Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampire Elites

Hermai

You ever wonder how the ultra-wealth elite perceive the world? Consider this, where do their loyalties lie? Not to a singular nation-state or political system. Rather, an elite family only exists to drain the resources from one profitable empire and move on to the next up and coming state. Consider the possibility that one family could have leapfrogged from Rome, to Constantinople, to France, to Germany, to Britain, and to the U.S., and…then where? 

Move in. Secure the profits of successful industry via your wealth. Drain industry. Move to another country before the collapse. And so on and so forth.

The earth literally plays host to economic vampires.

• Like 2

They eventually drain themselves. But they bring others down with them.

• Like 1

yep, soon as corporate law came into being removing responsibility for wrongs from any one person, the race was really on.  Before that they had to be a bit more cautious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

You ever wonder how the ultra-wealth elite perceive the world? Consider this, where do their loyalties lie? Not to a singular nation-state or political system. Rather, an elite family only exists to drain the resources from one profitable empire and move on to the next up and coming state. Consider the possibility that one family could have leapfrogged from Rome, to Constantinople, to France, to Germany, to Britain, and to the U.S., and…then where? 

Move in. Secure the profits of successful industry via your wealth. Drain industry. Move to another country before the collapse. And so on and so forth.

It's easy to see patterns in hindsight, but it would be virtually impossible to "leap-frog" through history the way you describe. No one would know what empire was on the ups or the downs. I mean, people in many places literally didn't know the Roman Empire was gone in the sixth and seventh centuries, which makes sense when you realize it's not for another millennia or so that people defined the specific "events" that marked its decline and fall. So figuring out where and what power is isn't easy in the present, let alone trying to plan out into the future.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph

14 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

How would you know how they view the world?

Well the richest 1% does own half the world: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/14/richest-1-percent-now-own-half-the-worlds-wealth.html

Things such as citizenship is pretty much pointless for them as well.  They are welcomed anywhere in the world because of their money.  It's only $500,000 to stay in the US:  http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/fullpage/500000-green-card-eb-visa-program-28662457

Not sure about the draining of the countries and moving on bit.  Countries are the livestock that provides them their wealth.  It's not in their best interests to let them fall.  Governments can come and go though.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

How would you know how they view the world?

we can only guess. look at foreign home ownership in the western world and who are the biggest investors and buyers. people predominately are moving capital to safe havens from corrupt and dictatorial political systems, just in case of political and economic turmoil. 

you don't see many Americans buying property and summer house's in Russia, but the reverse is true. so yeah, economic jumping vampire families surely exist and always will until the money runs out and they find themselves trapped in country or they find another more safe and profitable nation.  

On 3/22/2018 at 7:26 AM, jaylemurph said:

It's easy to see patterns in hindsight, but it would be virtually impossible to "leap-frog" through history the way you describe. No one would know what empire was on the ups or the downs. I mean, people in many places literally didn't know the Roman Empire was gone in the sixth and seventh centuries, which makes sense when you realize it's not for another millennia or so that people defined the specific "events" that marked its decline and fall. So figuring out where and what power is isn't easy in the present, let alone trying to plan out into the future.

--Jaylemurph

no i think that people would have seen the writing on the wall in countries like Rome, Constantinople, Csarist Russia, Hitlers Germany, Fidels rise in Cuba and so on. if i had wealth and feared for my safety and economic prosperity id be buying up in other western countries like Canada, parts of the U.S. Germany, Norway, Switzerland etc etc. what i wouldn't be doing is moving part or all of my wealth to Russia. Venezuela or Mexico. self preservation is not so alien and unseeable as you think. 

• Like 1

The rich are a plague that need to be expunged. Class inequalities are and have always been the biggest dividing line between quality of life. Let's lower that ceiling.

On 3/29/2018 at 2:59 PM, Podo said:

The rich are a plague that need to be expunged. Class inequalities are and have always been the biggest dividing line between quality of life. Let's lower that ceiling.

Lot of rich people work for where they got. Really. So you want communism. Take from some and give to all. I am not rich, but I make a good living. I worked my hinney off to get to where I am. Rich are a plague. Wow. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, The Skeptic Eric Raven said:

Lot of rich people work for where they got. Really. So you want communism. Take from some and give to all. I am not rich, but I make a good living. I worked my hinney off to get to where I am. Rich are a plague. Wow. :rolleyes:

Yes, actually, I do. The gap between rich and poor is too large. It should be very, very small.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Podo said:

Yes, actually, I do. The gap between rich and poor is too large. It should be very, very small.

Well. You have other countries to pick from. You can always move there.:D

On 4/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, The Skeptic Eric Raven said:

Well. You have other countries to pick from. You can always move there.:D

I live in Canada, we're already well on our way. 

They do not see the world through the eyes of ordinary people. They do not know the problems which ordinary, working class people endure in their lives. But elites do say how they know what is best for everyone, now even in politics they preach about values, values which they can't, naturally, understand.

Those who were war profiteers in my country are today at leading positions in politics. They can't speak in the name of my father who lost his health when he was wounded in the fight nor could they imagine to be the people who pay 3000€ for injection which replaces damaged bone in his knee. That's why medical insurance doesn't cover that, regardless of him being one of many who made this country.

But as long as many people, younger especially, have role models in yachts and in luxury way of life... I can not be angry nor could i blame profiteers.

I blame my self first, my father 2nd and then the rest of this deluded society. Our war leader, when asked by soldiers about what they can expect after war, he said ''you will have rights as long you fight for them'' but nothing will come free, he end his reply with ''there will be injustice, a lot of it''. Then he left politics. Those are words of once ordinary man. Elite would reply with ''you are special citizens you will have everything''. 

Feudalism never ended.