Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 people reportedly shot at Maryland school

Still Waters

There was a shooting Tuesday morning at a high school in St. Mary's County, Maryland that has reportedly left at least three injured and the incident has been contained, according to authorities.

The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office says it happened at Great Mills High School and that police are on the scene. ABC7's Brad Bell reports sources told him three people were shot.

http://wjla.com/news/local/officials-shooting-at-great-mills-hs-in-maryland-incident-contained

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Still Waters said:

There was a shooting Tuesday morning at a high school in St. Mary's County, Maryland that has reportedly left at least three injured and the incident has been contained, according to authorities.

The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office says it happened at Great Mills High School and that police are on the scene. ABC7's Brad Bell reports sources told him three people were shot.

http://wjla.com/news/local/officials-shooting-at-great-mills-hs-in-maryland-incident-contained

Good thing police were at that scene saving some kids . Most states want to have a police officer at every school, but some complain it going to cost the states to much,  but I sure parents wouldn't mind paying. 

• Like 2

Austin Wyatt Rollins.   An honor grad, no less.  Sounds like it was girl problems.

Edited by Gromdor

Why is this Maryland school shooting not a trending topic anywhere? On the heels of Florida, this should be big news!

We must control guns, take away the full semi-automatics. The 2nd Amendment doesn't mean that...wait, what? You're saying that the whole thing was stopped before any casualties because an armed guard engaged the shooter? A good guy with a gun stopped the whole thing?

Oh, um...right. Did you um, hear about the table Ben Carson bought for $31,000? 

Impeach!!!!

-Leigh Scott

(you can find him on Facebook)

• Like 3

I see no AR-15 was used but a Glock semi auto handgun. It didn't mention what model it was but the G17 has a capacity 10+1 rounds.

The article said they had a prior relationship. Seems maybe the shooter couldn't handle a breakup so he sought revenge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

Only two dead? Still an horrendous tragedy.

that's two too many. definitely must be age restrictions on gun ownership and also tighter storage laws. 

• Like 3

I think teens today need counseling on how to handle everyday life. The parents, teachers and school boards need to get together and discuss issues with teens these days such as bullying. Parents need to talk to their kids if they are being Bullies or being Bullied and take action. Schools need to be more firm on those that bully other students. I don't know if schools have counselors today but if they do, then they need to step up. And parents need to participate.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

Why is this Maryland school shooting not a trending topic anywhere? On the heels of Florida, this should be big news!

We must control guns, take away the full semi-automatics. The 2nd Amendment doesn't mean that...wait, what? You're saying that the whole thing was stopped before any casualties because an armed guard engaged the shooter? A good guy with a gun stopped the whole thing?

Oh, um...right. Did you um, hear about the table Ben Carson bought for $31,000? 

Impeach!!!!

-Leigh Scott

(you can find him on Facebook)

Not the whole thing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hawkin said:

I think teens today need counseling on how to handle everyday life. The parents, teachers and school boards need to get together and discuss issues with teens these days such as bullying. Parents need to talk to their kids if they are being Bullies or being Bullied and take action. Schools need to be more firm on those that bully other students. I don't know if schools have counselors today but if they do, then they need to step up. And parents need to participate.

So we aren't calling people "snowflakes" anymore?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:
11 hours ago, Kismit said:

Only two dead? Still an horrendous tragedy.

that's two too many. definitely must be age restrictions on gun ownership and also tighter storage laws. 

Two? I thought it was just the shooter who died later in the hospital, after being shot. I was worried, because of the two students who were shot, the girl was listed in critical condition and I thought she died of it. But, I'm not reading anywhere, so far in the various new's site links to see if she did. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Shooter was 17. Age restriction on handguns in Maryland limits ownership to 21 and over.

So, someone who planned on shooting people did not follow the law. I'm shocked. Shocked. We should have laws against injuring and killing people, too. Wait, you mean to tell me we already do? Again, shocking.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

Not the whole thing.

I think we can agree it's still more effective than a Police squad waiting outside the front doors

19 minutes ago, Socks Junior said:

Shooter was 17. Age restriction on handguns in Maryland limits ownership to 21 and over.

So, someone who planned on shooting people did not follow the law. I'm shocked. Shocked. We should have laws against injuring and killing people, too. Wait, you mean to tell me we already do? Again, shocking.

I hear you, but if we had more laws we could prevent this from happening. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So we aren't calling people "snowflakes" anymore?

Just proposing a solution to the problem. To me it's a people problem and not a gun problem. But if you have any solutions, feel free to share them here.

5 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

Just proposing a solution to the problem. To me it's a people problem and not a gun problem. But if you have any solutions, feel free to share them here.

It's just the irony of "safe places" and counseling to solve the problem, when for the last year we have heard nothing but how we overly coddle our youngsters and that they are "snowflakes".  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's just the irony of "safe places" and counseling to solve the problem, when for the last year we have heard nothing but how we overly coddle our youngsters and that they are "snowflakes".  

Do you have a solution?

Just now, Hawkin said:

Do you have a solution?

Sure, turn our schools into jails and don't let the kids leave till they graduate.  No one gets in or out to shoot them.   Parents can visit and talk through glass.  Problem solved!

You might think I am being sarcastic, but it seems we are just a few steps away already.

I'm willing to give your safe places and counseling idea a try.  (Still going to snicker about the irony, though)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Sure, turn our schools into jails and don't let the kids leave till they graduate.  No one gets in or out to shoot them.   Parents can visit and talk through glass.  Problem solved!

You might think I am being sarcastic, but it seems we are just a few steps away already.

I'm willing to give your safe places and counseling idea a try.  (Still going to snicker about the irony, though)

I don't see how you equate my idea with a safe place. It seems your idea is the safe place by locking them up.

1 minute ago, Hawkin said:

I don't see how you equate my idea with a safe place. It seems your idea is the safe place by locking them up.

I'm sorry but, having read stuff like this over the last year:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/generation-snowflake-how-we-train-our-kids-to-be-censorious-cry-babies/

I can't help but laugh.  We had this big push against the liberals and their "Anti-bullying industry".  And now with these shootings, everyone is rushing towards it as a solution to the problem, when we spent the last few years ridiculing it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I'm sorry but, having read stuff like this over the last year:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/generation-snowflake-how-we-train-our-kids-to-be-censorious-cry-babies/

I can't help but laugh.  We had this big push against the liberals and their "Anti-bullying industry".  And now with these shootings, everyone is rushing towards it as a solution to the problem, when we spent the last few years ridiculing it. 

It seems you can find Problems with Solutions but can't find Solutions to Problems. I don't think you were serious in post # 22.