Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hostage Situation In France

Lilly

Sky news has live updates:

AFP is quoting a security source as saying two people have died. "Most of the employees and customers of the Super U managed to flee," the source said, adding that a police officer was in contact with the gunman.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-gunman-holding-hostages-at-french-supermarket-11301155

Heard on Fox News that the hostage situation is now over. The terrorists family even come by and try to calm their relative down. I don't know if the guy is dead or not.

• Like 1

The gunman is dead, along with three victims:

France hostage crisis: Police shoot supermarket gunman

"Armed police have killed a suspect who shot dead three people dead in a shooting spree in southern France.

The gunman hijacked a car and then took hostages at a supermarket in the town of Trèbes.

The man, named by ministers as 26-year-old Redouane Lakdim, pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group."

Things have been relatively quiet, since the fall of the last ISIS stronghold in Mosul. Sadly, this is a reminder that nations still need to remain ultra vigilant.

• Like 2

The term 'hero' gets misused a lot these days.

This man is a true hero, in my opinion. He gave his life to save that of a young woman.

R.I.P.

Arnaud Beltrame: French police 'hero' dies of wounds

_100551717_hi045736198.jpg

"A French police officer who swapped himself for a hostage in a supermarket siege on Friday has died, officials say.

Lt-Col Arnaud Beltrame, 44, "fell as a hero" and showed "exceptional courage", French President Emmanuel Macron said."

• Like 2