Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First meditation - is it going the right way?

Elizabeth Cygan

Hi, I'm new on the forum, so excuse me for any mistakes that I'll make.  Recently I got very interested by energy connected things. It started from being interested in making orgonites and as I'm still waiting for ingredients to come I decided to broaden my internal energy. Without reading too much (I think that most of the things will come naturally) I've done today my first meditation for half an hour (it's difficult having two little children...) and I've seen only darkness from which later escalated darker spots. They in the end were turning into images like big wave coming and quickly becoming a bunch of flying birds then a man iceskating in front of me. My question is whether it was a state of meditation or just my imagination or I don't know what else?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elizabeth Cygan said:

Hi, I'm new on the forum, so excuse me for any mistakes that I'll make.  Recently I got very interested by energy connected things. It started from being interested in making orgonites and as I'm still waiting for ingredients to come

It's nothing more than a "focusing tool" like a mandala or drum. Don't waste your money...

4 hours ago, Piney said:

It's nothing more than a "focusing tool" like a mandala or drum. Don't waste your money...

I need to find out myself whether it works somehow or not and,  fortunately, I spent little money on the components to make an orgonite so there won't be any waste (most stones are keepsakes from grandma). Orgonite won't be used for meditation, though. 

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Cygan said:

Hi, I'm new on the forum, so excuse me for any mistakes that I'll make.  Recently I got very interested by energy connected things. It started from being interested in making orgonites and as I'm still waiting for ingredients to come I decided to broaden my internal energy. Without reading too much (I think that most of the things will come naturally) I've done today my first meditation for half an hour (it's difficult having two little children...) and I've seen only darkness from which later escalated darker spots. They in the end were turning into images like big wave coming and quickly becoming a bunch of flying birds then a man iceskating in front of me. My question is whether it was a state of meditation or just my imagination or I don't know what else?

What is the aim of your meditation? What are you trying to achieve? You need to communicate a clear goal to us if we are to tell you if you`re going the right way about it.

19 minutes ago, Elizabeth Cygan said:

I need to find out myself whether it works somehow or not and,  fortunately, I spent little money on the components to make an orgonite so there won't be any waste (most stones are keepsakes from grandma). Orgonite won't be used for meditation, though. 

Did you read the link I posted?

6 hours ago, Elizabeth Cygan said:

Hi, and welcome to UM.

Some things come naturally in Meditation. But there is a strong necessity for discipline too. Personally I find that the more you focus breathing and nothingness the more these somethings come into our consciousness. You'll also find that what works today may not work tomorrow, so mix it up a bit..

This sounds like it was a meditative state to me.. These are subtle things, so much so that how you interpret them will determine what they are. Call it imagination and imagination is all it will ever be. Call random brain farts and random brain farts is all it will ever be. The subconscious often speaks in metaphors, the collective conscious in archetypes images.. Imagination, Inspiration, divine influence.. They're all points on the same scale.  The deeper you do into your self the more you will realize how little we know. Well done. Embrace the unknown. :tu:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

What is the aim of your meditation? What are you trying to achieve? You need to communicate a clear goal to us if we are to tell you if you`re going the right way about it.

The aim is just self development, lets say that I always wanted to know and to experience something above our daily life. Maybe the aim will specify depending on what I'll feel after further meditation

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Did you read the link I posted?

Yes, I've read it earlier before coming to UM (I've done some research on the topic), but wikipedia is, for me, not a reliable source of information. Especially health matters (also a point for me with orgonites) 

26 minutes ago, Professor T said:

Hi, and welcome to UM.

Some things come naturally in Meditation. But there is a strong necessity for discipline too. Personally I find that the more you focus breathing and nothingness the more these somethings come into our consciousness. You'll also find that what works today may not work tomorrow, so mix it up a bit..

This sounds like it was a meditative state to me.. These are subtle things, so much so that how you interpret them will determine what they are. Call it imagination and imagination is all it will ever be. Call random brain farts and random brain farts is all it will ever be. The subconscious often speaks in metaphors, the collective conscious in archetypes images.. Imagination, Inspiration, divine influence.. They're all points on the same scale.  The deeper you do into your self the more you will realize how little we know. Well done. Embrace the unknown. :tu:

Thank you for your inspiring answer! I'll be practising my meditation and, when have some time, read more on tge topic itself. As I had more time today evening I tried to meditate during bath and was little amazed cause there were no pictures or shapes but definitely I felt like being thrown somewhere else out my body (it was sudden sensation with numbness in fingertips). I'm glad that I got to UM (my husband laughs at the description of my experience) 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Elizabeth Cygan said:

Yes, I've read it earlier before coming to UM (I've done some research on the topic), but wikipedia is, for me, not a reliable source of information. Especially health matters (also a point for me with orgonites) 

The Harvard Medical Library will tell you the same thing about Orgone energy. It's long debunked psycho-babble. 

• Like 1

Excellent work EC. To me you seeing shapes and such your first time out means you are having a great start. It took me a week just to shut my mind up long enough to visualize anything. 

My advice would be forget about results for the time being  just enjoy the silence for a bit. Whatever comes of it comes.

• Like 1