Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eating Vegan Diet Promotes Masculinity

Almighty Evan

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I lived off tuna and ramen when I was first diagnosed. As it was the only thing I could stomach without severe pain. I didn't bother with the favor packet. Those things will kill you. Then I found OMAD.

You can eat pork if it's cooked to death in stews and soups. Ramen is intestinal destruction. I lived off of Ramen and tuna for 3 years in the Max. Can't look at either anymore.

1 hour ago, moonman said:

WTF is "white masculinity" anyway?

Haven't a clue.

2 hours ago, Piney said:

You can eat pork if it's cooked to death in stews and soups. Ramen is intestinal destruction. I lived off of Ramen and tuna for 3 years in the Max. Can't look at either anymore.

I hardly eat it any more. But it was the only think I could eat after my diagnosis that didn't make me feel sick. I've constantly refined my diet to what I'm eating now. Which works. I seem to have found my balance.

1 hour ago, moonman said:

WTF is "white masculinity" anyway?

You've got me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemonic_masculinity

I guess it's this crap.:hmm:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Red meat screws me over. I guess the grease does it. So I'm stuck eating fish, eggs, and chicken. I can't have anything fried or it's hell on my gut. Plus the problem with having a strict vegan diet is seeds. Anything that has seeds is off the menu and with nuts. I can have peanut butter, but peanuts, nope.

The worst effect that a vegan diet had on me was weakness, fatigue, and hunger. I don't get how people make a life of it.

I got pretty sick trying to be vegan.

It was not good for me.

• Like 2

Besides, I love cheese.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I got pretty sick trying to be vegan.

It was not good for me.

I don't know how long you were vegan, but you had that day. That one moment that you say "Screw this!". I've had that moment twice. When we went on the sonoma diet. Lost a lot of weight, but everyone was extremely hangry. So we broke down and got pizza and ice cream plus tons of sodas. My moment when from the vegan thing was at a restaurant. Was looking through the menu with my wife. The smell of everything around me, was gnawing at my mind. I got a chicken sandwich. Safe to say my wife was p.o'd at me. She got over it. She order her salad, then before we left she ordered a steak. I swear that woman is the worlds worst for diets. She'll try everything.:rolleyes:

My first break with veganism I went to Olive Garden and had the Tour of Italy.

Talk about saying **** it.

• Like 1

When I was first looking into OMAD I found this. Even tried it and lost weight. You'd be surprised at the difference in 1600-1800 calories of junk food vs real food. 

Well technically we are all vegans..

they say you are what you eat.. 

and what we eat .. eats what vegans etc.. 

Therefor.. we are vegan.. 

On 3/24/2018 at 1:59 PM, Piney said:

My stepmother was friends with a Philly DJ that's a vegan and she always made fun of him because he was grossly obese and always ate cheese less pizza and potato chips. I always thought he was a schmuck.....

Yeah I had a while where my kidneys could not process protein (early kidney failure).  I didn't go vegan but avoided meat.  Bean Burritos, Spaghetti, mushroom olive pizza, cheese enchiladas.   You know health food! 

• Like 1