Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did a mystic predict Putin's rise to power ?

UM-Bot

I think she's been debunked several times.

• Like 1

It does not take a mystic to predict that he is going to be a powerful man. He has charm it is said, intelligence, a very strong background for intrigue and power brokering, and is in a political system which needs this sort at its core to do its best. He came up during the most fragile time this century for Russia imo, and was what it needed most at that moment to steady up and survive as the regime it is.

Apart from his politics, which I don't ascribe to, he actually is a very brilliant man and a far better option than the majority of leaders out there today in MY OWN opinion. A man like this you need at your core because he is gonna work for the country hard as this is what lines his own nest. He would be deadly anywhere else.

• Like 2

I'm not going to get into a Putin debate. There's enough of that going on in the thread on the Salisbury incident.

I will say though that he isn't going to rule the world. He may be one of the main protagonists in ending it, but there's a few small small obstacles to overcome before donning the crown, such as a nuclear armed West...

I'm going to say "blind mystic Baba Vanga" is a teensy bit off base with this one... :unsure2:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It does not take a mystic to predict that he is going to be a powerful man. He has charm it is said, intelligence, a very strong background for intrigue and power brokering, and is in a political system which needs this sort at its core to do its best. He came up during the most fragile time this century for Russia imo, and was what it needed most at that moment to steady up and survive as the regime it is.

Apart from his politics, which I don't ascribe to, he actually is a very brilliant man and a far better option than the majority of leaders out there today in MY OWN opinion. A man like this you need at your core because he is gonna work for the country hard as this is what lines his own nest. He would be deadly anywhere else.

He's not a brilliant man. You don't know what's going on here in Russia. Everything is either stagnant or breaking down. Small and middle-sized businesses barely survive even evading taxes. Virtually everyone whom I know personally either don't like or even hate Putin and yearn for some change in the political climate. His seemingly universal support, shown in the bygone elections, is just false. Just take a look at the turnout percent. Even if the numbers are true, not counting all who were forced to vote for him under the threat of being fired (e.g. workers of the state corporations, school teachers, medical workers, etc.), he is supported at most by the half of the country. If he's really so superior, why the whole half of the country didn't care to vote for him? Or vote at all? Doesn't that mean that they feel there's no hope for a change left and everything's decided? Or may be indeed it's a form of protest.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 7

I did not say he was good for people. I am not speaking of the human element and am not here to debate Russia, as I feel the Russians themselves know their reality better than I do.

I am saying as a man he is brilliant in what he does. He did strengthen the core of what was the USSR, and he is brilliant at power-brokering. This retains his personal grip. I am not at all surprised he is succeeding at what he is set on doing, and in this sense he is better than many leaders. He was of a group who feared and rejected the risk of the breakdown of the USSR and he has delayed that, which was his goal.

I said I do not ascribe to his politics. I am addressing this mystic's claim in 1979 he was going to be strong. He is a strong predator and brilliant in that sense. No mystic claims needed to guess that much. 

Is he gonna rule the world? Nah. Is he good for the people? Are his elections fair and valid? Doubtful from my seat and point of view, but, I am responding to this mystic's claim is all. 

I feel great love for the Russian people. Increasingly I also relate strongly with them as I feel less all the time that we here have control over our own government and begin to wonder if anyone does. I wish you well. Chaldon. My post is not at all to argue against what you say.

• Like 2

Not Baba Vanga again :rolleyes: She's getting nearly as annoying as Nostradamus.

That prophecy is also *so* generic that it could fit any powerful Russian  and ooooh she said "glory of Vladimir" and "Putin is a Vladimirz!!!1!!2!" Let alone that it would be like making a British prophecy about the "Glory of John", there's a number of famous historical Vladimirs in who's glory that supposed future guy is supposed to be seen a new Communist Leader, for example (in the glory of Lenin) a a new Monarchic Leader (the principality of Vladimir is where Czarist Russia was born) etc etc etc

And you know she kind of missed the mark on that World War III thing in 2010-14 and as of March 2018 Europe should be "almost depopulated" for two years now...

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Chaldon said:

He's not a brilliant man. You don't know what's going on here in Russia. Everything is either stagnant or breaking down. Small and middle-sized businesses barely survive even evading taxes. Virtually everyone whom I know personally either don't like or even hate Putin and yearn for some change in the political climate. His seemingly universal support, shown in the bygone elections, is just false. Just take a look at the turnout percent. Even if the numbers are true, not counting all who were forced to vote for him under the threat of being fired (e.g. workers of the state corporations, school teachers, medical workers, etc.), he is supported at most by the half of the country. If he's really so superior, why the whole half of the country didn't care to vote for him? Or vote at all? Doesn't that mean that they feel there's no hope for a change left and everything's decided? Or may be indeed it's a form of protest.

I feel your pain. We in the States had a turn out of 61%. I think it comes down to apathy, people have given up. Plus we are being manipulated by a corrupt media run by weathy men who have no ethics.. So much for having a free press.   I wonder, is there any place on the planet where they have a good government?  

Welcome to UM.

• Like 3

Yeah these predictions seem to be carrying on the tradition of "predictions Baba Vanga never made", and even if she did....someone called Vladimir in Russia? Yeah nice guess haha, now if she had said "Putin", then I would be listening a little more.

