Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something that always stuck with me.

MrNicholas

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I will try not to bore everyone but wanted to see if anyone else ever had a similar experience to me, or even has any type of explination.

When i was about 17 years old, i didn't believe in, or had seen any evidence to ignite my imagination regarding anything spiritual or paranormal. Tv shows i watched, movies i saw. Sure i had seen horror or sci fi movies growing up, but i never really payed attention to, or looked out for paranormal events and had no reason to. I wasnt religious and hadn't ever read anything regarding spirits or the afterlife. 

But one night when i went upstairs to my bedroom getting ready for bed. I walked into what was a very dark room. My room faced away from the street and no neighbours had any kind of garden lights. Not to mention the curtains were closed and the lights were off, no electricals were on. I.e: tv,alarm clocks. No kind of light. Anywho..as soon as i opened the door i felt uneasy, is the only way i can explain it. Directly in front of me, I instantly noticed two lights, perfectly circular. They were about 2 inches across and were bright like a torch light. Except they light was solid from edge to edge. You know how a torch light, although circular, has variations in strength of the light? Like a spot in the middle etc. This was more like a pure white solid light but didn't give off light around it. These two lights were dancing on the chimney wall. Up down, crossed over eachother but stayed on the one section of the wall. I don't know why but i got scared. Its nothing i had seen before so i went downstairs in a panic. When i came back 20 mins later, opened the door slowly and peaked around the door. The lights had gone. And i never saw them again. I have seen paranormal programs that show orbs as flickering small specs of light floating around rooms. But these didnt float toward or away from me, they were actually on the wall. Also, this is the same room that when i was a young boy i would wake up in the middle of the night and feel as though i was being pinned down. Like hands on my shoulders, my body froze and it would take all my strength to force myself to sit up.i dont know if the two are even connected. I had read about people who have that waking paralysis and assumed it was that. I havent researched if its linked to paranormal or unexplained phenomena. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any similar experience with these lights. Or anyone who has researched any of the things i mentioned and has explinations or similar stories. I look forward to anyone who takes the time to reply. Or just reads my story. 

• Like 3

I have heard many people seeing orbs that were solid lights like yours. Orbs are often considered the easiest form for an entity to take.

• Like 2

There are several reports on this forum about sleep paralysis also which will confirm to you they sound the very same, or even more drastic at times. It feels totally real when it happens for sure so is hard to believe it is not. 

Orbs are controversial, most people do not believe in them, and admittedly most pictures of them are easily able to be blamed on bugs or dust. But, IMO, this does not prove none of them are real. Perhaps, given how you felt about it, your two were quite real. As papa says, the theory is that orbs are an easy form for spirits to take.

Welcome to UM :)

• Like 2

I'm a very open minded person. I wouldn't jump to a conclusion that the orbs i saw were spirits of people that had passed. Although for something unknown, is a possibility. For all we know these are just energy beings, a form of life we do not understand. that have been here since the beginning. But the unfortuate part is that, because so many people are of the opinion that these things do not exist in some form or another. The research will never be funded properly and will be left to 2nd rate tv shows to have one single opinion and force it down the throats of the week minded. It's a shame. I would love to know what i saw and why it made me feel that way. But in my lifetime I think it will remain a mystery. Thanks for the response. And for taking the time to read my no doubt poorly written ramble.

• Like 1

I doubt very much that we will see serious scientific research into such things as orbs until science confirms (or not) that we even survive death. Para normal research tries, but just is not compelling. We may not know for a great deal of time, as you say, Mr. 

I believe in "ghosts", and phenomenon, I just am not sure what they actually are. Energy beings is a thought. 

I had a friend who has since passed on who frequently captured a bright orb on film around her in her home and she was convinced it was a pet of hers she had dearly loved. Maybe it was. Maybe it just gave her happiness. I honestly do not know. It gave her some comfort in her terminal illness and hurt nobody at all, so far as I am concerned it was an angel. A doggy one maybe, but an angel. 

