Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires McMaster, Hires Bolton

Farmer77

The hiring of John Bolton should be the final nail in the "drain the swamp" coffin. 

The Untold Story of John Bolton’s Campaign for War With Iran

But the strong likelihood that Donald Trump will now choose John Bolton as his next national security advisor creates a prospect of war with Iran that is very real. Bolton is no ordinary neoconservative hawk. He has been obsessed for many years with going to war against the Islamic Republic, calling repeatedly for bombing Iran in his regular appearances on Fox News, without the slightest indication that he understands the consequences of such a policy.

John Bolton: No Regrets On Iraq War

At least one prominent neocon is still defending President George W. Bush’s decision to invade Iraq, even as the president’s own brother is backtracking in his support.

John Bolton, Bush’s U.N. ambassador, told the Washington Examiner that he still believed the war was worth it.

An op ed written by Bolton: 

The Legal Case for Striking North Korea First

• Like 3

Iran, the beacon of democracy and human rights, why would anyone critizice their government??

• Like 2

Looks like a shot across the bow, to me.  Good deal.  It's well past time for the mullahs to realize their free hand in world affairs just got a lot less strong.  Those who squirm and chafe at the exercise of power are like children in an adult world, IMO.  Obama guaranteed a war with Iran and potentially, a global conflagration all because of his hatred for Netanyahu.  I hope that if America IS struck with a nuke someday, he happens to be close enough to burn.  No one is more deserving.

ETA - McMaster has been working against Trump, including leaking, since day one, good riddance to bad rubbish...

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Iran, the beacon of democracy and human rights, why would anyone critizice their government??

Criticizing their government and pounding the drums of war are two entirely different things. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, acidhead said:

A war with Iran will be distasteful distraction from Hair Twitlers up and coming legal woes, nothing more. That ball has rolled to far and gained to much momentum to be stopped. 

Hank

• Like 2

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

A war with Iran will be distasteful distraction from Hair Twitlers up and coming legal woes, nothing more. That ball has rolled to far and gained to much momentum to be stopped. 

Hank

You actually believe the rhetoric, don't you?  Do you understand that removing him isn't something that can be done politically OR legally until his term is over?  It's an obsession and it's going to be funny to watch you guys twist in the wind and continue to shriek like little girls seeing a spider too close when it all falls apart on you.

1 minute ago, and then said:

Do you understand that removing him isn't something that can be done politically OR legally until his term is over? 

Um I do believe impeachment is the political process for removing a president. 

2 minutes ago, and then said:

It's an obsession

The good of our nation used to be an obsession for "conservatives" too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Criticizing their government and pounding the drums of war are two entirely different things. 

The people of Iran say otherwise! Their repressive regime is done.  What's needed right now is the USA to send a strong message saying f-u... It's over.

Just curious... How many Iranians do you know??

I know many who want to see an end to the rule of the mullahs in Iran.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Turn off your tv

• Like 2

I am far from a fan of Iran, but declaring war to distract from your crimes shows a total lack of humanity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a little rule that states a sitting president can't be removed in times of war? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Hank

• Like 3

Just now, acidhead said:

The people of Iran say otherwise! Their repressive regime is done.  What's needed right now is the USA to send a strong message saying f-u... It's over.

I don't care what Iranians want. I care about the unnecessary loss of life which comes from unnecessary war.

This guy Bolton clearly doesn't.

He is a war monger and a military industrial complex shill the exact type of person whom Trump supporters claimed Trump was supposed to be getting rid of 

• Like 4

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I don't care what Iranians want. I care about the unnecessary loss of life which comes from unnecessary war.

He is a war monger and a military industrial complex shill the exact type of person whom Trump supporters claimed Trump was supposed to be getting rid of 

Who says there will be a war???

I agree McMaster brought this on himself.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yes, and they're all princes of Saudi Arabia. And conservatives of course.

Hank

• Like 1

Just now, acidhead said:

Who says there will be a war???

Man read the links in the OP, Bolton is all about war with Iran. (among others) 

Bolton’s high-profile advocacy of war with Iran is well known. What is not at all well known is that, when he was under secretary of state for arms control and international security, he executed a complex and devious strategy aimed at creating the justification for a U.S. attack on Iran. Bolton sought to convict the Islamic Republic in the court of international public opinion of having a covert nuclear weapons program using a combination of diplomatic pressure, crude propaganda, and fabricated evidence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I like that quote:

"I don't care what the Iranians want"

Lol

The USA holds the cards.  You're freaking over something that's not gna happen

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Cruise missiles. Drones. Ships offshore. There is very little necessity to put troops on the ground in order to devastate a enemy nation.

That said, I don't believe in going to war just for going to war. If Iran floats a ship over to the mainland US and invades Savannah Georgia, then I'm all in favor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I agree McMaster brought this on himself.

Yeah its hard to be upset about being canned when you've gone against the will of the boss publicly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, and they're all princes of Saudi Arabia. And conservatives of course.

Hank

Smoke another one

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Turn off your tv

I don't watch t.v. I prefer real information, not regurgitated tripe like Faux News et al. Just me and Mr. Tablet.

Hank

• Like 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

Cruise missiles. Drones. Ships offshore. There is very little necessity to put troops on the ground in order to devastate a enemy nation.

True, but I don't only care about American lives. 

Of course if forced to attack I would choose this method to save American lives but if done so preemptively I would consider it mass murder - just like I do what we did in Iraq, Syria and Libya. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Smoke another one

Thanks, I will. Care to join me? It might help your anxiety problem. You know, where you're anxious to defend Trump at all costs?

Hank

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Are you deliberately being as provocative as possible now just to get a response,or have you really become an insanely belligerent neocon, spluttering fire and fury? If you really are being serious, shall we try to think about this; many Iranians that you know personally want to see an end to the rule of the Mad Mullahs in Iran. Now, how many of these brave Iranian freedom fighting patriots that you know personally actually live in Iran? Many? Or are most of them living in expatriate enclaves in British Columbia? So these freedom fighters wouldn't be at much risk of being annihilated in drone strikes or by Mothers of All Bombs if the current president was to take your advice. On the other hand, many tens of thousands of the poor oppressed Iranians would . Why don't people try to think before being so utterly stupid? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Thanks, I will. Care to join me? It might help your anxiety problem. You know, where you're anxious to defend Trump at all costs?

Hank

it's not defending Trump I'm worried about, it's his apparent enthusiasm for slaughtering thousands. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

Looks like a shot across the bow, to me.  Good deal.  It's well past time for the mullahs to realize their free hand in world affairs just got a lot less strong.  Those who squirm and chafe at the exercise of power are like children in an adult world, IMO.  Obama guaranteed a war with Iran and potentially, a global conflagration all because of his hatred for Netanyahu.  I hope that if America IS struck with a nuke someday, he happens to be close enough to burn.  No one is more deserving.

ETA - McMaster has been working against Trump, including leaking, since day one, good riddance to bad rubbish...

an adult world? The world of Old Testament vengeance to anyone who threatens, even merely verbally, the Chosen People? That's an adult way to behave in the modern world is i? 

• Like 4