This has become silly, like the "Bible Code", fitting events to predictions after the fact, attributing very vague links, and making them up as they go along, getting silly and stale now....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaldon said:

You do know that what you are speaking of is currently happened (happening) all around Europe and the U.S. And it has nothing to do with your president. It has to do with the WTO, IMF and most favored nation status which has utterly wrecked the economies of western Europe and the U.S. Finally there is an administration that although flawed is seeing that the decisions of the 90s has utterly gutted economies and are working to get those lost economies back. Not to mention Russia has been given massive trade sanctions.

As far as Putin is concerned, you guys are between a rock and a hard place. If you think your lot in life is going to improve if Putin is removed then you are day dreaming. The U.S. started the coup in Ukraine and that place is worse off then its ever been and it will not get any better. So you pick your poison carefully.

And I totally agree with Granpa Greenman. You cant have all the media controlled by 5 companies and I think it will be 4 if that merger goes through. Might as well just have a Nazi office of information dissemination at this point.

• Like 2

Thank all you guys for understanding! After all there should be some solution. I bet on civilian unification of the world through the informational technologies, may be some new type of digital money and distributed digital governance, rendering all the former types of government obsolete. But until then I decided to distance myself from all politics as far as possible and carry on with what I love - music, art, UFOs and bigfoot. :D

• Like 5

Sometimes those betting predictions are true, but mostly i waste my money.

1 hour ago, Chaldon said:

Thank all you guys for understanding! After all there should be some solution. I bet on civilian unification of the world through the informational technologies, may be some new type of digital money and distributed digital governance, rendering all the former types of government obsolete. But until then I decided to distance myself from all politics as far as possible and carry on with what I love - music, art, UFOs and bigfoot. :D

The United Nations is in place as a world governing body, but has no real power. People need to feel they have autonomy over their region and they should have. After all they are the ones who have to live there.  The minute you say world government to lot of Americans  go out and buy more guns.  Another layer of government is a hard sell mostly, because the ones most of us have are so messed up.  I don't want a government to tell me what religion I am, who I love, or what I'm having for dinner. I do want a government that fixes pothole up the street, clean water coming out of the tap, the fire department, schools, hospitals, etc.. .  Infrastructure is  the number one job of government.  If they would just stick with that and keep their nose out my of personal affairs.  As long as nobody is getting hurt it isn't anybody's business.  I think eventually world government will happen, because we can't go on supporting arms profiteers.  The price we pay to them with our children's lives is too high.  Hopefully reason will prevail and we won't end up worst off than we are.  

• Like 1

as offensive as he is to the democratic west the truth is that Putin has been good for his country. blind drunk Yeltsin was a fool for Russia and look at how beneficial he was for the west. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:31 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

this was 1979 don't forget. she predicted the first name of the Russian leader that will rule the world. so whether she is talking about Putin or whether Russia even rules the world is open to interpretation. Putin was a middle manager in the KGB in 1979. under the radar. and Baba Vanga would not have known of him. of course with all such mystics, predictions like this should be taken with a grain of salt. now if she mentioned his full name that would be something else indeed. 

a brillant man no doubt. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

this was 1979 don't forget. she predicted the first name of the Russian leader that will rule the world. so whether she is talking about Putin or whether Russia even rules the world is open to interpretation. Putin was a middle manager in the KGB in 1979. under the radar. and Baba Vanga would not have known of him. of course with all such mystics, predictions like this should be taken with a grain of salt. now if she mentioned his full name that would be something else indeed. 

a brillant man no doubt. 

I also understand that Vladimir is seen as quite common for a name there, so maybe she would have said Bill or George or Donald for a chance of a hit here. Who knows?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I also understand that Vladimir is seen as quite common for a name there, so maybe she would have said Bill or George or Donald for a chance of a hit here. Who knows?

okay i see what you mean. could also be something like Pierre being synonymous with France as Vladimir is to Russia.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

okay i see what you mean. could also be something like Pierre being synonymous with France as Vladimir is to Russia.  

Also consider Baba says "Vladimir's glory". She could have been playing for heritage with that and never meant him, I mean Vlad the Great is arguably Russia.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vladimir-I

• Like 3

There are too many egos with nuclear weapons for any one person to RULE the entire world. The US would watch the entire world go up in a mushroom cloud before admitting it wasn't the premier super power.

6 hours ago, The Narcisse said:

There are too many egos with nuclear weapons for any one person to RULE the entire world. The US would watch the entire world go up in a mushroom cloud before admitting it wasn't the premier super power.

forgot about that other big ego, Trump. thank goodness he’s not a dictator like the others. by democratic design more than choice, of course. 

I'm surprised that on this forum we haven't heard more about the Nostradamus predictions. 

Something something Bear will pluck the feathers of the Eagle and all that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm surprised that on this forum we haven't heard more about the Nostradamus predictions. 

Something something Bear will pluck the feathers of the Eagle and all that.

wasn't that one debunked by snopes? There was one allegedly in the Koran also that wasn't true. I lost a lot of "friends" by pointing out the very popular Koran quote was bogus LMAO.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

wasn't that one debunked by snopes? There was one allegedly in the Koran also that wasn't true. I lost a lot of "friends" by pointing out the very popular Koran quote was bogus LMAO.

I'm not saying there's anything to it, just that I'm surprised I haven't seen anything here.