• Like 1

I saw a very vivid"Rainbow" orb on our bedroom wall I knew it was on the wall because I was in bed about 8ft away,I put my hand up and covered it up then it just dissappeared a few weeks later I saw it again woke my wife up whispered for her to look but she couldn't see a thing which is odd as for what it was I don't haveven a clue

On 3/23/2018 at 0:45 PM, MrNicholas said:

I walked into what was a very dark room. My room faced away from the street and no neighbours had any kind of garden lights. Not to mention the curtains were closed and the lights were off, no electricals were on. I.e: tv,alarm clocks. No kind of light. Anywho..as soon as i opened the door i felt uneasy, is the only way i can explain it. Directly in front of me, I instantly noticed two lights, perfectly circular. They were about 2 inches across and were bright like a torch light. Except they light was solid from edge to edge. You know how a torch light, although circular, has variations in strength of the light? Like a spot in the middle etc. This was more like a pure white solid light but didn't give off light around it. These two lights were dancing on the chimney wall. Up down, crossed over each other but stayed on the one section of the wall. I don't know why but i got scared. Its nothing i had seen before so i went downstairs in a panic. When i came back 20 mins later, opened the door slowly and peaked around the door. The lights had gone. And i never saw them again. I have seen paranormal programs that show orbs as flickering small specs of light floating around rooms. But these didnt float toward or away from me, they were actually on the wall. Also, this is the same room that when i was a young boy i would wake up in the middle of the night and feel as though i was being pinned down. Like hands on my shoulders, my body froze and it would take all my strength to force myself to sit up.i dont know if the two are even connected. I had read about people who have that waking paralysis and assumed it was that. I havent researched if its linked to paranormal or unexplained phenomena. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any similar experience with these lights. Or anyone who has researched any of the things i mentioned and has explanations or similar stories. I look forward to anyone who takes the time to reply. Or just reads my story. 

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed these mysterious stories.. thanks for posting it.

I cant say I've researched this kind of thing, but its been something that's fascinated me for a long time, and I guess I have a theory that's sketchy at best.

I wonder if you can push your memory back to it and answer the following?

Did the lights act intelligently?

What was their air like? Air as in atmosphere, feel, vibe?

It looks as though you responded to this rationally with neither too much skepticism or too much open mindedness. That's great to see because most people swing too far to the left or right to the point that the event is perceived as what the mind wants it to be instead of what it actually was.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 26/03/2018 at 5:26 AM, Professor T said:

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed these mysterious stories.. thanks for posting it.

I cant say I've researched this kind of thing, but its been something that's fascinated me for a long time, and I guess I have a theory that's sketchy at best.

I wonder if you can push your memory back to it and answer the following?

Did the lights act intelligently?

What was their air like? Air as in atmosphere, feel, vibe?

It looks as though you responded to this rationally with neither too much skepticism or too much open mindedness. That's great to see because most people swing too far to the left or right to the point that the event is perceived as what the mind wants it to be instead of what it actually was.

I'm not sure i would describe it as intelligent. But i do remember it vividly. I have seen paranormal programs that captute orbs on camera but they are usually half an inch across atthe most. These were a bright white, not yellow or blue tinted like any high powered torches. I can liken it to those green or red laser pens bouncers use but with a very crisp highly defined edge and a lot bigger, each at least an inch to two inches across, perfectly circular. And like i said they were bright white. They seemed like they were reacting off of eachothers movement so an element of intelligence if thats what you meant?. But for whatever reason when i walked into the dark room and saw them the feeling i had was...not fear. But..maybe a panic for no reason. My adrenaline seemed to kick in sort of like when you get into a confrontation before a fight and you feel somethings going to happen so your body prepares you. So not scared but very aware of some sort of presence. Energy, spiritual or completely unexplained, but the atmosphere was most definitely different. I wish science had some sort of explination because without it we're just all labeled "crazy" or seeking some kind of attention. But ive only ever told a handful of people i know. And being that im 35 and this happend when i was around 15-16 it's clearly not not the case of attention seeking. Be great to know what it was but what can ya do eh?... Glad there's open minded people on here to bounce ideas off. Thanks for the reply.

Be safe.

On 24/03/2018 at 6:00 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

I doubt very much that we will see serious scientific research into such things as orbs until science confirms (or not) that we even survive death. Para normal research tries, but just is not compelling. We may not know for a great deal of time, as you say, Mr. 

I believe in "ghosts", and phenomenon, I just am not sure what they actually are. Energy beings is a thought. 

I had a friend who has since passed on who frequently captured a bright orb on film around her in her home and she was convinced it was a pet of hers she had dearly loved. Maybe it was. Maybe it just gave her happiness. I honestly do not know. It gave her some comfort in her terminal illness and hurt nobody at all, so far as I am concerned it was an angel. A doggy one maybe, but an angel.

• Like 1

You said it was on the chimney. Could it have been some kind of atmospheric phenomenon? Some type of ball lightning? 

1 hour ago, Openmindhere said:

You said it was on the chimney. Could it have been some kind of atmospheric phenomenon? Some type of ball lightning? 

