Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Small vibrations

NANA72

Feeling a little freaked out, this only happens during the day , a sometimes take a nap , because I have trouble falling asleep at night, so the second I open my eyes , without moving at all, my bed starts to shake , small vibrations for about 2-3 minutes straight and then it just stops.

there’s no animals around, no kids, no trains, no earthquakes, and I look around and nothing else is moving, I also make sure that I’m not the one doing it, I’ve even moved the bed to a different spot and still happens regardless of where the bed is at, and there’s nothing under the bed either ! 

HELP!! Am I the only one experiencing this?

21 minutes ago, NANA72 said:

Feeling a little freaked out, this only happens during the day , a sometimes take a nap , because I have trouble falling asleep at night, so the second I open my eyes , without moving at all, my bed starts to shake , small vibrations for about 2-3 minutes straight and then it just stops.

there’s no animals around, no kids, no trains, no earthquakes, and I look around and nothing else is moving, I also make sure that I’m not the one doing it, I’ve even moved the bed to a different spot and still happens regardless of where the bed is at, and there’s nothing under the bed either ! 

HELP!! Am I the only one experiencing this?

Have you had another person confirm the vibrating since it's repeatable?

Look up 'hypnic jerk', 'vibrations before going to sleep' (go down to the serious sites...), and just 'sleep disorders'.  These effects are quite common, but there may be an underlying disorder, so talk to your dr.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info, the info seems to b before sleeping and or during sleep with twitches , but I don’t twitch and this happens after I wake up and my body doesn’t move at all, at first when it happened that’s what I thought, that it was my body , but it’s not 

57 minutes ago, NANA72 said:

Thanks for the info, the info seems to b before sleeping and or during sleep with twitches , but I don’t twitch and this happens after I wake up and my body doesn’t move at all, at first when it happened that’s what I thought, that it was my body , but it’s not 

Sometimes I get twitches in my lower arms, while I'm awake.  My doctor seemed to think it was neurological, but I'm not sure.   You could be low in a mineral or vitamin and that can cause twitching.   See a doctor for tests and blood pressure check.

I take vitamins and blood work has been all fine, I also have OSA and use a APAP machine at night, and I’ve had my arms, hands and legs twitch , and that’s why at first that’s what I thought it was and dismissed it, but I’ll keep reading on “Hypnic jerks “ and anything else I can find ! Lol 

Could be cars/trucks driving by. Depending on the circumstances of the land the road can be a surprisingly long way away from your house but you will still feel them. I know, because it happened to me. I would feel trucks drive by while in my bed, even though the road was a couple hundred yards away and I was on the second floor.

Edited by moonman