Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Farmer77

Trump fires McMaster, Hires Bolton

113 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

kartikg
On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5:40 PM, Phaeton80 said:

 

That was obviously meant in gest (my hotline with Russia & China is in the shop at the moment), in an effort to massage you to actually imagine what it would feel like if others declare your government as 'an evil regime', to subsequently unilaterally decide to invade your nation causing hundreds of thousands if not millions of innocent US civilian deaths. You know, empathy, the ability to position yourself in the shoes of others. Look it up, you might learn something.

 

Actually USA routinely issues human rights reports on other countries stating them about abuses in prison, religious clashes etc. I wonder how would usa react if some other country compiled similar reports on the cases in usa 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Gromdor
8 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Actually USA routinely issues human rights reports on other countries stating them about abuses in prison, religious clashes etc. I wonder how would usa react if some other country compiled similar reports on the cases in usa 

They do actually.  We just don't typically see them on western media.  They typically bring up our incarceration rate, use of death penalty, racial disparities in employment/politics/education/penal system, rampant gun violence, and civilian death count in our military ventures.  http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-03/09/c_136115462.htm

Heck even North Korea, made a report on US human rights violations.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose

It's just a total **** show.

And Republicans are all like...what **** show? We don't see any **** show.

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm skeptical on that.  With the MOAB dropping, the cruise missiles on the Russian/Syrian Airbase, the fixation of military parades and the upping of the military budget he strikes me as a kid with army men that he really wants to play with somewhere.  Bolton and the people that he is surrounding himself aren't exactly known for their history of peace either, if you know what I mean.

If he had done nothing about the chemical attacks you'd be howling and if he allowed ISIS to continue growing you'd be howling so just admit that NOTHING the man can do is acceptable to you and your ilk.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
42 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

If he had done nothing about the chemical attacks you'd be howling and if he allowed ISIS to continue growing you'd be howling so just admit that NOTHING the man can do is acceptable to you and your ilk.

Eh, there's plenty of things that he could do that would be acceptable.  Here's a couple just from today's news:

  Not bashing Amazon on taxes after giving a huge tax cut and paying 0% taxes himself.

  Not bashing California's governor for pardoning people after he declared April "Second Chance Month"  https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/30/politics/trump-second-chance-month-crime/

  You know, practice what you preach and all that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm skeptical on that.  With the MOAB dropping, the cruise missiles on the Russian/Syrian Airbase, the fixation of military parades and the upping of the military budget he strikes me as a kid with army men that he really wants to play with somewhere.  Bolton and the people that he is surrounding himself aren't exactly known for their history of peace either, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I am too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, there's plenty of things that he could do that would be acceptable.  Here's a couple just from today's news:

  Not bashing Amazon on taxes after giving a huge tax cut and paying 0% taxes himself.

So giving American's a tax cut is a bad thing?  What planet are you living on? 

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

  Not bashing California's governor for pardoning people after he declared April "Second Chance Month"  https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/30/politics/trump-second-chance-month-crime/

  You know, practice what you preach and all that.

You do understand  that the people that bill is about had already served their time don't you?  :rolleyes:

So I guess you don't care  that the economy is doing far better than it ever did under Obama, that unemployment is lower than anytime under Obama and more people are going back to work,  or that ISIS has been gutted?  Those things aren't worth a "That was well done."  huh?   I guess you enjoyed 1%  GDP for 8 years eh? 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

So giving American's a tax cut is a bad thing?  What planet are you living on? 

 

I have noticed nothing different with my paycheck, and most Americans are noticing a very minimal difference.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I have noticed nothing different with my paycheck, and most Americans are noticing a very minimal difference.  

I have noticed a difference for the better and many others have as well, I could never say that under Obama, I only saw things failing and that is what the democrats promised more of.  That is why you lost, not the Russians. 

Very noticeable that you mention nothing else I posted and your only criticism is your paycheck just got a little bit bigger, not a lot.  Gromdor whines because we got a tax cut at all!   The rest of your cult (that is what you guys are) is silent because what I posted is undeniable, your progressive beliefs fail every time and everywhere they are tried yet it matters not to you, just as a creationist believes the world is 6000 years old no matter the evidence they are wrong.  .

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
5 hours ago, Merc14 said:

So giving American's a tax cut is a bad thing?  What planet are you living on? 

You do understand  that the people that bill is about had already served their time don't you?  :rolleyes:

So I guess you don't care  that the economy is doing far better than it ever did under Obama, that unemployment is lower than anytime under Obama and more people are going back to work,  or that ISIS has been gutted?  Those things aren't worth a "That was well done."  huh?   I guess you enjoyed 1%  GDP for 8 years eh? 

Normally I would credit the first year's performance to the policies of the previous president as the new one did not have the chance to have a say in the budget nor did he have a chance to enact and get results from his trade policies/tax reforms.  But hey, for the sake of argument, I'll give you that and agree to let Trump take credit (responsibility) for 2017.