It could be absolutely anything, as I said before I'm open minded. However, never seen those atmospheric phenomenon with my own eyes in front of me. But have seen videos that describe or recreate this rare phenomena. This looked nothing like ball lightning other than the fact the shape was circular. Also there were no storms at the time of the coming days. Unless this ball lightning can somehow be created from the electricity running through the walls. But as we know wires are insulated and earthed for that very reason. 

My best guess is that we are but a spec in the history of this planet. We have been around as a race for such a small moment in time compared to what has been before us. We are still learning about our planet but also coupled with the egotistical "we know everything" attitude we have. and our tendency to follow an opinion on mass, what hundreds of years ago started as ghosts or spirits as an explination to certain events is still to this day, used  as an explination to what people think when you mention strange lights, things moving on their own or unexplained sounds. "Oh, you believe in ghosts? You're crazy" (apart from this forum, obviously) :-).

We look for an explination for everything and if nothing logical is achieved to come to a conclusion, it seems to be either ignored or passed off as fairy tale. Historically. Like now, if you were to watch a tv show about the paranormal. the show puts a disclaimer to say this show is for entertainment purposes only and is not the view of (chose your tv channel) its still almost taboo for anyone to say this is a genuine scientific experiment to see if the unexplained can be explained. I'll stop rambling sorry, i tend to do that. I just feel that if we still know less about the ocean, which covers 90% of the planet and are still finding new species of animal every day, why can't other things we know nothing about be taken more seriously. 

• Like 3

On 5/14/2018 at 6:47 AM, MrNicholas said:

They seemed like they were reacting off of each others movement so an element of intelligence if that's what you meant?. But for whatever reason when i walked into the dark room and saw them the feeling i had was...not fear. But..maybe a panic for no reason. My adrenaline seemed to kick in sort of like when you get into a confrontation before a fight and you feel somethings going to happen so your body prepares you. So not scared but very aware of some sort of presence. Energy, spiritual or completely unexplained, but the atmosphere was most definitely different. I wish science had some sort of explanation because without it we're just all labeled "crazy" or seeking some kind of attention. But Ive only ever told a handful of people i know. And being that I'm 35 and this happened when i was around 15-16 it's clearly not not the case of attention seeking. Be great to know what it was but what can ya do eh?... Glad there's open minded people on here to bounce ideas off. Thanks for the reply.

Be safe.

Fascinating, again, thanks for posting..

My Theory, as sketchy as it is, is that you were very privileged to have seen something that is usually hidden from the rest of us. I tend to believe that there is intelligence in all things and places seen and unseen. That every now and then when the conditions are right someone (yourself in this instance) can slip into these places and catch a glimpse of what's there. These other dimensions if you want to call it that are ever present and unseen, but can be noticed by the vibe or feel or atmosphere.. The feel gives it away, tell's you how close it is, that hyper awareness is pretty neat when you stop and think about it. You knew something was up before you opened the door. The conditions for this to occur are a mystery, but I'm pretty sure one's own state's of Mind, Body and Consciousness are 1/2 of the puzzle.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2018 at 2:47 PM, MrNicholas said:

I'm not sure i would describe it as intelligent. But i do remember it vividly. I have seen paranormal programs that captute orbs on camera but they are usually half an inch across atthe most. These were a bright white, not yellow or blue tinted like any high powered torches. I can liken it to those green or red laser pens bouncers use but with a very crisp highly defined edge and a lot bigger, each at least an inch to two inches across, perfectly circular. And like i said they were bright white. They seemed like they were reacting off of eachothers movement so an element of intelligence if thats what you meant?. But for whatever reason when i walked into the dark room and saw them the feeling i had was...not fear. But..maybe a panic for no reason. My adrenaline seemed to kick in sort of like when you get into a confrontation before a fight and you feel somethings going to happen so your body prepares you. So not scared but very aware of some sort of presence. Energy, spiritual or completely unexplained, but the atmosphere was most definitely different. I wish science had some sort of explination because without it we're just all labeled "crazy" or seeking some kind of attention. But ive only ever told a handful of people i know. And being that im 35 and this happend when i was around 15-16 it's clearly not not the case of attention seeking. Be great to know what it was but what can ya do eh?... Glad there's open minded people on here to bounce ideas off. Thanks for the reply.

Be safe.

I only saw one true orb ever. I was about 10 and my grandfather was cleansing a house where a woman had tried to contact a friend with a Ouija and attached herself to something else. It was exactly how you described it. It was about 6 inches across, bright white and moved with a purpose. Not like those orb videos you see all the time that look and move like dust motes.  

• Thanks 1