommy Robinson was going to read out Martin Sellner's 'speech' for him at Hyde Park Corner
because he couldn't do it himself.....  

For the record I am disgusted that these young people were banned from entering the UK - 

• Like 5

Our ancesters died for the right to say what they thought fascist wearing their uniform like the brown-shirts of the 1930s tried to shut down speakers corner this weekend who would have predicted that thugs in masks would be allowed to roam the streets beating anyone who didn't toe the facists line, these 'brown-shirts' are not only allowed to spread their hate on university campus but encouraged to do so by some of their teachers the government and media appear implicit the old chestnut 'the silence is deafening' as never been more apt, who'd believe that blasphemy laws would be used in 2018.

• Like 3

What's happening to Britain ?...... Listen to this interview and weep....... feel the dead of the last World War turning in their graves...

Stefan Molyneux interviews Tommy Robinson.... who is just about the bravest man in the country right now..... 

This discussion comes after the detention  of Lauren Southern,  Brittany Pettibone and Martin Selner - who were barred from Britain
 - while ISIS fighters and Jihadi Brides returning from Syria are accommodated ... 

6:10..... Tommy Robinson.... "It shows a worrying start -if this is what they're going to do now -everyone in the country sees what
they done to try and silence me - if they're going to detain journalists who they disagree with their views - then this is a scarey path
we're heading in as a country..."

Stefan Molyneux .... " well it's a very certain path where it ends up - because to me the calculation on the part of the government is
quite clear - that they're not going to get much trouble from the white Christians but they might get trouble from the Islamic extremists -
and so it's simply a matter of amoral calculation of costs and benefits - and to me this  recognition of this basic fact is the old saying...
'it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease'..... who gets the peace?....well the group the people are most frightened of and what it
does is it encourages people to escalate aggression, attacks violence and so on - because that has been clearly signaled by the state -
this is how you get your way - this is how you get us to bend to your will ...." 

Edited by bee
  • Like 4

Don't forget the "Nazi pug". Count Dankula might be fined and jailed for a *joke*. The YouTube guy trained his dog to do the "heil, Hitler" salute as a prank on his girlfriend. The Orwellian creeps charged hm with a hate crime. 

• Like 1

Because these reporters were stopped from entering the UK a call went out to all believers of free speech to attend a meeting at speakers corner (Hyde park London)  a place of free speech for over a 100 years frequented by the likes of Marx, Lenin and Orwell, all colours of the political spectrum were represented and they turned out in their thousands, it's to be repeated this coming sunday at 15:00 (3:00 PM) (not reported in the main media as usual) it's being broadcast live.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Because these reporters were stopped from entering the UK a call went out to all believers of free speech to attend a meeting at speakers corner (Hyde park London)  a place of free speech for over a 100 years frequented by the likes of Marx, Lenin and Orwell, all colours of the political spectrum were represented and they turned out in their thousands, it's to be repeated this coming sunday at 15:00 (3:00 PM) (not reported in the main media as usual) it's being broadcast live.

It's best to watch live streams of events if you want to know the facts and the truth about them. You don't have to contend with "experts" who use biased filters to "explain" what it "really means". I prefer live streams over any news outlets, even ones that I like. I don't need interpreters of my own reality. 

I'm disappointed that there are no posts or threads about the pug. I thought that libertarians here would have much to say concerning the important free speech court case. It really shows how authoritarian the UK has become over the past decade, and it shows that things likely won't reverse course unless the British people force their rulers (intentional word choice) to do so. I saw this coming years ago while I was in warm water with other frogs in the pan.

• Like 1