Let's take a look see.  You are right, during the Obama years Iowa had 1% growth.  Sometimes we almost pushed 2%.

  "In 2006, Iowa GDP was $128.0 billion and ranked 31st in the United States. In 2016, Iowa real GDP grew 1.6 percent; the 2015-2016 national change was 1.5 percent. The 2006-2016 compound annual growth rate for Iowa real GDP was 1.7 percent; the compound annual growth rate for the nation was 1.2 percent.Mar 22, 2018"  https://www.bea.gov/regional/bearfacts/pdf.cfm?fips=19000&areatype=STATE&geotype=3

 
Heck we were doing better than the national average.
 
Now let's look at the most recent one.  Hmmm.. negative .7%  https://iowastartingline.com/2017/11/22/iowa-now-dead-last-gdp-growth-republican-control/
Huh,  Yay Trump?
 
So I guess I do wish for the 1% growth under Obama, because that is 2% higher than what we have now.
 
But it's okay, right. Trump will make it better!
 
Well shucks,  China just put a 25% tariff on pork in response to Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs.  https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/agriculture/2018/03/23/trump-china-trade-war-tariffs-pork-soybean-ethanol-iowa/452765002/
 
 
Well pooh. 
 
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
11 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Normally I would credit the first year's performance to the policies of the previous president as the new one did not have the chance to have a say in the budget nor did he have a chance to enact and get results from his trade policies/tax reforms.  But hey, for the sake of argument, I'll give you that and agree to let Trump take credit (responsibility) for 2017.

Let's take a look see.  You are right, during the Obama years Iowa had 1% growth.  Sometimes we almost pushed 2%.

  "In 2006, Iowa GDP was $128.0 billion and ranked 31st in the United States. In 2016, Iowa real GDP grew 1.6 percent; the 2015-2016 national change was 1.5 percent. The 2006-2016 compound annual growth rate for Iowa real GDP was 1.7 percent; the compound annual growth rate for the nation was 1.2 percent.Mar 22, 2018"  https://www.bea.gov/regional/bearfacts/pdf.cfm?fips=19000&areatype=STATE&geotype=3

 
Heck we were doing better than the national average.
 
Now let's look at the most recent one.  Hmmm.. negative .7%  https://iowastartingline.com/2017/11/22/iowa-now-dead-last-gdp-growth-republican-control/
Huh,  Yay Trump?
 
So I guess I do wish for the 1% growth under Obama, because that is 2% higher than what we have now.
 
But it's okay, right. Trump will make it better!
 
Well shucks,  China just put a 25% tariff on pork in response to Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs.  https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/agriculture/2018/03/23/trump-china-trade-war-tariffs-pork-soybean-ethanol-iowa/452765002/
 
 
Well pooh. 
 
 

Well pooh is right but GDP nationally is what I was talking about and I saw was this  https://www.wsj.com/articles/iowas-employment-problem-too-many-jobs-not-enough-people-1522580400

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Well pooh is right but GDP nationally is what I was talking about and I saw was this  https://www.wsj.com/articles/iowas-employment-problem-too-many-jobs-not-enough-people-1522580400

Yup, that is correct as well.  Iowa has been having a population problem for years now: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2015/01/26/business-council-population-lag-problem-iowa-economy/22377717/

If it weren't for immigrants we would even have negative population growth.  Unemployment hasn't been an issue for us, lack of qualified people to hire has been.  We've always had lower unemployment rates that the rest of the nation:  https://www.iowa.gov/chart/unemployment-rates

I think one of the issues is that the things that you think are good signs  have in fact been problems/negative things for my state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yup, that is correct as well.  Iowa has been having a population problem for years now: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2015/01/26/business-council-population-lag-problem-iowa-economy/22377717/

If it weren't for immigrants we would even have negative population growth.  Unemployment hasn't been an issue for us, lack of qualified people to hire has been.  We've always had lower unemployment rates that the rest of the nation:  https://www.iowa.gov/chart/unemployment-rates

I think one of the issues is that the things that you think are good signs  have in fact been problems/negative things for my state. 

Gromdor, my point with this line of questioning is to show that many of you on the left is far beyond rational because of your deep hatred of Trump.  Fine,the man is deeply flawed, hat ethe man if you want, I couldn't care less.  What I do care about is my country and it isn't arguable that the country is doing much better in a very short time because of

this administration.  Obama was seen as a smooth operator and classy guy (I disagree, I found him repugnant on many levels) but my feelings about the man were irrelevant, all I cared about were his polices and the country he was running and he was an absolute disaster by every measure at president.  It can be argued he despised the US and wanted to change it fundamentally and weaken it and that I could never agree with.

Trump, in spite of his many flaws, does love the country and has made it a better place for the middle class in a short time. Hate the player, I won't defend him, but don't hate the outcome because of the player.  It isn't perfect but it is better than it was and where it was headed.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.