Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird sounds on the phone?

Anonymous12321

So I was in a group chat with some friends when we heard dogs barking. One of my friends did not have her dog with her, and the other friend's dog was asleep. I am very scared. We ignored it and then it turned to laughing. We all hung up and made a new one. The laughing continued and then stopped. We heard the dog barking again and kept going. The dog started whimpering and then stopped. Then I heard screams on the line and I hung up. This all happened a few minutes ago. We all want an explanation and fast. Thanks!

Someone in the chat had some fun with the rest of you... case solved...

• Like 3

What kind of group chat was it? Phone? Internet?

Edit: Oh, I see you said phone. Interference from somebody else’s call possibly bleeding through? Screams would be unlikely though. 

Could someone have had their TV sound up?

Or the paranormal? I have heard cases of ghosts interacting through phones.

Edited by papageorge1

Back in the day this would be phone line crossing. I had it a couple of times that I could here another conversation during a phone call. But with digital communication that should be totally impossible as each call is encrypted. So I guess a prank is the most likely explanation.

Edited by aearluin
  • Like 2

Welcome to UM @Anonymous12321,

It’s most likely this or something similar: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-channel_interference

It is a privacy issue too, people hearing other people’s calls, so best to contact your network if it continues so that they can resolve any issues. 

Google is your friend (most of the time), no need to get scared when you can find likely explanations in 5 seconds. 

Many years ago at a friend's house, we were little kids playing with the phone, and once when we picked the receiver up we heard two women having a conversation.  We two girls talked into the phone but the women didn't respond.  We could hear them but they not us.   Sounds like your phone tapped into another line.

Chihuahua phone hacker gang again. They must be stopped!

• Like 1

when I was a kid they had line bleeds all the time it could be a party line that someone wanted to use privately and was trying to scare everyone off of.  but the bleed over was common and still happens upon occasion that would be my first and main guess as to what happened. it happens to me upon occasion from my cell to my landline

I can here a tiny distant"voice" most of the time in the background whoever I ring from my mobile also whoever I call can her it,i think it's a kind of bleed over like you get on sideband radio it's bloody annoying 

On 3/21/2018 at 4:12 PM, Herr Falukorv said:

Someone in the chat had some fun with the rest of you... case solved...

All three of us were talking at the time it happened. These people are my most trusted friends. We were all terrified. I have known these people for years. I know them really well.