Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Richard Dawkins and Christianity

Only_

Just now, simplybill said:

Communism in practice is an atheistic, militant, expansionist, and ruthless ideology. The idea of 'Correlation does not equate to Causation' is a moot point. Communism doesn't hide its anti-religious aggression.

Whatever. Keep believing what you want to believe all you want then. I've given every rational argument imaginable, and there has been plenty of evidence presented to you to objectively prove your position here false. But instead, you're just gonna continue to plug your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" all day long and believe whatever the F you want anyway like a damn child.

So yep. I'm through with you.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

So your saying that Atheism caused all the mass shootings in American schools and colleges?

I'm saying that an education system that supports is part of it.

1 minute ago, FFA said:

What about this idiotic redneck "gun culture" in the U.S.???

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FFA said:

There is zero evidence to support that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Whatever. Keep believing what you want to believe all you want then. I've given every rational argument imaginable, and there has been plenty of evidence presented to you to objectively prove your position here false. But instead, you're just gonna continue to plug your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" all day long and believe whatever the F you want anyway like a damn child.

So yep. I'm through with you.

Aquila - we're not talking about something that occurred during the Middle Ages. Communism can be observed today, in real time and in real life. In my lifetime, I've seen the devastation that atheistic Communism brings to the unfortunate people under its totalitarian governments. You can use every supposed 'rational' argument you want, but the actual implementation of atheistic Communism has proven itself to be a murderous ideology.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Do you think that because Communist aggression isn't religious, then it should be held less accountable?   

Hi Bill

I don't see how you are making this association, Communism is a political system and held accountable in that sense. Religion was outlawed but in a sense became religion like, it does not reflect athiest perspectives as a cultural whole because individuals will keep personal beliefs personal and may not speak about believing in god openly.

jmccr8

• Like 5

Just now, simplybill said:

Aquila - we're not talking about something that occurred during the Middle Ages. Communism can be observed today, in real time and in real life. In my lifetime, I've seen the devastation that atheistic Communism brings to the unfortunate people under its totalitarian governments. You can use every supposed 'rational' argument you want, but the actual implementation of atheistic Communism has proven itself to be a murderous ideology.   

Now you use the correct term. But it really has to do with people wanting power. Not just a certain doctrine. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

What about this idiotic redneck "gun culture" in the U.S.???

It's a game these children play called "blame everything bad on those who are different from you in any way."

Nothing bad could ever possibly come from your own ideology or people. No, never.

We've been playing this game since the dawn of man. It's a damn miracle we've survived this long.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Simplybill - we're not talking about something that occurred during the Middle Ages. Communism can be observed today, in real time and in real life. In my lifetime, I've seen the devastation that Christian Communism brings to the unfortunate people under its totalitarian governments. You can use every supposed 'rational' argument you want, but the actual implementation of Christian Communism has proven itself to be a murderous ideology.

(my last ditch attempt to reach you here. I hope you finally see your fallacy, though most likely not...)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simplybill said:

We aren't saying Communism should not be held accountable for killing it's people. You mentioned a totalitarian government, that is what killed people to control the population. They didn't kill it's people based on atheist idiology.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, simplybill said:

AK - Atheism is at the core of Communism. It's a foundational principle of Communism. The two principles have always existed together.

Please support this statement. I can't find any principle of Communism addressing the existence of God.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, danydandan said:

There is zero evidence to support that.

Um. Ok.

What evidence is there not to not support it? I propose a correlation due a collection of variables that seem to produce a relationship. Lets see.

There exist a time in the history of the US that the educational system was centered around Christianity and gun control was minimal. School shooting were virtually unheard of. 

The educational system was then altered and no longer centered around Christianity and the number of gun shootings has grown significantly.

So now I am supposed to assume there is not relationship between them. 

Edited by FFA
  • Like 1

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Please support this statement. I can't find any principle of Communism addressing the existence of God.

That's because there is none.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Bill

I don't see how you are making this association, Communism is a political system and held accountable in that sense. Religion was outlawed but in a sense became religion like, it does not reflect athiest perspectives as a cultural whole because individuals will keep personal beliefs personal and may not speak about believing in god openly.

jmccr8

Within the context of this discussion, it's difficult to separate Atheism from aggressive expansionism. Mr. Dawkins actively promotes the dissolution of religion, and people here are praising him, admiring his intellect, and cheering him on as he denigrates an entire group of people.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FFA said:

Um. Ok.

What evidence is there not to not support it? I propose a correlation due a collection of variables that seem to produce a relationship. Lets see.

There exist a time in the history of the US that the educational system was centered around Christianity and gun control was minimal. School shooting were virtually unheard of. 

The educational system was then altered and no longer centered around Christianity and the number of gun shootings has grown significantly.

So now I am supposed to assume there is not relationship between them. This idea sounds a little unscientific to me.

Literally everything you just said is unscientific by nature. You littered that post with logical fallacies.

You know what is scientific? This: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FFA said:

Um. Ok.

So now I am supposed to assume there is not relationship between them. 

Correlation and causation are two different things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Correlation and causation are two different things.

Determining the correlation will demonstrate the causation. 

Edited by FFA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

It's a game these children play called "blame everything bad on those who are different from you in any way."

Nothing bad could ever possibly come from your own ideology or people. No, never.

We've been playing this game since the dawn of man. It's a damn miracle we've survived this long.

Hi Aquilla King

It's probably due to the fact that there have always been moderates to balance the extremes.:lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Phone is messing with me
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, FFA said:

We had guns and fewer restrictions on them before the rise of secular education and no shootings. 

Its obviously not the guns.

Before the rise of secular education? What century was that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

You've never seen 'South Park'.....

We will not tolerate that much certainty in this house. ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FFA said:

Not necessarily.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FFA said:

You apparently don't understand basic logic... :mellow:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Not necessarily.

Really. If a correlation can be found a response variable can always be determined. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

We will not tolerate that much certainty in this house. ;)

:lol:

• Like 1

People often misunderstand that Atheism is not a religion. Saying that atheism is a religion is rather like saying not collecting stamps is a hobby.

• Like 6

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked